PDA

View Full Version : Losing points when recovering my account.

Kanos125
04-26-2011, 04:12 AM
So I was playing assassins creed and I played about 3/4 of the game and earning many side achievements along the way. However when I visited my brother's place and recovered my account, then went home and recovered my account I had lost the points though not the game save. my xbox was always online so it wasn't an offline issue. Does anyone have any suggestions to what I should do?

Chaosx721
04-26-2011, 04:37 AM
Nothing really you can do but play the game again and get the achievements that you lost.

DragonsGoMOO
04-26-2011, 04:49 AM
That sucks so much.
Especially if you got the flags and templars achievements.

I understand how it feels. I am also playing Assassin's Creed and trying to 100% the achievements. I only have 5 left, 4 flags, and one templar.

I'm sorry to hear that.
I can't think of what could have caused that. Hopefully you get them back easy.

Maybe try recovering one more time?

rekikire
04-26-2011, 07:59 AM
Don't recover your gamertag unless every achievement you've earned has been synched to xbox live. When you recover you copy down what xbox live thinks you have.

If you are going to a friends place get a USB key and stick it in your xbox, move your gamertag to the usb stick and take that with you. Much quicker than recovering your tag when you have lots of played games. And much much safer.

What you probably will have to do is clear your system cache and start a new game. Some games store counters for things like number of kills and collectibles outside your save game. Clearing the system cache will reset these counters also.

Kanos125
04-30-2011, 01:21 AM
So I can't email microsoft or anything? This is a major pain in the A**.

rekikire
04-30-2011, 05:48 AM
Nope, you can't email microsoft or anything, you made the mistake by recovering your gamertag when you hadn't updated to live.