PDA

View Full Version : Trade used games in

albino marv
04-25-2011, 07:39 AM
I have a few games to trade in and want to know the best place to get the best prices. I have been using ebay but that is hit and miss by the time you take of postage and fees you dont always get a good price.

rekikire
04-25-2011, 08:44 AM
You either take the chance of getting a better price on ebay, or take the ripoff prices that gamestation, game, HMV etc offer.

Damage
04-25-2011, 09:46 AM
I agree GAME etc, are rip offs (also GAME needs two forms of id and a proof of address if you want cash, even if its like a 1). I trade mine in to TESCO & ASDA. Both give you store credit that can be used on anything they sell. So get your shopping in cheap, or get some DVD's or a TV etc.

Examples of my recent trade-ins:
TESCO - Lego Harry Potter 11 - Can be purchased for 12-13, and I paid 14.
ASDA - Borderlands (NON GoTY) 14, but think its now 6 - Got it for 17 a long time ago, but think that will get you the GoTY now.

Both stores are close to me so I can go to both, and compare. Also used Graingergames, but they are expensive for games and I hate being stuck with credit for a particular store (always seems that the games you want are cheaper at other stores or online).

KeepEmRolling
04-25-2011, 11:52 AM
You're always going to take a hit trading games, while you'll always take a slight risk with ebay. For those in the US, Best Buy started taking games on trade, and some of their prices are much better than Gamestop.

A ZombieTwinkie
04-25-2011, 03:01 PM
Amazon is pretty good with prices, though you only get an Amazon gift card, which isn't too bad a deal IMO. I use it when I trade in games. They usually give double what Gamestop would give.

When I traded in last time, I got $43 for Two Worlds II instead of the 18 that Gamestop would have given me.

MagicMurderBag7
04-25-2011, 03:09 PM
Amazon is pretty good with prices, though you only get an Amazon gift card, which isn't too bad a deal IMO. I use it when I trade in games. They usually give double what Gamestop would give.

When I traded in last time, I got $43 for Two Worlds II instead of the 18 that Gamestop would have given me.
I had like 4 games to trade in yesterday so i went to Amazon first because they tell you what you'll get right on their site and (just for an example) they were giving like $7 for GTA Vice City Stories (PSP) i ended up going to Game Stop because they have a deal going on where you get 10 extra dollars if you trade in 3 games from the current gen console or handheld. Well on top of the 10 extra i got $13 for GTA:VCS

Baylor05
04-25-2011, 04:04 PM
I don't know if there is a craigslist in the UK, but there should be some kind of internet site where people can post things they are buying/selling. Craigslist is the best of both worlds since sellers are going to get more money for their games than GameStop or other video game stores will give for trade-in value, and buyers are going to get prices that are lower than the video game stores as well.

balance13
04-25-2011, 09:54 PM
I agree GAME etc, are rip offs (also GAME needs two forms of id and a proof of address if you want cash, even if its like a 1). I trade mine in to TESCO & ASDA. Both give you store credit that can be used on anything they sell. So get your shopping in cheap, or get some DVD's or a TV etc.

Examples of my recent trade-ins:
TESCO - Lego Harry Potter 11 - Can be purchased for 12-13, and I paid 14.
ASDA - Borderlands (NON GoTY) 14, but think its now 6 - Got it for 17 a long time ago, but think that will get you the GoTY now.

Both stores are close to me so I can go to both, and compare. Also used Graingergames, but they are expensive for games and I hate being stuck with credit for a particular store (always seems that the games you want are cheaper at other stores or online).

What is TESCO and ASDA?

Also selling/trading is usually hit and miss. eBay you never know if it will sell and EB games you never know if you'll actually get anything in return.

irJessica
04-26-2011, 12:32 AM
What is TESCO and ASDA?

Google is your friend.
They're supermarkets.

Personally I've always used Cex or Game. They give me more thaa 99p for a game and I don't have to pay postage.

DragonsGoMOO
04-26-2011, 03:39 AM
Once I sold severl games, like Batman: Arkham Asylum, Left 4 Dead 1, Panda/Lego Jones combo (that's it, I think) and I was severely disappointed after a few days.

And now I have bought Left 4 Dead 1 and Batman: Arkham Asylum again. I would suggest keeping them, just in case. But if it's something you know you want gone, and won't care to think about again, do it.

Gamestop is a cheap place. I sometimes do a little shop at a flea market, 10-15 bucks, depending on conditions and how good the game is, and if it's popular or not.

Been a looooong while.

Good luck. Hope you get the most. I know I wish I did.

Flyn Dutchmn
04-27-2011, 06:11 PM
If it's a fairly new/popular game I'll try to trade it on kijiji(...craigslist is better known in the US I think) first, if not I'll trade it in at BlockBuster.

Blockbuster's pricing is usually better than Gamestop, and their used game selection is decent as well.

Opiate42
04-27-2011, 06:54 PM
What is TESCO and ASDA?

I loved the Tesco when I was in Scotland, a way better selection of chocolates that we can't even get here :woop:

I'm having the same dilemma, am going to be trading in a few games towards Portal 2 and haven't figured out the best place to go yet, cash is tight!

littlemissymoo
04-29-2011, 09:17 PM
I use game. Get store credit and then get money of a game I really want for free

Jellybean468
04-29-2011, 10:43 PM
I usually go to CEX, GAME or Gamestation. They're all very close to where I live so I just find out which one will give me the best price :)