PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever got a negative review for something wrong you didnt even do?

frenzy2585
04-25-2011, 11:20 PM
It just happened to me right now and i gotta say im quite frustrated.:mad: The guy's GT is Phoenix Mist and accused me of blowing up the hog on a halo reach firefight game on the unhearthed map which i absolutely did not do! (Is it even possible to blow up the hog with the gravity hammer anyway?) Does this kind of crap ever happened to any of you? Just asking.

ghostxface
04-25-2011, 11:25 PM
It is possible to blow up the warthog with the Gravity Hammer. If you melee it enough it will blow up, so yeah, Gravity Hammer does the trick.

I was actually going to come in here and say the same thing. I was playing FireFight on Beachhead, it was Fist Fight. My friend I was playing with blew up the Warthog because a random person got into the driver's seat, and he wanted to drive me.

Immature, yes, I agree. But apparently they thought it was me, so when I got in the Ghost, they blew it up, when I got in the Mongoose, they blew it up, when I got in the Warthog next round, they blew it up. So I left the party I was in to ask them to stop and they just kept saying I was the one to blow up the first Warthog. How I managed that when I was in the Gunner seat, I'll never know.

I get it on Gears, too. I'll tell people to stop stealing my kills and they'll just retort with, "you took, like, three of mine!!!1111!!" Which isn't true. Because I rarely take kills on Gears.

KeepEmRolling
04-25-2011, 11:47 PM
The only negative feed back I've ever received was from an opposing squad in Chromehounds, for cheating. They gave a negative feedback to every member of the squad as well as messages to a couple of us. Yes, we destroyed them but we didn't cheat. I was upset briefly because it was something that we didn't deserve.

Worhammer
04-25-2011, 11:51 PM
Happens all the time. You're better than them? Either you cheated (if they're on the opposite team) or you stole their kills (same teams)

Part of life on the internet. Get used to it. :P

crazy W01f 816
04-25-2011, 11:52 PM
What does it matter? The whole negative, positive review system is useless.

rekikire
04-26-2011, 04:02 AM
yes because people are douchebags when they can be anonymous. There are no repercussions for them to give you a negative review, so some people do it just to be nasty.

CyanideSpirit
04-26-2011, 08:18 AM
Just don't worry about it, he's a loser for taking Halo too seriously.

Mr Bungle
04-26-2011, 08:41 AM
You get immature people in Halo. So it doesn't surprise me. The whole review/feedback system is a little broken anyways. A friend of mine didn't have any feedback until someone gave him negative feedback during a game of Modern Warfare 2 - and he went from 3 stars to 5 stars from that one NEGATIVE feedback.

Cube623
04-26-2011, 10:02 AM
I would take no notice in any ratings, they mean nothing in reality. Unfortunately people who are sore losers will just give you a negative rating if you beat them, I'd say nearly all of my negative ratings have been as a result of this.

Plus you may have been unlucky and it could have been a case of mistaken identity in your case in any case I'd ignore them ;)

chr!s
04-26-2011, 10:36 AM
bioshock 2 mp, people swearing on my team, some kid gives me trash talk -rep even though I have no mic.

I get positive rep from racing/arcade/sports games and negative rep from (immature/underage) kids on shooting games, mainly halo reach.

edit: got neg rep (teamkilling) for shooting someone's car in a "GTA race" on GTA4, which you would have thought is the whole point in GTA. As the rep system is pretty much pointless I have never left anyone rep but it's interesting to see how people develop a strong opinion of you in a short space of time after playing with you online.

irJessica
04-26-2011, 11:20 AM
I've been avoided by 27% of players.
I don't actually know why...

I think people just like to go through and avoid people who did better than them.
Not that I have a big ego...

Deadly Moves
04-26-2011, 12:18 PM
I dont have much bad feedback, bcos i tend to keep myself to myself, and dont often get into online arguements.. But when i 1st got my xbox i mainly played Rainbow 5 Vegas online with my work mates. we got a good strategy down and very rarely lost. So quite often the guys on the other team were sore losers and would talk shit at the end of the match. One or two of my mates would trash talk em back. Obviously they decided bcos 1 or 2 of our team were talking back and taking the piss they'd give the whole team bad feedback. Thats where most of my bad feedback came from.

DJConnelly
04-26-2011, 01:54 PM
I think I'm around 80% avoided. I don't even do game chat. Damn my trash talking and general anti-social behaviour.

RwHu
04-26-2011, 02:12 PM
Just one of the things that happens on the internet. I don't really care about it much anymore because so many people just do it to do it now.

skaghead
04-26-2011, 06:00 PM
60% liked and 40% avoid - only positive is no complaints about quitting early.Funny to have complaints about trash talking/disruptive comms when i never use the mic. I used to pride myself on 100% liked , then i realised its all a load of nonsense and people abuse the system

Adas life
04-26-2011, 06:26 PM
I've been wrongly accused before, I was upset at first until I realized that the whole rep situation reminds me of a young kid in time out at school. When he asks the teacher why he's there she just tells him that "he knows what he's done." If you can't see why someone has bad rep then it doesn't really bother me that a couple of kids got their panties in a wad.

ToPoleaDK
04-26-2011, 10:34 PM
Um worst thing thats happened to me was I got put as avoided because my mic was broken =/

SpiralGamerpro
04-27-2011, 01:10 AM
It just happened to me right now and i gotta say im quite frustrated.:mad: The guy's GT is Phoenix Mist and accused me of blowing up the hog on a halo reach firefight game on the unhearthed map which i absolutely did not do! (Is it even possible to blow up the hog with the gravity hammer anyway?) Does this kind of crap ever happened to any of you? Just asking.
Yes. A lot of idiots playing Grifball don't realize that 95% of betrayals are accidental.

Robert999220
04-27-2011, 02:47 AM
i got alot of "Unsporting" feed back from the gears 1 days trying to earn my seriously achievement. i call it the "im too good" feedback... apparently getting 30-40 kills a game is unsporting.

ToPoleaDK
04-27-2011, 02:55 AM
i got alot of "Unsporting" feed back from the gears 1 days trying to earn my seriously achievement. i call it the "im too good" feedback... apparently getting 30-40 kills a game is unsporting.

LOL IT IS! In the holy cow sorta way...

ReaptheChaos
04-27-2011, 12:06 PM
I seldom play online much, I try to stick with co-op with friends when I do. I was with a group a couple of weeks ago and we were trying to boost some ranked achievements but we couldn’t get together in the same match. Then they suggest we start avoiding anyone we get in with to raise our chances of getting in together.

I just shook my head. I know the reputation system is pointless, but I couldn’t keep a clear conscience if I were to give someone a bad rating simply because I was trying to boost a lousy 20 point achievement.

Spanish Assault
04-27-2011, 12:36 PM
Honestly who cares...only you can see the negative reviews. Not sure this is worth a discussion, but to each his own.

Defoe
04-27-2011, 01:29 PM
Yea, I have been in a black ops team deathmatch for 5 mins and I killed the same guy 5 times. Then I got my -ve rep for the first time.

niko da bos
04-27-2011, 02:25 PM
I think I'm around 80% avoided. I don't even do game chat. Damn my trash talking and general anti-social behaviour.

^^lol mine is really high % avoided also, and the trash talking is rediculously high. im pretty sure nobody really cares about this stat, because i cant remember ever seeing a gamertag preferred more than avoided (atleast tags that have been around for a while anyway)

* i have had alot of people blow up the hog in FF when im in it, they pretty much just rage because you are taking all the kills. if you cant get good teamates in FF, when all you are doing is killing aliens together, then thats pretty sad.

golgotha
04-27-2011, 07:00 PM
I killed one of my one team in hardcore and it was a accedent (bad typing I know) it can happen to everybody!

Opiate42
04-27-2011, 07:07 PM
* i have had alot of people blow up the hog in FF when im in it, they pretty much just rage because you are taking all the kills. if you cant get good teamates in FF, when all you are doing is killing aliens together, then thats pretty sad.

LOL true too many whiners out there. "You took my rocket launcher you F-n *insert biased racist immature homophobic inappropriate comments here*!!!"

TEAM games, what's a "team"?

That's why I generally stick with my usual squad of guys. If they're not on, I play single player games for the most part.

DucknahEireann
04-27-2011, 10:21 PM
One night when i was playing Black Ops i had this hardcore group of British guys who where really against Irish people especially cause im from Belfast. We had a full blown argument about the politics and geography of Ireland for about 3 or 4 games before they left. I personally find having arguments productive and healthy. I didnt submit any reports but the next day when i looked at minei had got negative reviews from them. I was fucking raging. :mad:

ViRaLuNdEaD
04-27-2011, 11:03 PM
My only negative review came from a game of Left 4 Dead. I was playing VS and one of my team members kept attacking me and killing me, so I asked him what his issue was and he reported me for being unsporting.

Andarion
04-28-2011, 02:01 PM
i got negative feedback for leaving a game before it was over, regardless of the fact i have yet to do that. i imagine the closest would be leaving a lobby in harm's way before the game actually started. /shrug

Skooba Stevos
05-06-2011, 01:33 AM
I used to get fair amounts of negative feedback in GoW1. But trash talk was the thing to do back then, and you got as much as you gave. Ahh, the good days...

mjc0961
05-06-2011, 02:19 AM
The only negative feed back I've ever received was from an opposing squad in Chromehounds, for cheating. They gave a negative feedback to every member of the squad as well as messages to a couple of us. Yes, we destroyed them but we didn't cheat. I was upset briefly because it was something that we didn't deserve.
Give them negative feedback right back. That's what I would do, especially if they were sending messages calling me a cheater. It is, after all, the "I want to avoid this player" feature, and I certainly wouldn't want to play with people who sucked at the game AND were extremely poor sports about losing.

Hell, you can just use the option that says they aren't good at the game if you don't want to be spiteful. Then they don't get the feedback hit, but you still don't have to play against them again.

RedBlinky
05-06-2011, 02:34 AM
I once had a guy who was leader of a chromehounds squad I was in. After a match he got a bad feedback and completely snapped. Hes cursing and yelling and we're just trying to calm him down of course he turned on us and booted everyone from the squad. Some people just get real upset about these little things.

Corrupt.
05-06-2011, 02:51 AM
I agree, happens all the time. Prove furthermore that the world is full of immature people who can't take a beating...

TAI JASON
05-06-2011, 07:22 AM
I got aggressive to 42%. Why? Good gaming...

Quit stands at 34%. Why? Gears of War 1 crashed down and was laggy in the beginning and i got many reputations because of all this crap.

Seraph Xii
05-06-2011, 12:50 PM
The better question would be "have you ever not received negative feedback for something you didn't do?"

Because all I ever seem to get is ridiculous feedback. about 1/3 of all my neg is due to trash talking lol, I never play online with a mic.

ZedChuva
05-07-2011, 01:41 PM
Nope. I've gotten negative reps for shit I did do. But more so, I haven't gotten neg rep for shit I DID do. LOL! :p

Apparently when playing L4D, if you're a runner, people call that "poor team play". Really? I don't see it like that. You're playing a game with me and my buddy (joined our game), we run, you take your sweet ass time. If anything YOU are the poor team player. Quit checking empty closets, that we all know contain nothing, and fucking get in the safe room already! :woop: (this is towards long time players, not newbs)

It's the ONLY game I play online, and even then, just when me and my buddy wanna speed run without bots. Half the time, the bots are better than people, cause when we out run them, they warp to the safe room.

Rep system is funny. My buddy was griefing this one person hard... in a funny way, nothing mean, even tho it's just a game, and how can you be mean in a game... anywho, she neg rep'd me, and added him as a friend. LOL! Must be a sadist or something. :ass

Jakez123
05-07-2011, 01:53 PM
well lets see for communication i have 10% trash talk, this could possibly be true, but i spend most time in party chat so whatever. 2% language and 3% disruptive, well that seems okay.

Behaviour - 9% aggressive, 29% unsporting and 16% quit early. i agree with the quiting percentage but the others i doubt.

Overall 25% of people preferred me and 75% avoided.

To answer your question Yes because im not unsporting nor aggressive

HuMuRoUs
05-07-2011, 06:18 PM
Playing zombies with 3 other randoms online, they all got downed and i couldn't get to them because i had a horde, i was using the Hand gun/Pistol you get from the mystery box, then black one not silver, and the guys were screaming at me down the mic saying they are giving me bad reviews for using a pistol... sure enough they did. Sad, sad people :mad:

Elit3 m0nkey
05-07-2011, 06:59 PM
Was playing Action Sack in Halo 3 with some friends one time. I don't remember the gametype but our only weapons were Energy Swords. Anyways, I was having this one vs one fight with some guy and as I was coming in for a swing, a teammate got in front of me as I started the lung, My teammate got the kill, but because he was in front of me I killed him (by accident). He then booted me and called me a team killer.

Elit3 m0nkey
05-07-2011, 07:03 PM
Quit stands at 34%. Why? Gears of War 1 crashed down and was laggy in the beginning and i got many reputations because of all this crap.

Happened to me in Halo 3. For a bit, my connection was real shitty. So when games got laggy to the point I couldn't play, or would kick me, I'd get negative reviews for quitting early.

One thing I would like to see is where if you leave the match, the game would tell you why, just like in PC games. Don't know how much it would help, but it would be at least nice to know why someone left the match.

Cechs Hat
05-07-2011, 07:06 PM
People used to do it all the time on Bomberman Live back in the day

JAYSTAMX
05-07-2011, 07:22 PM
All the time, just learn to ignore it and move on! Always the best outcome.

WipeoutBoy1
05-08-2011, 02:11 PM
Most of my bad reviews are "Unsporting" because I didn't realise I was stealing there vehicles and weapons in the game. Normally its my team thats doing it screaming at me saying You took my (weapon/vehicle) you inappropriate comments here.

Dragoner28
05-08-2011, 08:38 PM
Iīve got some "unsporting" rep in Soul Calibur 4. Itīs a shame. I got it because i had a winning streak (ranked matchs) one day with many perfects often against the same persons. But most of them were really bad losers. One for example was an american kid who lost 5 or 6 times in a row against my Mitsurugi and after the second lose he began flaming me everytime he got me (random matchmaking) with his microphone.
But i am unsporting. How Ironic...

Daunting Lady
05-08-2011, 11:23 PM
The better question would be "have you ever not received negative feedback for something you didn't do?"

Because all I ever seem to get is ridiculous feedback. about 1/3 of all my neg is due to trash talking lol, I never play online with a mic.

Same here, I only use a mic when playing online with my friends. Yet I have a little bad rep for language. :confused:

taylorxxx
05-09-2011, 12:57 AM
Same here, I only use a mic when playing online with my friends. Yet I have a little bad rep for language. :confused:

story of my gaming experience right here. almost 50% have avoided me, a good portion for bad language or unsporting behavior, but i RARELY use my mic and i don't even know how to cheat in 99% of the games i play online.

ash356
05-09-2011, 09:24 PM
I know that on Halo 3, I once got negative feedback just because I had an amazing game... was the dumbest thing ever.
OR on Creed brotherhood, everyone on my team started having a pop at me for choosing the 'priest' or something, when I wasn't even team leader. SOOOO annoying. :uzi:

Burning Revolver
05-10-2011, 06:22 AM
Yeah, I've a bunch of negative reps for unsporting play (I guess it's not considered sporting to beat your opponent in an online game), some for quitting early, when I do not quit in the middle of games, except for a couple of instances where it couldn't be helped, and I've received negative rep for trash talking when I don't use a mic or send random messages to taunt an opponent at all.

Let's face it, the rep system is flawed and mainly seen as a way for people to complain when they get salty over losing an online game.

mjc0961
05-10-2011, 06:38 AM
Just for fun, I checked my rep. I was quite surprised to see this:

85% preferred or did not submit a review

15% avoided me, but I have 0% in all six of the categories shown. So I guess people either thought I was too good at the game, not good enough at the game, or didn't understand the game.

So, yeah. I'm surprised that that actually seems really fair. Certainly better than getting marked for trash talk or something I don't do just because I either kicked some guy's ass or got my ass kicked.

Farklefreak5
05-10-2011, 07:39 AM
Semi-related question. How do I check my feedback via Xbox.com?

Jimbo76
05-10-2011, 10:41 AM
Yeah a couple of times. once for swearing when I dont even use a headset. and another time for being unsporting for beating someone on Virtua Tennis.:uzi:

zippy100012
05-11-2011, 08:04 AM
i get negative rep for trash talking... i cannot deny this.

Kaz
05-11-2011, 08:10 AM
All of mine are for leaving early.

If I wanted to play with a bunch of idiots, I would be at work getting paid. :uzi:

Stonzy
05-11-2011, 12:01 PM
I got one once when I dropped the controller which ended in me shooting a teammate in the back of the head... my bad.

LONExWOLFx11769
05-13-2011, 07:11 PM
yea i got 37% preferred and i think 68% avoided all becuase COD 4 rpg spawn S&D cuz it always happened to me

LONExWOLFx11769
05-13-2011, 07:13 PM
I got one once when I dropped the controller which ended in me shooting a teammate in the back of the head... my bad.
lol thats awesome wish i could say that you + :uzi:+team=:mad:

Crimson Ridley
05-13-2011, 07:25 PM
Yep, Guitar Hero 3.

When I used to play online, while going for 500 wins, I kicked the ass of every person I played against. I was accused of being a bot, a fag, fat, low life, etc. and almost every one gave me bad rep. Oddly, the majority went for "Quit Early" as the reason, which was ironic as a lot of them quit on me. Some went for "Bad Language" too. No mic either at that point, mind you.

GhostFalcon3
05-13-2011, 09:07 PM
I agree, happens all the time. Prove furthermore that the world is full of immature people who can't take a beating...

Pretty much this, happens quite a lot when I beat someone.

SwizzlesMum
05-17-2011, 02:07 AM
Ive never checked to see if i have received a negative review and couldnt care less if i did. I dont act in anyway that should anyway. Im one of those crazy mature people that rarely show themselves on gaming networks ;)

Kairi
05-17-2011, 02:40 AM
I have 4% avoided me and for the reason it said was that I quitted early which I have never done O_o

Starstrukk X360A
05-17-2011, 03:43 AM
Just for trash talking and disrupting the game.

Which is weird because 99% of the time I never use my mic when playing randoms, and when I do use my mic it's when I'm in a party with people I actually know.

Mister Spraggsy
05-17-2011, 09:55 AM
I get it a lot on Gears of War 2, not trying to sound big headed but me and my team win a lot of our matches and the number of times we recieve messages saying we are cheaters or we bridge host. Or we just get negative feedback because we like and no how to use the Lancer against people that think the Gnasher is the only weapon that should be used.

ginge88isfun
05-17-2011, 12:46 PM
I've been avoided by 27% of players.
I don't actually know why...

I think people just like to go through and avoid people who did better than them.
Not that I have a big ego...

I think i'm along the same lines, some people are just sore losers or just complete assholes.

QuickFixXx
05-24-2011, 04:56 PM
yep has happened to me, your never gonna please everyone, just gotta take it with a grain of salt

niko da bos
05-24-2011, 05:18 PM

One thing I would like to see is where if you leave the match, the game would tell you why, just like in PC games. Don't know how much it would help, but it would be at least nice to know why someone left the match.

thats actually a great idea and i forgot pc games do that. i used to game on my computer alot and that feature helps filter the banlist so you know exactly why they left the game.

"xXXXXx" has voluntarily left the game
"xXXXxx" was disconnected from the session

Tiny Zombie
05-24-2011, 05:55 PM
My trash talk and unsporting is pretty high, even though I play fair and hardly ever speak in any kind of matchmaking.

GrimSovereignty
05-24-2011, 11:59 PM
Yeah its happened to me...someone gave me an unsportsmanlike conduct(trash talking) which amused me because I rarely get out of party chat and when I do I don't waste my time arguing with people

veece16
05-25-2011, 12:12 AM
I only seem to earn bad rep by doing well on a game. People can't stand if they lose and they think the rep system works.

Coorhagon
05-29-2011, 11:39 PM
How do you know when you get feedback? Is there a website that lists it? Or do you find in on xbox live?

Foxxy kyle
05-30-2011, 12:11 AM
Just tell him to shutup and mute him an its all good. Never happened to me though on a video game at least.

Silvanost
05-30-2011, 12:14 AM
I got banned for a week from X box Live. I had no swear words, no advertisements, or anything to abuse the ToS. Some people just hate you when you whomp on them.

fatalcthulhu666
05-30-2011, 10:49 AM
Several times :\

BranFlakes543
06-01-2011, 09:04 PM
I get "unsporting conduct" for being good at a game as well as being file complaint on "cheating" because I was accused of being a "cheater". It's quite ridiculous, but hilarious to receive bad review for being "too good" at something. As every one says, haters gonna hate :D

Preykousis
06-01-2011, 09:45 PM
One game really ruined my rep from back in the day. Saints Row. People would bad rep you just for beating them. Idiots lol

12floz355ml
06-02-2011, 06:20 AM
I've gotten negative feedback on several occasions for things that I didn't do. I don't allow them to bother me unless serious action was taken upon me like a suspension or ban.

Our Mighty Lord
06-02-2011, 01:40 PM
88% Avoided me, guess spawn trapping on black ops is frowned upon lol, I kind of agree it is kind of unsporting, not sure if it warrants 42% though. Also got 28% on quit early, only time i quit is when i dashboard if the host is giving me a 1bar connection.

Really not bothered by it though lol

Casyle
08-19-2011, 06:18 AM
I'm at 86% Preferred, 14% avoided w/ 50% Aggressive and 25% Trash Talking.

When I logged off last night I was 92% preferred, 8% avoided and 0% Trash Talking so I'm 99% sure I know when it happened, and I'm 100% sure it was some immature player negging the entire party.

I rarely trash talk. About the only way to get me to trash talk is to really tick me off with arse-holish behavior, and even then all I'll do is a make a comment. I accepted a party invite and got into a group full of tea-baggers, so I have no doubt I got negged for their behavior.

Haptism
08-19-2011, 06:31 AM
Unfortunately yes.
I'd won a few UNO games and people avoided me just for winning, that's annoying. The reason? "Quitting early"... I mean, I never quit games and how should it be possible to win a game when you quit before it is over?

MxPx
08-19-2011, 06:34 AM
I used to get accused of cheating/hacking all the time, back in my COD3 days, because I was epically sick at the game.

I'd go 180-10 on the regular, while other people would struggle to get more than 40 kills.

I was at 97% avoided at one point.

otaking live
08-19-2011, 03:59 PM
I've played online alot and came out relatively unscathed. I've had times when I thought for sure I would get a negative review and didn't. Pretty much all my negatives I'm not sure why I got them. However I ask all my friends to give me positives so my prefer is pretty high.

Matt C Bosten
08-19-2011, 04:20 PM
Got some for leaving early (Think it's happened on one occasion because my internet is useless) which is fair enough and some for being 'unsporting' which I guess comes from playing PES online where if you have the nerve to beat anyone by 3 goals+ you're getting negative feedback.

RufftyMan
08-19-2011, 09:18 PM
I'm pretty sure everyone has got a negative review regardless of them doing something or not. It's a system which is useless, and is abused by sore losers most of the time.

I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

13ip0lar
08-19-2011, 09:22 PM
90% of people avoid me and they do so for BS reasons like trash talk. I rarely, if ever, have my mic plugged in. Fact is kids get rolled, they get mad, and don't ever wanna play with me again. I can live with that...

DarkReign2021
08-19-2011, 10:28 PM
Back in my Halo 3 Achievement hunting days, I ended up getting a lot of negative reports for being unsporting and quitting early (I don't get the unsporting part except maybe when I would hide and wait for weapons or vehicles to respawn.)

Other than that, I have an assload of people that have reported me for Trash Talking, which is odd because I've NEVER used a mic except in party chats with friends.

MxPx
08-19-2011, 10:40 PM
Whenever I give someone a bad review, I say they're "system tampering". :D

MediumMelanin
08-19-2011, 10:58 PM
Yes, I hate when they blame me that I was shooting at something, when CLEARLY someone else did it, my negative is higher than the positive. Well, I guess most people have more negative than positive, what an useless system. Who even uses it?

otaking live
08-19-2011, 11:30 PM
I still laugh cuz in my halo days all I did was talk trash and I have a 0 in it.

stranger35
08-20-2011, 12:14 AM
I'm 68% avoided. Unsporting conduct? I never team killed, I just anger them enough that they team kill me :p

T0b3
08-20-2011, 12:42 AM
I've had 78% - 22%
Then I began to play CoD.
Now I have 58% - 42%.
Fucking kiddies.
Microsoft should get rid of that stupid rep system anyway..

hydrosugar
08-20-2011, 03:27 AM
the only two things that show up on my negative rep are '20% communication' and '20% quit early'. Since i don't use a mic and hate people that quit early i would suspect so. :p

ooo0ooooooo0ooo
09-07-2011, 06:13 AM
Happens all the time. I can be playing respectfully and stuff like i always do, and as soon as my team or i start winning by a significant amount, in comes the trash talk and complaints of cheating, glitching, etc..

DannyAwesome
09-07-2011, 07:20 AM
Yes. I can understand what the person was thinking because of what happened-

I was playing Yugioh Decade Duels online and I was pretty much going to lose when my friend started messing with my xbox. I said what the hell man (I was on mic) and then he hit accidentally turned off the xbox. The person I was playing with apparently gave me a lower rep for leaving the game early. It kinda pissed me off and then I realized what they thought so I forgave whoever it was because I probly would have done the same. Oh well.

A Scary Demon
09-07-2011, 07:28 AM
I get bad rep when i play halo 3 and get paired with american team mates because they dont relize im lagging but most of the time i have a better kdr then them and i get bad rep because apparently i let the team down? and then on black ops apparently im a cheater for using the gun that i want and doing very well.
most negative feedback is from quit early and being aggressive apparently talking in a party must be aggressive and means i quit early.

AmbaLaBamba
09-07-2011, 01:38 PM
Yes, when I first started playing the Xbox I was playing Left 4 Dead and I didn't quite understand what I was doing/meant to do/how to do it etc. Managed to get some negative feedback because I was new, people just need to give others a chance first to see what they can do before actually using negative feedback.

I think I've got some more since then, but I don't mouth-off, play games incorrectly or any of that jazz. I just think it's kids/adults who can't take the pain of losing on COD. :p

GENWAKU
09-07-2011, 03:20 PM
People really abuse the player review/feedback system. I'm at 83% positive and only 17% negative and I don't even play online with strangers that often.

I mainly have negative feedback for quitting early because when I was hosting a chapter 7 run of Harmony of Despair, my game crashed at the end and I had to switch everything off. Got bad rep from everyone because they missed out on their loot for that run. Understandable, but it wasn't entirely my fault and it was the first time I'd ever been given bad rep and I felt terrible about it. :( /oversensitive.

I have some for being unsporting. In a game of Bloody Good Time the other night, I was playing hunt with a party of friends and a small number of strangers. My friends kept commenting that two of these strangers were killing them for no reason. If you've never played the game, you're assigned a quarry and that is who you're supposed to kill for that round, not other innocent players. They repeatedly ran around the map killing everyone they could and my friends were getting frustrated with them because it prevented them from enjoying the game. So because I was the host I sent them both a polite message (kicking isn't possible in Bloody Good Time). Something like:

"I don't mean to be rude, but this is hunt not deathmatch, you're not supposed to kill everyone you see. Kindly refrain from doing so."

I even said I'd change the next round to deathmatch if that's what they wanted to play, but both of them left afterwards and when I checked my rep later on I had two for unsporting. That's what I get for playing the game properly. :p

Akuza
09-07-2011, 03:50 PM
Sore losers tend to put bad feedback in...

I have like 65% trash talking .. Even though I don't wear my mic.. Lol

It's all rep system related.. Pointless really!