PDA

View Full Version : Rumor

loganm223
04-29-2011, 05:10 AM
Rumor is that Ea sports wants to create an online subsription service where users have to pay 30$ a month.

DragonsGoMOO
04-29-2011, 05:35 AM
Rumor is that Ea sports wants to create an online subsription service where users have to pay 30$ a month.

Where did you hear that?

I don't care because I don't play sport games, but I might change since I asked my girlfriend to bring her brother's copy of Madden (I don't freaking know what's what since I don't do sport games)

But yeah, I'd like to know the source.

30 dollars a month? That's a lot. Really. I would not do it.

Bistric
04-29-2011, 05:40 AM
That's great news!
I can't wait to pay a subscription fee to play FIFA, because it's not enough that people quit on me for free when I score a goal, or that a game freezes for free every other Pro Club match, now I can actually pay for that to happen.
And I'm sick and tired of grinding through 500 Virtual Pro matches for free.

And if they would only let subscribers compete in sweepstakes like: "Who can find the most glitches in a 30 minute period?" and "Use our online apps without any problems!" the project will be a major success.

Starstrukk X360A
04-29-2011, 05:43 AM
Sources or I'll believe you about as much as I'll believe a talking porcupine.
Although, I think I might just believe a talking porcupine.

Cause if it talks, you know it has something worthwhile to say.
All.
"hey sup i'm a porcupine."

But seriously, don't believe rumors.

balance13
04-29-2011, 05:49 AM
Sources or I'll believe you about as much as I'll believe a talking porcupine.
Although, I think I might just believe a talking porcupine.

Cause if it talks, you know it has something worthwhile to say.
All.
"hey sup i'm a porcupine."

But seriously, don't believe rumors.

LOL!! WIN!

Seriously though I've heard nothing about this I doubts it's true nobody would buy their games and pay $30 a month.

Chaosx721
04-29-2011, 06:31 AM
This is true. I think its still a rumor at the moment, but there's a lot backing it up and it might be coming soon. There's no official price, I read between 14.99 to 34.99, and if its around 30$ I expect it to be yearly not monthly. Here's all the info on it, http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=428199

Here's what the subscription will have if you don't want to click on the link:
-Discount on DLC for EA sports titles.
-Be able to download full games on release day.
-You get a badge on your profile in EA sports games, and on EA's website.
-Ability to transfer paid content from your current participating titles to future title versions.
-Free and exclusive opportunities to extend your EA sports experience to PC and Web
-Free and exclusive EA sports DLC for participating consoles based titles.

Mr Bungle
04-29-2011, 07:39 AM
Until an official statement from EA is released, I don't believe it.

Capn Doug
04-29-2011, 07:59 AM
This sounds a lot like two rumours that nothing came of: The "Persistant online FIFA game" and the Call of Duty subscription fees. The reason why nothing ever came of either of these rumours? Because people we acting like video game industry gossip columnists and reporting idle chatter as actual news. Like the multiplayer in Arkham City, Elder Scrolls 5 (rumoured about 4 different times), or Mass Effect 3 being an MMO. I suspect nothing will come of this on consoles, it seems more like a PC plan.

InfamousVuk
04-29-2011, 08:02 AM
First I would like to say, I don't play sports games.
To be honest, I hate any sort of sport, real or virtual.

Now, back on topic.
Those pictures on the other thread from the link, seem very very shady and photoshoped. just look at how clear the corp logos are, and how blurry the text is.

Second, I would never pay any additional fees to play on console games, not sports only.
It's enough that we pay $30~$90 for a game (price range from used games to new limited editions), and then $40~$60 more for gold membership on XBL, and now pay $30 more to actually be able to play them?
IF and only IF, I am wrong and those pictures are real, then EA can take those games and shove them really far up their backdoors.

Chaosx721
04-29-2011, 09:03 AM
First I would like to say, I don't play sports games.
To be honest, I hate any sort of sport, real or virtual.

Now, back on topic.
Those pictures on the other thread from the link, seem very very shady and photoshoped. just look at how clear the corp logos are, and how blurry the text is.

Second, I would never pay any additional fees to play on console games, not sports only.
It's enough that we pay $30~$90 for a game (price range from used games to new limited editions), and then $40~$60 more for gold membership on XBL, and now pay $30 more to actually be able to play them?
IF and only IF, I am wrong and those pictures are real, then EA can take those games and shove them really far up their backdoors.
You wouldn't have to pay for the subscription fee, its just by choice if you want all those added features.

FFFreak1129
04-29-2011, 10:47 AM
I'll believe it when it happens. If it did though, I wouldn't pay for it. The features that were listed in that article weren't anything that I would pay that much for.

Spanish Assault
04-29-2011, 01:27 PM
There is a rumor that the EA executives who thought of this want to lick my balls...

This is why I don't buy any EA sports games new....I've never had so much love (Dragon Age, Mass Effect) and hatred toward the same company...I guess my love is more toward Bioware. I'm sure they will tie in achievements to online play...who in their right mind would pay $30 a month to play sports online?

niko da bos
04-29-2011, 02:53 PM
That's great news!
I can't wait to pay a subscription fee to play FIFA, because it's not enough that people quit on me for free when I score a goal, or that a game freezes for free every other Pro Club match, now I can actually pay for that to happen.
And I'm sick and tired of grinding through 500 Virtual Pro matches for free.

And if they would only let subscribers compete in sweepstakes like: "Who can find the most glitches in a 30 minute period?" and "Use our online apps without any problems!" the project will be a major success.

lol, i have never played Fifa but that post is WINNING!!

ya this sounds like the same load of bull people were tossing around about COD making a subscription. i really couldnt see this ever happening, especially in todays economy. any game trying to act hardass like that is gauranteed to lose a huge fan base. they nick us for 60$ games 10-15$ DLC, and 50$ yearly live subription, gtfo if you think we are paying more:locked:locked:locked

Genesis x360a
04-29-2011, 03:03 PM
I dont play EA games so I dont really care. Activision have talked about the same thing. You dont have to pay for subscription to play there games online. Its optional, if you want the extras and other features you pay for them if not then you dont. Its not forced upon before yall start whining. You would still be able to play online without buying the subscription.

InfamousVuk
04-29-2011, 07:00 PM
You wouldn't have to pay for the subscription fee, its just by choice if you want all those added features.

If so, I find it still pointless.
When I'll start making games I will sell game and the CD-Key separately, then charge for online play even more and top it with expiry date for 6 months after use.
So, who wants to buy my games?

CodSteaks
04-29-2011, 07:31 PM
There is a rumor that the EA executives who thought of this want to lick my balls...

I'm pretty sure I heard this rumor, too, but they'd definitely charge you for it.

loganm223
04-29-2011, 11:05 PM
Here is a link http://www.pastapadre.com/2011/04/26/your-thoughts-on-a-possible-ea-sports-subscription-service

Nathan WV10
04-29-2011, 11:09 PM
If this happened I would no longer be buying Ea games.