PDA

View Full Version : Whose leg do I have to hump to get a Gold medal?

KRS
04-27-2011, 01:52 PM
It is ridiculous that the medals are so closely tied to experience points.

Last night I played in four Texas Heat sessions. I got first place at the triple diamond table twice, both times with a big chip lead (one of which was a factor of 3X between me and second place).

But freaking experience poits are holding me back, as I got under 15k experience both times and ended up with silver medals.

Very frustrating. Winning first place at the top table should give a gold medal, regardless of experience. Everyone plays differently, and it is stupid to award gold that way. Might as well say "You just won the final table at the WSOP, here is your second place bracelet."

Any tips?

DanielH
04-27-2011, 05:46 PM
i've got GOLD Medal.
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1813/UP3Szas=.jpg

How: Do You See RANKED AT Between 1,000s and 2,000s, out of thousand of players, well that goes Toward you XP.

Last Texas Heat Game, i RANKED AT 583 out of 3,000 or 4,000 players, got GOLD AT 17,000 had 15,000 plus XP when texas heat ended it added the RANKED 583 to 15,000 XP i had

Dealt In - Varies (You will get XP just for being dealt in)
Showdown Winner - 100XP (Winning the showdown)
Got Out Free - 250XP (Did not put any money in the pot; folded early *can not get if you are the one of the blinds)
Smart Fold - 500XP (Folding on a hand you would have lost, if it is revealed that you would have lost if you stayed in)
Winning Spree - 500XP (Win 2 or more games
All-In to Win - 250XP (Simply win a hand after going all-in)
Witness to Fame - 100XP (Earned in Texas Heat only)
Pushed Harder - 150XP (Keep raising the bet until the other person folds)

Dealt in - 50xp (Seen it at 75/100/125/150/250xp in ranked MP)
Schooled - 100xp
Showdown winner - 100xp
Takedown - 150xp
Takedown Spree - 500xp
All in to win - 250xp
Winning streak - 500xp
River captain - 500xp
Smart fold - 500xp
Got out Free - 250xp
Bad beat - Unknown
Lucky escape - Unknown
Witness to Fame - 100xp (If you have more friends playing the game this will appear more often)
(xp based on ranked matches)

KRS
04-27-2011, 06:31 PM
Thanks - I guess I will have to adjust how I play next time and hopefully the dealt in and smart fold exp add up.

So theoretically, you could win gold from having a lot of EXP but not even be the chip leader at your table, yeah?

bigbear2face
04-27-2011, 07:20 PM
Thanks - I guess I will have to adjust how I play next time and hopefully the dealt in and smart fold exp add up.

So theoretically, you could win gold from having a lot of EXP but not even be the chip leader at your table, yeah?

Absolutely.

I played again last night for the first time since they fixed the medals (last time I had played was back when you actually didn't get the medals you earned which was very frustrating since I had 15K or more XP pretty much every round) and I was incredibly frustrated by the slow play of the other humans at my table. If those idiots didn't take EVERY SECOND of the time they had we could have gotten in 40% more hands and all gotten enough exp for a gold medal.

As far as tips go, at tables with a bunch of human players it is really easy to get a smart fold pretty much every hand. Against a table of mostly CPU players it is really easy to get winning streaks just by betting 2x-3x the blinds pre-flop every hand. Most hands the CPU players will ALL- fold pre-flop if you bet 2x-3x the blinds so you can easily rack up winning streaks that way.

DanielH
04-27-2011, 07:29 PM
"If those idiots didn't take EVERY SECOND of the time they had"

in the Same Boat as everyone else

i'm saying, come on, call/raise/check/fold idiot, come on, as the time goes by.

i quickly fold/call/raise/all-in/check

Retom7
04-28-2011, 03:13 PM
"If those idiots didn't take EVERY SECOND of the time they had"

in the Same Boat as everyone else

i'm saying, come on, call/raise/check/fold idiot, come on, as the time goes by.

i quickly fold/call/raise/all-in/check

At least you get human players. I usually end up in rooms with like 2 humans and the CPU is impossible to get medals with. You can never get bonuses for smart fold, which means you have to win to get xp. CPU never shows their cards until they go all the way to the end of a bet, which usually doesn't happen.

I wish there was a better system for getting all humans in one room. I don't understand why I'm only with 2 or 3 people when there are thousands playing?

DanielH
04-28-2011, 04:57 PM
"at least i get human players"

well, not all the time, what i mean is, i enter Texas Heat, and its waiting for a seat for me, as 1:50 ticks by, i'm the only 1 getting seated.

its only 2 people and Me, Other Time Its Whole Bunch Of People and me Waiting For A Table

bigbear2face
04-29-2011, 03:29 PM
At least you get human players. I usually end up in rooms with like 2 humans and the CPU is impossible to get medals with. You can never get bonuses for smart fold, which means you have to win to get xp. CPU never shows their cards until they go all the way to the end of a bet, which usually doesn't happen.

I wish there was a better system for getting all humans in one room. I don't understand why I'm only with 2 or 3 people when there are thousands playing?

If you are stuck at a table with all CPU players just raise 2x-4x the big blind pre-flop every hand. Every single CPU player will fold probably around 90-95% of the time and you can rack up the 500xp from Winning Streak.

AndGar
04-30-2011, 02:23 PM
Absolutely.

I played again last night for the first time since they fixed the medals (last time I had played was back when you actually didn't get the medals you earned which was very frustrating since I had 15K or more XP pretty much every round) and I was incredibly frustrated by the slow play of the other humans at my table. If those idiots didn't take EVERY SECOND of the time they had we could have gotten in 40% more hands and all gotten enough exp for a gold medal.

As far as tips go, at tables with a bunch of human players it is really easy to get a smart fold pretty much every hand. Against a table of mostly CPU players it is really easy to get winning streaks just by betting 2x-3x the blinds pre-flop every hand. Most hands the CPU players will ALL- fold pre-flop if you bet 2x-3x the blinds so you can easily rack up winning streaks that way.

Sorry but what are pre-flops and 2x-3x blinds? I am not very good with the Full House Poker terms.

DanielH
04-30-2011, 04:38 PM
TO POST ABOVE:
http://i52.tinypic.com/2zgyhbc.jpg

Any raise 2x, 3x, 10x blinds were being called by 3-4 players, otherwise it was a 10 person limped family pot.

started with 8000 chips and blinds at 25/50 increasing every 20 mins which gave enough room to wait for some good starting cards.

Example
If each player in a tournament starts with 5,000 in chips and after 4 hours, the big blind is 10,000 (with a small blind of 5,000), it will be very difficult for a player with only 15,000 in chips to stay in the game.

xcrimsonlegendx
05-01-2011, 12:20 AM
I got 16k+ just pressing fold while I ate dinner, the system is flawed.

ColdSpider72
05-01-2011, 05:12 PM
Sorry but what are pre-flops and 2x-3x blinds? I am not very good with the Full House Poker terms.

There is a poker glossary built into the game. If you don't even know what a blind or pre-flop is, I am not sure why you even bought this game. However, if you want to learn, there are tons of sites you can learn from....or better yet, just watch a poker show on T.V. You may even try wearing a mic and just play a casual game online and attempt to discuss the game with other players. I am always willing to help new players when I am playing casual ring games.

bigbear2face
05-02-2011, 06:59 PM

"The Flop" = the first 3 community cards dealt (the three cards dealt face up that all players share)

Blinds= the forced bets that the two players to the left of the dealer button (the player designated as the dealer) have to make.

So if you are betting 2x-3x (two to three times) the big blind (for this example lets say it is 1000chips) pre-flop then you are betting 2000 to 3000 chips before the flop.

Basically my tip in above posts is that if you bet a sizable amount before the flop against CPU players they will more often then not fold. At the very least you will be end up being in a hand with only 1 or 2 of them and at that point it is very easy to outplay them.

AndGar
05-04-2011, 09:18 AM
"The Flop" = the first 3 community cards dealt (the three cards dealt face up that all players share)

Blinds= the forced bets that the two players to the left of the dealer button (the player designated as the dealer) have to make.

So if you are betting 2x-3x (two to three times) the big blind (for this example lets say it is 1000chips) pre-flop then you are betting 2000 to 3000 chips before the flop.

Basically my tip in above posts is that if you bet a sizable amount before the flop against CPU players they will more often then not fold. At the very least you will be end up being in a hand with only 1 or 2 of them and at that point it is very easy to outplay them.

Alright I got it. Thanks for the tip.

KRS
05-04-2011, 03:22 PM
I am fed up with chasing the gold medal. Played Heat last night, altered my play style to try for more XP, and I ended up with 27k exp one time, and 28k the next. Both times I got silver, and the top players had over 45k of exp each time.

Very frustrating - I could have sworn on other occasions I had seen the top players with only ~25k of exp. What gives? Have people figured out a trick to rake it in like that?

Tartan Soldier
05-07-2011, 08:11 PM
Think they must be boosting as no other explanation I can think of.