PDA

View Full Version : To those of you with a Japanese XBOX...

NathAttack
04-25-2011, 09:06 AM
Hey guys, I'm looking to get myself a J-Box at some point in the future so I can play all of the amazing games that are released with region locking in Japan. I noticed a few people around here have mentioned that they have them.

If you have had a Jap 360 imported into your country, where did you buy it from? How was your experience with them? I'm thinking of getting mine from Play-Asia but that's only because I don't really know of anywhere else...

kgo!

rekikire
04-25-2011, 10:01 AM
I was lucky and work sent me over to Japan so I picked mine up over there. I was planning on picking it up from play-asia. I've bought stuff from them before and have had no issues with dealing with them.

spyder2g
04-25-2011, 01:05 PM
I've bought all my NTSC-J stuff from play-asia. They are a great company. One thing that I HIGHLY recommend is to spend the extra cash and have whatever you buy shipped via Fedex. It costs a lot more - the difference of 5 bucks for el cheapo and 17 bucks for Fedex for a couple of games, but with Fedex I got my stuff literally the next day. From Hong Kong to New York in one day. With the cheap method you don't get any kind of tracking info and the one time I bought a game and had it shipped that way it took a damn month and I had to go pick it up at the post office because the wouldn't deliver it.

All my knowledge of this is from Hong Kong to NY, I have no idea how much or how long it would take to get stuff to Australia. I haven't checked but they probably have MK and L4D2 for the J-box too :p.

AltruismIsDead
04-26-2011, 12:10 AM
I buy all my games from either play asia, or if by some incredible chance of luck ebay has it for cheaper (rarely) then I pick it up from there.

As for my system, my brother bought it for me for my birthday about 2-3 years ago. I know he didn't go through play-asia, and it was about $50 cheaper from the site he went to compared to play-asia, but since then I think the website closed down.

So basically now where ever you go they are roughly all the same price unless you know someone in japan that can send you one. And in all honesty just about 90% of people go with play-asia since they are really reliable.