PDA

View Full Version : New 360 Gamer

gamerpsp360
07-01-2007, 03:53 PM
I just got a 360 and it should come in the mail on Thursday so I was wondering what would be a good game to rent (not buy)? I just spent all my money on the 360 so I don't have enough to get anything such as Xbox Live Gold or games. I just was wondering. Right now I'm thinking of Rainbow Six Vegas, Gears, or Splinter Cell. What are your suggestions?

Shaaady Souljah
07-01-2007, 04:23 PM
first off, welcome to the site. you can post a little about yourself in the Member Profile section if ya want...

if you are renting a game for fun and overall best game, then yeah, you have 3 pretty good choices right there if ya ask me. but there are a ton of newer games that have come out recently that would be fun as well...

if you are renting for achievement points, then its a whole other discussion. ;) but you can just search around and you will find easy achievement games...

gamerpsp360
07-01-2007, 04:25 PM
Thanks I was thinking of getting Splinter Cell just because I love it and because it's a long game.

xVanished
07-01-2007, 04:29 PM
If you like RPG'S I would suggest Oblivion. Since you do not have Xbox Live.. The games you rented are good.. But lack alot due to them being all multiplayer based. But if your looking for a good long GREAT RPG, try Oblivion.

And yeah, Welcome to the forum :)

Shaaady Souljah
07-01-2007, 04:29 PM
Thanks I was thinking of getting Splinter Cell just because I love it and because it's a long game.

well, i would recommend looking into buying it then. its been out for awhile, and you can find it new for around $30 or so. or you can find it used for even less... i just bought it a few weeks ago slightly used for $15. it is definitely long enough and has enough content to warrant a purchase.

and then you could rent a newer title instead...

gamerpsp360
07-01-2007, 04:48 PM
If you like RPG'S I would suggest Oblivion. Since you do not have Xbox Live.. The games you rented are good.. But lack alot due to them being all multiplayer based. But if your looking for a good long GREAT RPG, try Oblivion.

And yeah, Welcome to the forum :)

Where did you get that gamertag in your sig? I'm looking all over for them and I can't find them.

angry
07-01-2007, 05:04 PM
Ref games like everybody has said if it was me i would go out and buy SCDA, although R6V is good also GOW and Oblivion. ;)

Bax x360a
07-02-2007, 12:18 PM
No doubt about it mate, if you dont have any games for your 360, Gears of War is a must have in your collection!! amazing game mate youve got to experience it

Deftone2k6 Uk
07-02-2007, 12:41 PM
I agree with the others rent the games and see which ones you like best and then save up for um then maybe sort XBL gold out later on ;)

gamerpsp360
07-02-2007, 02:05 PM
Thanks everyone! It should come anytime now so now I'm just waiting.

Gorjira
07-02-2007, 03:38 PM
I only got my 360 a easter...Only got 2 games xD Gears and GH2...Im waiting till xmas to get halo 3, fable 2, AC, dark messiah.....er...probably more will come.

welcome to the forums...yeah...im a n00b hear to x]

Tussell
07-02-2007, 06:16 PM
I just got a 360 and it should come in the mail on Thursday so I was wondering what would be a good game to rent (not buy)? I just spent all my money on the 360 so I don't have enough to get anything such as Xbox Live Gold or games. I just was wondering. Right now I'm thinking of Rainbow Six Vegas, Gears, or Splinter Cell. What are your suggestions?

I don't know if t his has been said, due to lack of energy to read all the posts in the thread, but the Splinter Cell's multiplayer is nothing like anything in the series. It has totally been butchered. Just an FYI. But the single player is pretty fuckin' good.

The other games I would definately say yes to only because they're what I guess you would call legendary... I mean when I think 360 I think of Gears, Vegas, and Condemned... So yeah.

Condemned is an amazing game, I'd give that a check out.

ilski
07-02-2007, 07:03 PM
Splinter Cell : DA is a pale shadow of what the series once was. It's also short. Since you don't have Live here are my suggestions.

Hitman - some of the most fun I've had on a single player 360 game. Imminently re-playable.
Call of Duty 2 - Great campaign and a good challenge on Veteran.
Oblivion - You can get lost in this game. Metaphorically. And literally...
Condemned - Fun game. Play it with the lights off and in surround sound. Then again, all games should be played like this.