PDA

View Full Version : Collectible Locations & Discussion thread

outlawtrigger
06-30-2007, 02:33 AM
hey i cant find 13 and 17

i look at mutliple faq sites and it says for 13 "Down the hatch, into the secret area." what hatch and where?

and 17.... found it

any one help me out please?

Acrid Placidity
07-01-2007, 02:03 PM
Link:

http://faqs.ign.com/articles/800/800525p1.html

I posted this in the achievement discussion thread, but thought I'd just start a new thread on the main page so it's easier to find and should also help reduce unnecessary threads with people asking where to find one or two specific numbers.

Webb
07-01-2007, 02:12 PM
Or they could use....

http://www.mycheats.com/view/section/18331/19581/the_darkness/xbox_360

eXodusOnFiRe
07-01-2007, 02:33 PM
Or they could use....

http://www.mycheats.com/view/section/18331/19581/the_darkness/xbox_360

True Webb, but I just looked over the lists for both MyCheats and IGN and I noticed that MyCheats is extremely vague and IGN uses reference points to help you...and they are just more accurate, like this.

=============IGN=============

Construction Site | 1 | First room after the car crash.

Construction Site | 89 | The scaffold lift to the foreman's
| | office; hop off at the middle level.

Trinity Cemetary | 2 | The garage near the cemetary's exit to
| | Canal St. Station.

Trinity Cemetary | 29 | The electrical room in the cellar,
| |after the bomb explosion.
==============================

===================MyCheats==================
Construction Site:

Collectible # 1 - At the beginning of the game, you can't miss it. It practically invites you to pick it up so it can give you a little tutorial.

Collectible # 89 - Located on the second floor of the construction site.

Cemetery:

Collectible # 2 - Inside the garage, located directly outside of the cemetery.

Collectible # 29 - Inside the locked room, towards beginning of the level.
================================================== =

You can definetly use whichever you please, but for the sake of time I would recommend IGN's guide over MyCheats big time.

-X

Webb
07-01-2007, 03:00 PM
Ahhh, well thats fair enough. Cheers. I might have to use IGN myself now :p

angry
07-01-2007, 04:42 PM
Great info guys ty it's appreciated. ;)

ThrillKillBill
07-01-2007, 06:24 PM
the thing with mycheats.com is that the person that added that list copied it from the walkthrough guide for darkness made by bradygames. don't believe me? go up to your local gamestore and compare. the bradygames guide is complete ass-crap and i feel sorry for anybody whom buys it.

good find on the IGN site. i'd say that person actually played the game before posting;)

Neo003
07-01-2007, 08:43 PM
I can't fine Collection #28 (On the way to the sewers). I looked around everywhere.

Neo003
07-01-2007, 08:51 PM
Also is that collection worth 2% cause I have 98% collected and only one 28 left.

Acrid Placidity
07-01-2007, 09:14 PM
The one in the sewers is just after you go down the ladder that the dead British soldiers open up a lid to. Go past the first arch and turn around so you're facing the ladder. It should be on the right.

Neo003
07-01-2007, 09:43 PM
Just found it thanks. Collection Vah hooo

Krispy
07-01-2007, 10:06 PM
This is actually a much better guide. I will add it to the guide instead of the mycheats one.

Acrid Placidity
07-01-2007, 10:42 PM
Anything I can do to help :)

rickGamer
07-02-2007, 12:34 AM
Hmm thats strange, I completed the game and I missed a few unlockables, I go into the Achievements through the pause menu and it tells me I'm missing Numers 2, 12, 17, 18, 19 so with these helpful guides I thought I would reload previous chapters to go and find them..... well first on my list was unlockable two and since I wanted to get the Achievement for killing everyone in the tunnel at the beggining of the game I loaded up the first chapter.

Anyway after going through that part and failing to get my achievement for killing the guys in the tunnel I search for collectable number two, I find it with ease thanks to that guide but it didn't come up with any unlockable when I picked it up, so I go back into the achievement menu and see that I still need to unlock numbers 2, 12, 17, 18, 19 even though I just picked up number 2 ???

Anyone know whats up with this, do I have to start a new game or something, can't just load up previous chapters ?

Webb
07-03-2007, 07:47 PM
Right, I'm in Hell and looking for....

Trenches | 14 | Above the binoculars in No Man's Land.
| |
Trenches | 13 | Before leaving the trenches, look for
| | a small area to send a creeper into.

Any ideas?

Also, are they in order?

HellzManik
07-03-2007, 07:55 PM
I noticed that Mycheats doesnt even have #42 listed.
and IGN the description says:

Fulton St. Station | 42 | Warburton coin dare sidequest.

What does that even mean??

I only have 3 left to find and this is one of them. Has anyone else got this collectible?

EDIT: Nevermind I just found this guide:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360/file/927014/49108

It seems pretty descriptive.

Webb
07-03-2007, 08:03 PM
Nice find Hellz. Definitely better help :)

ThrillKillBill
07-03-2007, 08:29 PM
Dan..... #13 will be near the end of the trenches, when you get there you see 2 zombies facing away from you. kill them. then you leave trenches and a zombie is sniping you from the right, to the left/straight you can find a burnt out building with a hatch that you shoot. then go down the latter and you found #13. #14 will be in a burnt out room above the trenches closer to the start of the trenches then to the binaculars. it's laying on the ground inside the shell of the room so just start looking throughout there.

Webb
07-03-2007, 09:01 PM
Thank you very much :D

Can I also recommend Hellz' link for those still searching. Very easy to use ;)

HotScott92
07-03-2007, 09:06 PM
Hmm thats strange, I completed the game and I missed a few unlockables, I go into the Achievements through the pause menu and it tells me I'm missing Numers 2, 12, 17, 18, 19 so with these helpful guides I thought I would reload previous chapters to go and find them..... well first on my list was unlockable two and since I wanted to get the Achievement for killing everyone in the tunnel at the beggining of the game I loaded up the first chapter.

Anyway after going through that part and failing to get my achievement for killing the guys in the tunnel I search for collectable number two, I find it with ease thanks to that guide but it didn't come up with any unlockable when I picked it up, so I go back into the achievement menu and see that I still need to unlock numbers 2, 12, 17, 18, 19 even though I just picked up number 2 ???

Anyone know whats up with this, do I have to start a new game or something, can't just load up previous chapters ?

I believe you must find a phone and call it. If it's a letter from hell, you must find a mailbox in the ''real'' world and send it. That's probably what your doing wrong. If that doesn't work or you already are doing that then I can't help you.

Acrid Placidity
07-04-2007, 01:04 AM

I only have 3 left to find and this is one of them. Has anyone else got this collectible?

It doesn't need to be any more descriptive than that. You get it once you've completed the sidequest with the coins. The name of the lady is Warburton.

zFerus
07-04-2007, 08:43 AM
Nice post bro! Thx for the info

ninja patience
07-04-2007, 01:35 PM
I've been following the IGN guide for the collectables, but I can't find #58 and #12 anywhere.
#58 is supposed to be on the stairs at Harry's place, but which stairs does it mean?
#12 is supposed to be outside the orphanage under a 'ped path'.
What is a 'ped path'?

Please can someone help me???:confused::confused::confused::confused::conf used:

FalseHope4829
07-04-2007, 02:49 PM
Just a quick tip from someone who has completionist (me), I got suckered into buying the Brady Games guide, and it can be pretty damn vague or off. I HIGHLY recommend checkin at least two or three guides. Mainly online guides that do not cost $16.95 plus tax, and are (re)written by someone who played the game. Just do like 5 minutes of research and you can find anything on anything. And to answer your next question, yes you can even find out who would win in a Chuck Norris vs. Steven Seagal fight. Don't f*ck wit
Chuck.:uzi::boxer

Stefan 24 NL
07-04-2007, 07:30 PM
yeah you can then check which ones you still need to get in the pause menu!! :) worked like a charm

FalseHope4829
07-05-2007, 11:40 AM
I've been following the IGN guide for the collectables, but I can't find #58 and #12 anywhere.
#58 is supposed to be on the stairs at Harry's place, but which stairs does it mean?
#12 is supposed to be outside the orphanage under a 'ped path'.
What is a 'ped path'?

Please can someone help me???:confused::confused::confused::confused::conf used:
A much easier route to finding all of the phone numbers is just to print out the list and call all 73 of them. Or u can use help from another guide to pinpoint it. Ne ways #58 is at Dutch Oven Harry's house in Chapter 1 only, inside of his house behind a boarded up staircase. just walk up to it and it is within reach. And #12. When you come out of Fulton Street station, walk past St Mary's Orphanage and when u get to the end of that street and look right, walk like 5 steps or so and look right again. and it is under like a wheelchair ramp. Use your creeping dark and voila.

Steph Kai
07-06-2007, 10:46 AM
Blegh.... I cant find 13 either... there is a dirt ramp on the left of the hatch to leave trenches, and there are remnants of a building. But it is a dead end, en no hatch to be found. Am I looking at the wrong spot?? Please help me

ninja patience
07-06-2007, 11:24 AM
thanx dude that was really boring but at least it's done

S1D1OUS
07-06-2007, 12:28 PM
Found these two last night

13 - when you come out the first trench walk out of it towards 10 o'clock. You should be able to see a german bunker in front of you, the ruins are there and the hatch is right by the wall, just shoot it and climb down.

!7 - When you move the bell and walk down the trench towards the man on the cross, turn right when you get to the end of the concrete wall and walk straight and ahead the letter is in the fireplace. Took me a couple of trys to find this one.

Hope this helps you guys out :)

Steph Kai
07-07-2007, 10:09 AM
Thanks a lot! I assumed it was there where you leave the trenches and enter the village. I was a long walk back, but then again I finaly found it!

roloboloco
07-07-2007, 07:45 PM
I looked at everyone's threads but i still can't find the #37 collectable... can somebody help who's already found it please?

RupturedRapture
07-08-2007, 08:40 PM
I really need help! I cant for the life of me find Collectable #38, the one in "Hell". None of the guides ive read have anything in it that makes sense. Ive read that its on an arch or something. If someone can post a picture or give me more detailed instructions i would REALLY appreciate it:)

Webb
07-08-2007, 08:44 PM
Try this from Hellzmanik's link...

#038 - After the 1st bunker, and using the Kamikaze darkling to destroy the
box of ammo and the wall next to it, turn around to the left and go to the
opposite side of where the hole in the wall is. Around the corner, on a ledge
is the collectable.

RupturedRapture
07-08-2007, 09:08 PM
Yeah, ive read that and it didnt help, thanks though:). See, i dont know if its on the building that the Kamakazie darkling blows the hole in, the same one where the plane crashed, or if its in a different area. I know the trench "behind" the plane crash one has #14, but im clueless on #38:confused:

Webb
07-08-2007, 09:09 PM
Ooooohhhh no, its the one when you exit the German bunker if I remember rightly, the one in between the hill with Pestilence on and the allied bunker... I think :p

RupturedRapture
07-08-2007, 10:00 PM
So is the "german bunker" you mention the building with the crashed plane? And i hate to sound stupid, but whats the pestilance, and which is the allied bunker. Sorry for all the questions but im have a real hard time with this.:(

Webb
07-08-2007, 10:38 PM
Pestillence is the funny looking bird creature tied to a pole on the hill, he has an envelope in front of him.

The German bunker is nearer the end of the first section, way after the plane crash site. You enter with you Creeping Dark who opens the door, there are 2 beds I believe and a few tables, you get out of it using the Kamikaze darkling to blow up the arms crate by the dodgy wall which is your exit to the next bit of the level.

And the Allied bunker is just before you get in the sewers to go to the village. You will meet the allied troops in there just stood around doing nothing, point of interest includes suicide corner in the middle, hope that helps.

RupturedRapture
07-08-2007, 10:49 PM
Wow,do i feel stupid:p. I was convinced #38 was in the crash site. Well im gonna go and try and find it, ill let you know if i find it. I really appreciate all the help Webb:woop:.

Woah_Mullet
07-09-2007, 03:21 AM
I cannot find #17 and #18. I been looking forever in that pump room area and I just don't understand where those two are.

Kythe91
07-09-2007, 12:24 PM
Can Anyone Tell Me How To Get The Collectable After You Come Out Of Jenny's Apartment And The Guy Is Being Chased By The Goons The Guy Won't Talk To Me To Give Me The Collectable

patches4711
07-09-2007, 02:21 PM
If I remember right you have to kill the guys that are chasing him there are 2 and once you do that he thanks you and gives you collectable

Kythe91
07-09-2007, 03:13 PM
I Have Actually Killed The Two Other Guys But He Still Wont Talk To Me.

Nvm I Done I Now

Acrid Placidity
07-10-2007, 01:23 AM
Thought I had number 37, but apparently not. Can't seem to find it in any locations listed in any guide. The Gamefaqs one says it's under a garage door that's slightly open at Pier 19, but there is no slightly open garage door there. It is also (to my knowledge) not on any of the containers in the ships hold. And the list stating "#37: Unknown" probably won't be found anywhere either.

patches4711
07-10-2007, 01:35 PM
The only one's I can remember at pier 19 was one at the front of the ship when you get on go all the way left to the front. Then I remember there was a guy sitting along the dock when you went to get the boat but I can't remember if he had a collectable or not. I hope that this helps.

BROOKIE
07-10-2007, 05:42 PM
its on the level where u fight the zombie germans in an old building, a blue trapdoor.

Webb
07-10-2007, 06:24 PM
Thought I had number 37, but apparently not. Can't seem to find it in any locations listed in any guide. The Gamefaqs one says it's under a garage door that's slightly open at Pier 19, but there is no slightly open garage door there. It is also (to my knowledge) not on any of the containers in the ships hold. And the list stating "#37: Unknown" probably won't be found anywhere either.

As you see the water ahead of you after getting on to the dock, the garage is literally furthest away on the right wall nearest the water, there is some junk you have to chomp out the way when inside.

roloboloco
07-10-2007, 08:17 PM
hey acrid i found #37 it is in that garage but only on chapter 3 just send your creeping dark in there.

roloboloco
07-10-2007, 08:21 PM
hey RupturedRapture collectible #38 question when you blow up that wall in the bunker and everyone is telling you to go to the left side of the bunker when you get out you will see an arch outside a concrete tunnel its huge when you see that use your creeping dark and slither it over to the top of the archway of that tunnel and it should be on top of that.

opiate
07-10-2007, 08:28 PM
I cannot find #17 and #18. I been looking forever in that pump room area and I just don't understand where those two are.

hey #17 is when you are facing the first door with the PUMP on it then is go on the right side and then move forward to the "cliff" of the first floor and when you look on the ground you see the white envelope, there you jump down and pic it up

(1st floor)
when you remember after the PUMP door you turned on one pump in the left room and one pump in the right room.
after that you can enter the door in the basement when you move forward you can go straight ahead, left and to the right.
go in the left hall and there is the envelope

sorry for my poor english but i hope it helps a bit.

can someone tells me where i can find in chapter 2
#28 (on the way to the sewers)?
i know after getting the darkness guns and the father opens the hatch to get to the sewer you should immidialtly turn around and you should see it but i dont see it anywhere

and
#68 (under the machines catwalk)?
i looked everywhere at the cannonbut i cant find it..
is this IN the cannon?
where the zombies are? or outside under the cannon?
looked everywhere for this

patches4711
07-11-2007, 01:16 PM
#68 is in the machine room at the end of chapter 2 before you up the stairs it is in the middle under the catwalk you have to use creeping dark I forget if it was in the first or 2nd car. #28 if I remember right was when you first enter the catacombs and you go under the first arch.

teh x3nomorph
07-14-2007, 12:36 AM
I am completely stuck on collectible #79. I know that it is supposed to be in the fireplace of the burned out house durning your first visit to hell. I send out my creeping dark and can't find it. I go up the chimney on the outside and on the inside of the house and still nothing.

Has anyone found this collectible and can you give me any help on it. I have found all 99 other collectibles, and I really just want to be able to find this one.

Thanks in advance.

vicko
07-15-2007, 02:08 PM
Hi guys, I have missed 13,14,26,27,28, I dont think i can go back and get them now, Do they carry over or do i have to start fresh when i attempt it on hard?

WaltXXX
07-15-2007, 08:36 PM
Hey,

This is my last collectible I need. Where is it? I know that it is somewhere in Lower East Side, but where?

Thanks
/Walt

WaltXXX
07-15-2007, 09:17 PM
And this one, I dont understand how to get it:

"Letter #79 - From the man on the cross turn right roughly 45 degrees and head out onto the flat ground. On your way out you will see a ruin of a house on your left. Pass that one up and keep going in a north east direction. You will come to another ruin of a house but this one is a lot larger than the first one you saw. Inside the ruin is a fireplace and inside the fireplace is letter 79."

When Im going forward and pass that ruin, then the screen is white and Im back on the place I started! Need help! :(

Woah_Mullet
07-15-2007, 10:56 PM
Hi guys, I have missed 13,14,26,27,28, I dont think i can go back and get them now, Do they carry over or do i have to start fresh when i attempt it on hard?

They carry over that you found them but the game always resets the hidden items everywhere. If you find one that you already have, it still counted it as you already found it.

WaltXXX
07-15-2007, 11:25 PM
I dont know how to get Collectible #79, where am I supposed to go and how do I avoid the damn flashlights??

Thanks
/Walt

Woah_Mullet
07-15-2007, 11:39 PM
I dont know how to get Collectible #79, where am I supposed to go and how do I avoid the damn flashlights??

Thanks
/Walt

oops, I said the wrong one LOL. Anyway, #79 is on your way to get the darkness guns and you should just see a bombed building with a fireplace and it's just chilling in the fireplace.

WaltXXX
07-15-2007, 11:52 PM
But could you tell me exact where it is? I cant find it, and when I'm close to is that damn flash coming and I return from there I started.

Edit: Or make a video! Please!

Woah_Mullet
07-16-2007, 04:53 AM
I think once you get to the darkness guns, there are two buildings to the right of and I believe it is the farthest building of the two. You really can't miss since those are the only two buildings in the hills (except for that trench off to the left of Darkness Guns.

Also, can somebody help me find #37? That is the last one I have left and I can't find that sucker in the hold like the guide says. #86 was on top of a container but I just don't know where to look anymore since I have looked everywhere.

teh x3nomorph
07-16-2007, 07:47 AM
I think once you get to the darkness guns, there are two buildings to the right of and I believe it is the farthest building of the two. You really can't miss since those are the only two buildings in the hills (except for that trench off to the left of Darkness Guns.

Also, can somebody help me find #37? That is the last one I have left and I can't find that sucker in the hold like the guide says. #86 was on top of a container but I just don't know where to look anymore since I have looked everywhere. The guide is completely wrong on that collectible. Its at Pier 19, but available in Chapter 3 only. Its the garage on the furthest wall to your right. The door is open a little bit, just send in your creeping dark and you will be able to get it.

Yeah, the collectible doesn't show up for me AT ALL. I have tried everything. I just restarted my game on Hard for that achievement, and if I can find that collectible then I will go back through the game and find the rest of them again. Grr this game makes me so mad. 1 freaking collectible.

WaltXXX
07-16-2007, 10:02 AM

Also, can somebody help me find #37? That is the last one I have left and I can't find that sucker in the hold like the guide says. #86 was on top of a container but I just don't know where to look anymore since I have looked everywhere.

But it is flashing white and I cant go that far.. :(

Exane22
07-16-2007, 01:24 PM
Yea you can, try doing it with the darkness unequipped. I believe that is how i did it. Or you might be going to the wrong place, Cant remember if there is more then one (something is making me think there is but for some reason i know im wrong)

Watching you Die
07-19-2007, 09:37 PM
good stuff, thanks for the 411

Watching you Die
07-19-2007, 10:06 PM
nice man, thanks...

Nadefanatic
07-20-2007, 02:54 AM
dont use ign or mycheats..... by all means use the guide on gamefaqs they have all collectibles with great descriptions

XxLUC41xX
07-20-2007, 03:02 AM
thks to everybody for loations ill try to find them hopefully

Tincy
07-20-2007, 08:42 PM
I'm really struggling on finding collactable numbers 18,27,28,32,33

I've looked on the gamefaqs guide but still sturuggling.

Could anybody possibly give me a detailed description of where they are?

Thanks.

MoRBid PyRo
07-21-2007, 07:20 AM
Collectible # 26 - On the left side of the cannon, on top of
the train.

or

#26 - once you're on top of the cannon, where the hatch to
the control booth is, face away from the hatch and use
creeping dark to climb up the cannon's right side (
from what you can see), the letter is there not on the
cannon itself but on top of some step like grooves, perhaps
the joint of the cannon

i have looked everywhere on and around the cannon and
in the crevices but found nothing if anyone can help or send
chat invite to MoRBid PyRo to explain it to me or if you have
more detailed instructions on how to spot it

The Pants Party
07-21-2007, 12:43 PM
When you start next to the dead dude, climb up out of the hatch. You'll see the mansion or whatever in the distance. Turn around and stay on the cannon, toward the right side you'll have to use Creeping Dark and move up a level on the cannon.

MoRBid PyRo
07-21-2007, 03:25 PM
i did i moved up the pole thing and scaled the entire cannon and looked on the groove thing nothing if yo could chat me later i would really appreciate it

Mortikie
07-21-2007, 04:50 PM
Turn and and face the cannon (with your back to the hatch) and use creeping dark. Go under the actual cannon's barrel and up the right side of the half-pipe looking object. Turn left when you get to the top of the half-pipe thing and go up the small slope that should now be in front of you. Do this the first time you visit hell, I don't know if it's there on the second time.

The Pants Party
07-21-2007, 04:59 PM
Well, I don't have the game anymore, but that's the best I remember it. Sorry, dude.

PWSteal.Ldpinch.D
07-21-2007, 06:58 PM
has anyone ever ran into a glitch where collectible #79 is pretty much uncollectible? I feel robbed of my achievement points lol.

I've been through my checkpoints easy, med, hard and even started from chapter 1 from checkpoint and the dam letter does not appear in the chimney. I'm not sure why that is unless it's somewhere that's not in the game somewhere? I have to use creeping dark to check all around the chimney but doesn't work.

What I did not try though was starting a new game and some have told me that if you start a new game, you have to reget all of the collectibles over again and im not trying to do that again lol. I only need 1 left so if anyone has figured out a way to get it, let me know. Thanks.

Mortikie
07-21-2007, 08:13 PM
I feel bad for you. I hated getting that one. I would always make it to the house, but right before I could go in and get the collectable, lightning would flash and I would appear far away from it.

But sorry, the collectable was just sitting in the fireplace when I got there. I did it after I got the guns though, maybe you can't get it before you get the guns. Also, make sure your going to the right building.

PWSteal.Ldpinch.D
07-21-2007, 08:48 PM
Sucks more when you're a completionist rather than a gscore whore lol. Yeah I tried to do it before i got the guns and after I got the guns, i'm not sure why it's like that. I didn't play any multiplayer or anything, I wonder if it's anything I did prior.

Does it matter if you called all the numbers rather than collect them?

Mortikie
07-21-2007, 09:45 PM
I called all the numbers I had everytime I passed through the subway.

PWSteal.Ldpinch.D
07-21-2007, 10:33 PM
well not actually collecting the numbers but dialing all of them at once. and then setting out for it.

Mortikie
07-21-2007, 11:07 PM
I dunno man, sorry. You might have to start the whole story over. I have no idea why it's not showing up.

PWSteal.Ldpinch.D
07-22-2007, 06:14 AM
I started a new game, wasn't there. I seen a screenshot of some guy actually walking up to the chimney without getting hit by lightning. Did anyone who was not able to walk up to it grab it with creeping dark?

I pretty did everything possible, once I get The Don, i'm going to delete my save off of the HDD and start fresh and see if I can get it, hopefully my achievement progress does not go away either if I wipe the save from my HDD. Thanks for trying to help though, Mortikie.

Motacorp
07-22-2007, 06:50 PM
Theres a better walktrough than ign's. http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360/file/927014/49108 the best thing to do is to combine both ign's and gamefaqs. i followed ign's walktrough order and serch for them with gamefaqs's wt. its more detailed. but its better to used both i recomend that. :uzi:

PWSteal.Ldpinch.D
07-22-2007, 10:15 PM
yeah i looked at all the different walk throughs, nothing gives me any more information than all the others.

teh x3nomorph
07-23-2007, 02:45 PM
Dude, I so feel for you. That is the 1 collectible that I can't find. I have tried everything trying to find it. I recently read that I was looking at the wrong burnt out house, but I can't find another house off to the right of the darkness guns dude.

So I dunno. Id love it if someone could help me out with a really detailed description of it as well.

Mortikie
07-23-2007, 10:24 PM
It's out to the left of the path you have to follow. Just run around until you see a burnt house with the chimmeny still intact. It's in the fireplace.

PWSteal.Ldpinch.D
07-24-2007, 06:07 PM
so wait, let's say, I am coming from the village and I am heading towards the darkness guns, im gonna be pissed if i was going to wrong the place lol. there is a house on the right, you go to that house and go past it maintaining toward the right side and you should see a burnt down house, with barely anything remaining except the chimney. I cant go into the house physically because the lightning stops me. Im gonna try going left of the darkness guns, maybe there is a replica house? lol.

Smokez
07-24-2007, 06:26 PM
so wait, let's say, I am coming from the village and I am heading towards the darkness guns, im gonna be pissed if i was going to wrong the place lol. there is a house on the right, you go to that house and go past it maintaining toward the right side and you should see a burnt down house, with barely anything remaining except the chimney. I cant go into the house physically because the lightning stops me. Im gonna try going left of the darkness guns, maybe there is a replica house? lol.

When your standing at the bottom of the hill take a right and walk straight. That goes to 1 house. If you walk up to the Tree and go to the Northeast Light post you will see wood kinda making a trench. Just follow that down to the bottom and keep goin straight.

vicko
07-24-2007, 06:42 PM
If you guys are stuck with any locations, check out crimzen dragons guide, i found this the best out of the lot, some of the others guides are pretty vague. cheers crimson.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=31127

PWSteal.Ldpinch.D
07-26-2007, 01:50 AM
Yeah I used that guide, didn't work. Thanks for the tip smokez but instead of finding a letter in the area, I find a pistol. And I am still unable to approach the chimney, I have to use creeping dark. Man I am screwed lol.

Smokez
07-26-2007, 05:31 AM
I jumped over the ledge. I think if you go on the left side of the building you can jump in

Mortikie
07-26-2007, 10:43 AM
The lightning always stopped me, but I eventually got into the house. I just kept running for it. I dunno why it's you giving you such a hard time.

PWSteal.Ldpinch.D
07-27-2007, 12:21 AM
even when getting to the house inside by some miracle of god, there is still nothing there, no letter, zip nada. Guess im screwed huh? lol.

The Freakquency Theory
07-27-2007, 06:52 PM
I'm currently going through hell for the second time, and I can't for the life of me find number 77 :/ the gamefaqs guide states that right before the bridge of makeshift planks it should be to the right of this light thing. What light thing? AND WHAT BRIDGE!? The one that leads to the lever that opens to the door?

The Freakquency Theory
07-27-2007, 07:26 PM
I'm currently going through hell for the second time, and I can't for the life of me find number 77 :/ the gamefaqs guide states that right before the bridge of makeshift planks it should be to the right of this light thing. What light thing? AND WHAT BRIDGE!? The one that leads to the lever that opens to the door?

Never mind, I found it >>..but now I have another question! I'm using the Gamefaqs guide, second from the top..and I just stared chapter five. Theres a part that says "you can hear it from a Dorothy Paine if you like." <-- where do I find her ? I've checked the subway and there doesn't seem to be anyone named dorothy paine :/

Not two seconds after posting this I found her D;..

Fritz White
08-12-2007, 09:21 PM
This guide is excellent and after a lot of searching was the one I used to finish up completionist. Thanks.

DashingDavid
12-17-2007, 05:31 AM
I'm having trouble with the collectable from Pete Chen outside of Jenny's apartment, I kill the two guys who interrogate him but he won't talk to me after. I've tried killing them before they stop him, I've tried killing them while they're interrogating him, I've tried letting them finish talking and walk away and killing them. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or this is some kind of glitch, any info?

FKN DanteRx
07-11-2008, 07:07 PM
after searching this post throughly the question was only 50% percent answered by saying chapter three was the only way too get it.however on first play throught i went too go look were its originaly suppose to be
and found out like every one else(in chapter 5) it wasnt there so reading the forums i was going to replay level 3 to get this collectable .but arriving on the pier on chapter 6 when i approach the popo that were patrolling upon paulies
request sure enought after murdering them bitches i decided to walk up to the garage sure enought it was there and achievement unlocked.
CREDIT GOES TO STROKER ACE 707 FOR FOR PROVIDING GAMEPLAY WHILE I WAS ABLE TO CONFIRM

sjmleicester
08-19-2008, 10:19 PM
Where on earth is collectable 28?

I've come down the ladder from the church in the village, gone through the arch, tutrned around and it is supposed to be on the right. I can't see it anyway. If I progress into the sewers is it lost?

rgds
Simon

hyyuga
08-27-2008, 09:50 AM
i am stuck too with #79, but my problem is i cant find the second house....
there is a burnt down house with a chimney to the left and to the right of the darkness guns(seems to be exactly the same?!?) but when i go past the house on the right/left side there is the end of the hills and i cant go any further... where is north east supposed to be...(i know where northeast is :)) is the route to the darkness guns supposed to be the one leading to the north?

edit : ok found it .... dunno if itīs there for everyone but.... before you go up the hill to the guns (after the stonewall ends... immediately turn right) go a LIL bit there is the building with the letter for me....(used creeping dark to get it from the fireplace)

hope it helped

gatorbait
09-01-2008, 01:14 AM
Do collectibles carry over from one game to another or does it have to be on one go through?

I have about 69 but didn't know if I would have to start a new game and collect them all over again.

Joco92
09-02-2008, 01:19 PM
wouldnt worry too much about that because all that you have to do if they dont is enter all of the telephone numbers and collect the only collectables that need to actually be picked up and dropped in a mailbox from hell

Flesseck214
11-17-2008, 04:00 AM
I don't understand how the achievements work. The collectible numbers you find in the real world are a total of 73. Then you find 27 in the underworld? Ok, so how do you use the underworld ones? I tried mailing off a letter, and I couldn't do it again. How do you mail off all 27?

Also, what's the secret achievement for?

Mike19x
02-23-2011, 05:10 AM
If any needs 2 find all the collectables go on google and type in the darkness collectables go to videos and there r 3 videos on where each one is hope this helps cuz im going 2 use this method

Mike19x
02-23-2011, 05:12 AM
on the 27 collectables u hav try going 2 the phone cuz some r phone #s instead of a letter

Orrest92
09-15-2012, 05:39 AM
Does anyone know the phone number for collectibles #6 and #29? I missed them on two playthroughs and I just want to get them. None of the guides ive found tell you which phone numbers go with which collectibles...