PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else get mad about this game?

Stain of Faith
04-25-2011, 11:32 AM
I can play anything, and not get as mad as this game makes me.

Alright I admit I'm not that great, but I want to smash my controller almost every time I play it.

...but I can't stop coming back to it.

Anyone else feel like this?

Blessed Sin
04-25-2011, 05:22 PM
Nope. Not at all. I love the game. I laugh when I lose, I have genuine fun.

Plym
04-25-2011, 05:40 PM
Couple of trials make me mad but that's about it.

Blessed Sin
04-25-2011, 05:51 PM
Couple of trials make me mad but that's about it.
I gave up on trials long ago. lol. Best I could get was Hakan through 12 of them. And I got Juri and Vega through 10 each...

PyreBall
05-08-2011, 08:01 PM
Ugh, I hate the trials. I can get a few of them but unless I play SSF IV and absolutely nothing else there's no way that I'll be getting any of those achievements. Anyway, generally speaking this game doesn't make me too mad, however I've gotten a little pissed playing online a time or two.

Blessed Sin
05-09-2011, 03:18 AM
Ugh, I hate the trials. I can get a few of them but unless I play SSF IV and absolutely nothing else there's no way that I'll be getting any of those achievements. Anyway, generally speaking this game doesn't make me too mad, however I've gotten a little pissed playing online a time or two.
Yeah, I hate when people;
1) Spam the living daylights out of you
2) Quit the game partway through because they're losing
3) Accuse you of spamming for rubbish reasons. (Since I only used the punch button with Juri to pull a dodge combo, I was spamming? I did use all 3 kick buttons and pulled off every other combo of hers, only repeating if I missed...)

Oh, and then there was that bloke who refused to press the 'Ready' button because I didn't speak Spanish... He does know he could have kicked me or something... And who speaks Spanish and plays SF? On top of that, who voice-chats with random people on 'Ranked' that you'll only see once?

PyreBall
05-09-2011, 06:05 AM
Heh, I've never had the rage quitting issue as I've never gotten any of the match made players I've fought close enough to losing to piss them off. I've not been accused of spamming and have only been spammed to death once or twice. Honestly I just had to learn the hard way about tweaking the settings so that I'd only be facing guys who are my rank, because when I first started opening myself for match made games I got royally ass fucked by guys with super high ranks.

DOBOYX2
05-15-2011, 11:55 PM
Trials are the most painful thing about this game. Fighting online and losing doesnt bother me too much. I mean what fighting game doesnt piss you off? You got players who always spam with a character who has either crazy strength or a speacial move that is cheap. So this shouldnt come as a surprise when getting into a fighting game. I have played the game for pure fun and I have already gotten the 1k so I'm done until the arcade dlc comes out.

girl poison
05-16-2011, 05:00 AM
I can play anything, and not get as mad as this game makes me.

Alright I admit I'm not that great, but I want to smash my controller almost every time I play it.

...but I can't stop coming back to it.

Anyone else feel like this?

This is exactly how I feel.

..because I only ever play against my fiance, and he kicks my ass every time. I don't mind losing, but not over and over and over and over.

Squidlor
05-22-2011, 01:12 PM
This game is a little frustrating at times, but I still love it.

O Captain My Captain
05-24-2011, 04:51 PM
This game doesn't make me rage like I do in shooters (maybe because I walk into every shooter lobby confident, and for fighting games I get crazy nervous).

Spammers make me rage like there is no tomorrow. But the amount of good matches I've had, where I've lost to somebody who is better than me, have been a lot more, and that makes it more fun.

VoxSubliminal
05-26-2011, 10:35 PM
A minor gripe, and nothing about SSF4 itself, but the fact that playing any fighting game online is a second rate experience to playing in person. Even with an ideal latency of say 10ms, you're missing out on 6 frames. This hurts some games more than others, and granted for SSF4 in particular, I still find the game to be quite enjoyable. ...Unlike say, SoulCalibur IV, where spamming basic combo strings and leaving your opponent in a difficult to escape frame trap (only because of the lag) is actually a viable way to win the round, sometimes even against veteran players.

Anyway, kinda going off topic. SSF4 does decently online, and every loss I experience, I attribute to myself. And for people who hate spammers, you'd probably be a little surprised with how many top level shoto matches in tournaments consist of Hadouken "spam"...

Dazz
05-28-2011, 09:15 PM
Yep, the trials really annoy me to the point I haven't done many of them at all (I managed half of Hakan's, everyone else is far behind him so far) and trying to beat Seth on Hardest difficulty in Arcade with some characters (man Seth is so cheap, constantly manages to hit me with Zangief's piledriver and shoryukens a split second after I hit him and never lets me try to jump away when blocking does no good because he still manages to hit me anyway....almost had a heart attack out of anger fighting that guy)

Burgerslayer
06-06-2011, 06:49 PM
just be a dick and spam thousand hang slap with e hond

ShinryuReishiki
06-06-2011, 07:59 PM
Only thing that ever really got me mad was some of the trials. It was always annoying to make it all the way through the combo, only to have the Ultra be a frame or two too late.

M4XIMUM K4RN4GE
06-07-2011, 01:51 PM
If anyone is interested, I have recently got back online after a good year or so off and am only just getting into ssf4 properly. Id like to get a group of peeps together and play and hopefully teach other a few things as I know I need help :P

Gearbolt
06-08-2011, 12:38 AM
Only time I get made at this game is against the AI Seth. He's so cheap! Otherwise I have good fun playing this.

D.A.N.
06-08-2011, 02:36 AM
It's frustrating because you don't know how to play yet. Fighting games are 1v1 and the environment and way they work make the games frustrating when your mind wants you to do things that you aren't aware of being possible or how to do if you aren't aware of what your character can do.

Nanman The Great One
06-09-2011, 11:16 AM
Of course I feel this way. I've raged slammed (and destroyed) 6 controllers and 3 of them are because of SF4/SSF4. Cursing the game and promising never to ever touch it again. But for some reason I keep coming back to play it. Games do that to you. It's scary.

Oh and if anybody wants to face me in a match, my GT is BeastkingDElite. It's been a little while since I've played Super and I need to freshen up on some tactics. Just to warn I'm not very good, but I'm always up for a challenge.

Marketman316
06-17-2011, 08:28 AM
i recently broke my controller in rage due to scrubby kens lag and bullshit all coming into play in the same match. search youtube for dsp vs flowchart ken and see the kind of bollocks that made me smash things!!

however playing somebody better than you and being defeated but performing well is infinitely more satisfying, i played a 23,000 bp guile not long ago and got a gg msg afterwards which was cool :-)

PyreBall
06-26-2011, 09:39 PM
Arcade mode has been frustrating me recently. I'm working on the achievement for beating arcade mode with all the characters on medium or higher (which help with a few other achievements) and some of the AI controlled characters are incredibly frustrating. I particularly hate fighting Cody, Honda, Able, Hakan and T. Hawk when they're AI controlled. T. Hawk, Able, Honda and Hakan have these irritating special grabs that seem to have hit priority over every other move in the game, Cody spams that fucking special dashing punch move so it's impossible to set up at all, Able also spams his Wheel Kick move, and Honda's charge attacks are a pain in the ass with the way they throw you off. To make it worse I'm working on Makoto right now (I'm just going through the characters in order through the horizontal rows) and she has zero ranged ability and it seems like she's left wide open after every single regular and special move if she's just the littlest bit off with them. On the upside it'll help continue to learn the game and limitations of each character. Also, I can see why everybody uses Ken. He seems to be the easiest to use in the game. I ended up using him to get the achievement for beating arcade on medium or higher without using a continue.

Nanman The Great One
06-27-2011, 02:09 PM
Arcade mode has been frustrating me recently. I'm working on the achievement for beating arcade mode with all the characters on medium or higher (which help with a few other achievements) and some of the AI controlled characters are incredibly frustrating. I particularly hate fighting Cody, Honda, Able, Hakan and T. Hawk when they're AI controlled. T. Hawk, Able, Honda and Hakan have these irritating special grabs that seem to have hit priority over every other move in the game, Cody spams that fucking special dashing punch move so it's impossible to set up at all, Able also spams his Wheel Kick move, and Honda's charge attacks are a pain in the ass with the way they throw you off. To make it worse I'm working on Makoto right now (I'm just going through the characters in order through the horizontal rows) and she has zero ranged ability and it seems like she's left wide open after every single regular and special move if she's just the littlest bit off with them. On the upside it'll help continue to learn the game and limitations of each character. Also, I can see why everybody uses Ken. He seems to be the easiest to use in the game. I ended up using him to get the achievement for beating arcade on medium or higher without using a continue.

A tip for you, practice with Makoto big time in training mode. Officially she's listed as the worst character in the game tier wise and you have to guess right of what your opponent will do or you're pretty much screwed. Good luck though. I just have Dan and I'll be done.

Plym
06-27-2011, 06:10 PM
Officially she's listed as the worst character in the game tier wise Source? T. Hawk and Hakan are worst in the tier list.
Makoto is high in the new Arcade Edition!

PyreBall
06-27-2011, 08:44 PM
A tip for you, practice with Makoto big time in training mode. Officially she's listed as the worst character in the game tier wise and you have to guess right of what your opponent will do or you're pretty much screwed. Good luck though. I just have Dan and I'll be done.

That explains a lot. Makoto is certainly not going to be a character I'll use unless I want even the field when playing against a new player or something.

Source? T. Hawk and Hakan are worst in the tier list.
How is Hawk low tier? His special grapples and strikes are really powerful and his Condor specials have him zipping around everywhere through the air. Hakan I could see, though. He has a ton of irritating special grapples but generally he's pretty slow and doesn't have amazing hit priority outside of the aforementioned grapples.

Nanman The Great One
06-28-2011, 01:39 PM
Source? T. Hawk and Hakan are worst in the tier list.

Exactly. That's the Arcade Edition. I'm talking about the original SSF4. She's the lowest tier in the original, but she got buffs in AE.

My source? Shoryuken.com

Plym
06-28-2011, 03:06 PM
How is Hawk low tier? His special grapples and strikes are really powerful and his Condor specials have him zipping around everywhere through the air. Hakan I could see, though. He has a ton of irritating special grapples but generally he's pretty slow and doesn't have amazing hit priority outside of the aforementioned grapples. No idea, I don't really pay that much attention to them.

PyreBall
06-28-2011, 09:38 PM
Me either, I'm just going on experience of how tough they are to beat when they're AI controlled.

Blaze Ninja
07-12-2011, 01:19 PM
I get pissed off very little but the online does piss me off slightly

R0B
07-22-2011, 08:31 AM
I think its the mind games that send people over the edge. This, and the fact that most people THINK they are better than they REALLY are...

PyreBall
07-23-2011, 06:07 AM
I think its the mind games that send people over the edge. This, and the fact that most people THINK they are better than they REALLY are...

Part of being good is think that you're good, or at least that you can be good.