PDA

View Full Version : The Xbox Mascot

wariowarrior
04-29-2011, 09:24 PM
Nintendo have Mario surrounded by his trusted lieutenants - Link, DK, Samus, Fox and Pikachu.

With Sony it's not so clean cut. A few years ago Lara was on top of them all like a malevolent dominatrix but now Drake, Jak, Ratchet, Kratos, Snake and Sackboy all share her roost.

So to that end who rises above the mediocre to claim the Microsoft crown. There are many contenders I will not insult you by listing them but would like, eventually, to get a poll going to see if the likes of Chief and Marcus just run away with it or whether it may be a bit more interesting.

Firstly know we need a shortlist.

A shortlist of 16 who will square of, stand toe to toe till one remains.

So please post those whom you deem qualify for such an accolade. Entries must be of characters that have only been on an Xbox console or started life on the Xbox (so Shepard is eligible). They can come from Arcade games and boxed retail games.

When we have a good selection, hopefully 16, I will get the first poll going.

It's just a bit of fun and apologies if this has been done recently and evokes eyerolls at its lameness and unoriginal nature.

JAW LV
04-29-2011, 09:37 PM
Companion Cube FTW!
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j60/bluinkalchemist/weighted-companion-cube.png

Chaosx721
04-29-2011, 09:41 PM
Its Master Chief. If it wasn't for Halo I don't think there would even be a Xbox 360. Then comes Gears. Also Shepard wouldn't be eligible since its not owned by Microsoft anymore. Most of the "Mascots" are characters that are owned by the companies they are tied too. Also Lara was never really Sony's top.

Tufty
04-29-2011, 09:42 PM
Companion Cube FTW!
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j60/bluinkalchemist/weighted-companion-cube.png

This kinda goes against the rules of the thread, since Portal was on PC first. Anyway, I'm going for Masterchief only because Halo was the first major success on the Xbox. If you mention Xbox to a PS3 fanboy then I'm sure Halo will work it's way into the conversation within the first minute.

JAW LV
04-29-2011, 09:47 PM
This kinda goes against the rules of the thread, since Portal was on PC first. Anyway, I'm going for Masterchief only because Halo was the first major success on the Xbox. If you mention Xbox to a PS3 fanboy then I'm sure Halo will work it's way into the conversation within the first minute.

^^^Whooops.... fail on my part, I'm rather sick today so my brain isn't 100% :p

I'd like to recall my original suggestion and now go with Masterchief as well... it makes the most sense IMO.

Capn Doug
04-29-2011, 09:47 PM
I'd nominate Alan Wake. Dark, mysterious, 360 exclusive. Add in Zippy Zombie from Kinect sports and Miss Aubrey from Dance Central and you have some damn fine exclusive characters. Go with Saren for Mass Effect. ME1 is still exclusive, and he was the only major character to not appear in #2.

wariowarrior
04-29-2011, 10:08 PM
Good good. It seems getting to 16 shouldn't take too long.

Starstrukk X360A
04-29-2011, 10:21 PM
Unfortunately, Master Chief.

Spoony Bard
04-29-2011, 10:24 PM
Banjo & Kazooie should be on the list. Despite having premiered on the competition's console, both platforming games are available on XBLA. They got a brand new adventure that was 360 exclusive, and were also the Xbox-only characters in that Sonic kart racing game.

Mongolian Beef
04-29-2011, 10:29 PM
Master Chief duh!

without halo there'd never be a 360.

Pormogo
04-29-2011, 10:43 PM
Alan Wake FTW.

I've never played an exclusive where I fight the evils of a hangover.

Spanish Assault
04-29-2011, 11:13 PM
Its Master Chief. If it wasn't for Halo I don't think there would even be a Xbox 360. Then comes Gears. Also Shepard wouldn't be eligible since its not owned by Microsoft anymore. Most of the "Mascots" are characters that are owned by the companies they are tied too. Also Lara was never really Sony's top.
+1

The only reason I bought an xbox was cause of Master Chef.

jules the great
04-29-2011, 11:32 PM
*sigh* Yeah its the Master Chief. Compared to other titles Halo is ehh so so. I used to play Halo 3 a lot but then after that it got kinda silly. Reach was epic but whatever MC is the Xbox figurehead.

Beefdagreat
04-30-2011, 12:27 AM
What about Marcus Fenix? Probably people from Fuzion Frenzy? I know there's more. What about the guy from Fable?

Mr Bungle
04-30-2011, 12:37 AM
If it was my choice, then Marcus Fenix.

But all in all I'd say it's Master Chief.

A ZombieTwinkie
04-30-2011, 01:24 AM
I'm going to go against the grain and have to say The Agent from Crackdown.

Just to be different. :p

though i hate to admit that Master Chief would more than likely take the title.

Burning Karma
04-30-2011, 02:18 AM
Its Master Chief. If it wasn't for Halo I don't think there would even be a Xbox 360. Then comes Gears. Also Shepard wouldn't be eligible since its not owned by Microsoft anymore. Most of the "Mascots" are characters that are owned by the companies they are tied too.
And.....scene.

tehapoc
04-30-2011, 02:21 AM
Is Frank West still legit?

MagicMurderBag7
04-30-2011, 02:24 AM
Splosion Man! or maybe Leafos from Viva Pinata or Ilo and Milo from Ilomilo. Please anything but Master Chief.

Worhammer
04-30-2011, 02:30 AM
Definitely the Chief. He's the most iconic character, followed by Marcus of course. There are a lot of lesser known ones. Alan Wake, the hard to pin down Fable Hero (He's always looked generally the same...) then there's the kid from Limbo, the Viva Pinata animals, Kameo (both big selling points at 360 launch), Frank West & his buddy Chuck Greene. Hmmm....what else....Ilo & Milo, King Raskully...

Unfortunately, there aren't many MS exclusives. They've focused more on the exclusive DLCs to gain their foothold, instead of console exclusives. That's another debate for another time, though.

dragonpwnr99
04-30-2011, 04:32 AM
There is the dude from Turok! That game is Xbox exclusive, although there were older titles, so idk if he works...

Mr Bungle
04-30-2011, 04:35 AM
There is the dude from Turok! That game is Xbox exclusive, although there were older titles, so idk if he works...

Are you talking about the "reboot" Turok?

Spanish Assault
04-30-2011, 04:34 PM
Splosion Man! or maybe Leafos from Viva Pinata or Ilo and Milo from Ilomilo. Please anything but Master Chief.
You can't fight it...unless they retire John 117 then Marcus Fenix would have to step in.

Dustinator
04-30-2011, 04:59 PM
Already know how this poll will end

Xbox 360-Master Chief
Nintendo Wii-Mario
Playstation 3-Kratos

Personally, I would vote for Commander Shepard even though he's now on the PS3. So he's not really a 360 mascot anymore.......I go with the original 3 I said before

VanBoon
04-30-2011, 05:03 PM
It should be the MAW!

Delboy
04-30-2011, 05:19 PM
Master Cheif or even Little Sparrow (Fable).

Kaiyo
04-30-2011, 06:48 PM
Master Chief is the mascot then Alan Wake and Marcus Fenix are his buddies...

dragonpwnr99
04-30-2011, 06:50 PM
Are you talking about the "reboot" Turok?
Oh is it a reboot? I ever played turok games, I just picked it up one day at gamestop.

Baylor05
04-30-2011, 07:30 PM
+1

The only reason I bought an xbox was cause of Master Chef.

That's exactly right. I was a PS2 only gamer for a long time until I saw Halo and bought an Xbox just to play it.

I also think second place should go to Marcus Fenix. And now with Master Chief dead you could make the argument that Marcus Fenix is actually the better mascot for the Xbox 360. Since ODST and Reach never involve Master Chief, Fenix is actually the more visible and relevant mascot.

TakahashiDemon
04-30-2011, 08:06 PM
It obviously be one of the exclusives..
Masterchief would stand out though out of all them, so he's probably the mascot.

Spanish Assault
04-30-2011, 08:29 PM
That's exactly right. I was a PS2 only gamer for a long time until I saw Halo and bought an Xbox just to play it.

I also think second place should go to Marcus Fenix. And now with Master Chief dead you could make the argument that Marcus Fenix is actually the better mascot for the Xbox 360. Since ODST and Reach never involve Master Chief, Fenix is actually the more visible and relevant mascot.

Do you know something we don't? MC is floating over Planet Onyx...that is far from dead.

Damage
04-30-2011, 08:56 PM
Just to set a spark to all the MASTER CHIEF stuff. Halo was a PC title also, and was not an XBox exclusive. Neither was Halo 2, it was released same time as Vista.

Only Halo 3, Halo 3 : ODST and Halo Reach so far are xbox exclusives.

Same with Fable & soon to be PC also Fable 2. So basically your probably looking and Gear of War guy, as ME is no longer exclusive either.

Personally I think the exclusive games idea sucks as, I would love to play some God of War etc. But don't see why I should buy a PS3 (I cannot afford) for a few games.

Oh and Master Chief is NOT dead he is in cryo and the ship he is on crash lands on another planet (check the video at the end of Halo 3 after finishing it on Legendary).

Q ipoddy Q
04-30-2011, 11:33 PM
Master chief
Marcus Fenix
Fusion Frenzy characters
Fable character
Viva pinata animals
Beautiful Katamari?
Chuck Greene and Frank West
Splosion Man

DragonsGoMOO
04-30-2011, 11:37 PM
Obviously gonna be the most popular character.
That's why Mario is chosen for Nintendo.
PS3 is different.

It'll probably be Halo, but they're not making games anymore so I don't think so.

It has to be a character where games will continue to be made, like Mario. He's just too popular, and always has new games coming out.

Spanish Assault
05-01-2011, 12:49 AM
Just to set a spark to all the MASTER CHIEF stuff. Halo was a PC title also, and was not an XBox exclusive. Neither was Halo 2, it was released same time as Vista.

Only Halo 3, Halo 3 : ODST and Halo Reach so far are xbox exclusives.

Same with Fable & soon to be PC also Fable 2. So basically your probably looking and Gear of War guy, as ME is no longer exclusive either.

Personally I think the exclusive games idea sucks as, I would love to play some God of War etc. But don't see why I should buy a PS3 (I cannot afford) for a few games.

Oh and Master Chief is NOT dead he is in cryo and the ship he is on crash lands on another planet (check the video at the end of Halo 3 after finishing it on Legendary).
PC that run on M$...who owns xbox....so you aren't sparking anything.

DaChiefOfOwnage
05-01-2011, 02:36 AM
Yeah Halo isn't Xbox exclusive but Master Chief is ALWAYS tied to the Xbox. Like many people have said, if it wasn't for the Chief...

Tommy from Prey might also be a contender. I'm not sure if that game was on the PC or not.

And finally, Marcus Penix. Because a badass marine in sage power armor who fights aleins and doesnt afraid of anything isn't cool enough.

wariowarrior
05-01-2011, 04:33 PM
I've added a different kind of poll then was intended as this seems quite a one sided affair.

andami
05-01-2011, 08:34 PM
Obviously Master Chief. There's no contest. More than 34 million units sold, as of May last year, for a franchise that has always been exclusive to one company, is no small feat.

Vodka619
05-01-2011, 08:41 PM
My money would defnately have to be on Master Chief. He is the first thing that comes to mind when someone says xbox to me.

Though Marcus does come a very close second.

TAI JASON
05-02-2011, 07:34 AM
Blinx (Old Xbox gamers, you know what i mean) sorry for that Microsoft ;D

Marcus Fenix as a comic kids version would be cool (with a little bloody chainsaw). But after i hear about "Gears" and "PS3" in the same line....huuuuum

SubG3nius
05-02-2011, 08:43 AM
Master Chief is old news, baby.

Haha, I remember some people looked at him like the Xbox mascot before, but I never did, on another note, I never liked the Halo games either so...

InfamousVuk
05-02-2011, 10:27 AM
I would nominate the RRoD as the xbox mascot.

TAI JASON
05-02-2011, 10:33 AM
I would nominate the RRoD as the xbox mascot.

...good point. A little red ring with comic eyes and Disney hands/feets singing. ;)

FFFreak1129
05-02-2011, 10:40 AM
I'd say its Master Chief who is the mascot. When most people think of Xbox, they think of him. Same as when people think Nintendo, they think of Mario. Halo is why most people bought an Xbox in the first place.

Worhammer
05-02-2011, 03:51 PM
Master Chief is old news, baby.

Haha, I remember some people looked at him like the Xbox mascot before, but I never did, on another note, I never liked the Halo games either so...
You can't just go by who you THINK should be the mascot. Personally, I think Samus should be Nintendo's mascot. But she isn't. Why? Cause Mario is way more recognizable. And I understand that.

That's how it works. Not everybody knows who Marcus Fenix is, even if they recognize him as a character (which many probably don't) they don't know his name. Master Chief? Everybody knows who that is, and would recognize him on sight.

AmishFury
05-02-2011, 04:42 PM

uhm... no it wasn't

Turok is Xbox 360, PS3, PC

Opiate42
05-02-2011, 05:28 PM
Wait. No Commander Shepard? N7, all the way.

Mass Effect was originally released as a 360 exclusive in 2007 until ported to the PC in 2008. Commander Shepard's legacy was already solidified before if it was confirmed that the PS3 was getting ME2 a year after 360 users.

Lozia
05-02-2011, 05:28 PM
The chickens that you kick in Fable should be the mascots....failing that though, then Master Chief is the mascot for the 360. No one really comes close to him.

wariowarrior
05-03-2011, 09:57 AM
The chickens that you kick in Fable should be the mascots....failing that though, then Master Chief is the mascot for the 360. No one really comes close to him.

Gotta love the chickens. Could give Chief a run for his money.

Petturi
05-03-2011, 11:54 AM
Master Chief
Marcus Fenix
Viva Pinatas
Banjo-Kazooie
Alan Wake

All I could think of.

PurpleSkwid
05-03-2011, 01:04 PM
Definitely Master Chief.

Even back when I refused to play an xbox, I knew what Halo was and who Master Chief was.

If not him, then the Lancer from Gears of War.

Badass gun with a chainsaw had me sold before I even knew what game it was from :P

wariowarrior
05-08-2011, 02:34 PM
I suppose Master Chief is the biggest face of Xbox but as a character there are so many more interesting and fleshed out characters out there.

Deltaleader36
04-01-2013, 03:22 AM
Halo was the launch title for xbox, if he wasn't it, then who is

Deltaleader36
04-01-2013, 03:27 AM
Yes you are 1000000000% smart you win 10000 cortana pics

Deadsea 18
04-01-2013, 03:40 AM
PS3-Kratos no doubt.

360-I'd say Master Chief. Even people that dont like vidio games know who that is they say ''From Halo''. Not everyone would know who Marcus Fenix is,though hes my 360 mascot.

For Nintendo-No doubt Mario.

So yeah I voted Yes.

StayonTarget
04-01-2013, 03:40 AM

I need 5 posts and I'm being obvious. Post #1.

Deadsea 18
04-01-2013, 03:51 AM
(@ DeltaLeader)I need 5 posts and I'm being obvious. Post #1.

http://oi56.tinypic.com/jv58i1.jpg

HA HA LOL

Fire Hawk D
04-01-2013, 04:31 AM
What is this, the 90's?

Spade.
04-01-2013, 04:37 AM
I always thought the Microsoft Points logo to be their mascot.

BiggD
04-01-2013, 04:44 AM
Why the hell was the thread bumped...?!

Halo was the launch title? LOLOLOL. Good one.

Xbox came out November 15, 2001. Halo 2 came out November 9, 2004.

Xbox 360 came out November 22, 2005. Halo 3 came out September 25, 2007.

dakisbac
04-01-2013, 05:02 AM

Halo: CE was a launch title...

runswithscissors
04-01-2013, 08:53 AM
If it was my choice, then Marcus Fenix.

But all in all I'd say it's Master Chief.

:whs

i prefer gears to halo but i know thats totally against popular opinion :/

MasterSparky
04-01-2013, 09:11 AM
Halo but I think they missed a trick not making Conker a regular game

TriRock
04-01-2013, 09:37 AM
It's either a Turd Sandwich or a Giant Douche.

DxxxRules
04-01-2013, 09:43 AM
I voted yes because Master Chief aka Spartan 117 has been around for awhile and won't ever trade his soul to Sony :p

Iceskater101
04-01-2013, 02:42 PM
It's either a Turd Sandwich or a Giant Douche.

This!

I voted no just because I don't think xbox really has a mascot. I just don't think that they have one.

Kairi
04-01-2013, 03:13 PM

You may want to change that considering you forgot Halo: Combat Evolved which came out on November 15, 2001 for Xbox. I'd like you to explain how that isn't considered a launch title. :p

Deltaleader36
04-07-2013, 05:43 PM
If he isn't who else, marcus isn't nearly as famous as he is

Jweezy117
04-07-2013, 06:32 PM
Master Chief and Marcus Fenix <3333

NorbertoMB
04-07-2013, 06:47 PM
halo is no doubt the pillar of Xbox, the most important franchise, but for a mascot masterchief doesn't have the vibrant and friendly image of the like of Mario and sonic.

I honestly think the avatars would be the best option for a mascot, the are after all our reflections in gaming and fun looking.

its a shame that Microsoft hasn't put enough attention to avatars.

FatalDeathSG45
04-07-2013, 08:47 PM
I actually consider Master Chief XBOX's mascot because of one simple thing: Halo is the reason XBOX even exists at all.

Sure, he may not be as kid-friendly an image as Mario or Sonic or... whoever Sony's mascot is, but it's not appearance that makes a mascot. It's how much of a role that character played in popularizing their console. As I said, without Halo, XBOX would have gone the way of the Dreamcast or the Virtual Boy. Master Chief is a lovable, if robotic, protagonist and has become one of the biggest video game characters ever.

So... yeah, I consider Master Chief the mascot of XBOX :)

T24Ghost
04-07-2013, 11:41 PM
When you hear "Xbox" Halo and Master Chief quickly comes to mind. There are plenty of better characters than Master Chief out there, but exclusively representing Xbox has gotta be him.

Slaughter.
04-08-2013, 01:39 PM
I would say that I'd nominate Alan Wake, Corvo Attano, or Ezio Auditore da Firenze.

XoNiNjAlEoNoX
04-08-2013, 03:30 PM
kinect is the xbox mascot

DarkReign2021
04-08-2013, 09:26 PM
This really just brings to light a serious flaw with the Xbox console and that's the lack of exclusives (coupled with the lack of identifiable characters.)

When you get right down to it:

Master Chief
Marcus Fenix*
Theresa* (Blind woman from Fable 1, 2 & 3)
Alan Wake
Kameo
Joanna Dark*
Banjo & Kazooie*
Any Pinata from Viva Pinata

That's running through every store-released game on the Xbox 360 that wasn't released on 360 or Wii. The ones starred means they were released on PC or (in the case of Rare) the N64. Obviously missing a few games missing like Forza, Project Gotham, Fusion Frenzy, etc... where the game was either really bad or there were no characters to be mentioned. Overall, though, pretty bad list.

Now if you want to keep going back to the original Xbox (again including PC releases and consoles prior to that generation, but excluding games that have received ports or sequels on other 7th gen consoles.)

Mechwarrior- Mechassault 2
Edgar- Phantom Dust
Darth Revan- Star Wars: KOTOR
Blinx- Blinx: The Time Sweeper
Glitch- Metal Arms
Any of the characters from Whacked
Ryo- Shenmue
The mech from Steel Battalion
Nathan- Crimson Skies
Conker- Conker: Live and Reloaded
Orta- Panzer Dragoon Orta
Brutus- Brute Force
Vince- Voodoo Vince
Cooper- Grabbed by the Ghoulies
P.A.S.S- N.U.D.E
Derrick Cole- Breakdown
Gideon Wyeth- Advent Rising
Ailish- Sudeki
Commandos- Star Wars: Republic Commandos
Your character- Jade Empire
Stubbs- Stubbs the Zombie

LOTS more games to pick from!

Mercury
04-08-2013, 10:59 PM
Definitely MC - he's the reason I bought an Xbox at the time (I was very happy with my PS2 and Gamecube, but I had to have Halo). Then Marcus Fenix or Farmer Dom. If Mass Effect had stayed Xbox only, I would put Shepard in there.

Ninja Eagle
04-09-2013, 10:26 AM
Master Chief easily. He's exclusive to Xbox. So therefore he is the mascot. I don't think Alan Wake would make a very good mascot even though he's a brilliant character. Master Chief is just more well known I guess.

THe NoMaD
04-09-2013, 11:06 AM
I've never liked the Halo series and not only is the name of Master Chief completely stupid but the character is so boringly 2 dimensional he's almost 1D. The look is Okay I guess.

Mr Snict
04-09-2013, 11:19 AM
I dont think either Sony or Microsoft have mascots. If I had to choose I guess I would choose MC because the Halo series has my favourite Campaigns to date.

Also No chief=no 360.

Rapture639
04-11-2013, 07:12 AM
Now if you want to keep going back to the original Xbox (again including PC releases and consoles prior to that generation, but excluding games that have received ports or sequels on other 7th gen consoles.)

Mechwarrior- Mechassault 2
Edgar- Phantom Dust
Darth Revan- Star Wars: KOTOR
Blinx- Blinx: The Time Sweeper
Glitch- Metal Arms
Any of the characters from Whacked
Ryo- Shenmue
The mech from Steel Battalion
Nathan- Crimson Skies
Conker- Conker: Live and Reloaded
Orta- Panzer Dragoon Orta
Brutus- Brute Force
Vince- Voodoo Vince
Cooper- Grabbed by the Ghoulies
P.A.S.S- N.U.D.E
Derrick Cole- Breakdown
Gideon Wyeth- Advent Rising
Ailish- Sudeki
Commandos- Star Wars: Republic Commandos
Your character- Jade Empire
Stubbs- Stubbs the Zombie

LOTS more games to pick from!

Haha yea Blinx! I'd say he would probably be the closest thing to a mascot Microsoft ever had (Since he was one of the few kid-friendly games which seems to be a criteria for being a mascot for a gaming company). Plus, he looks like a total boss with his steel toed boots and pilot goggles! Bring on Blinx 2!

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lf7jme4G2S1qzbqbqo1_500.jpg

SmarmySmurf
04-11-2013, 07:31 AM
Blinx, Vince and Banjo should all be the official mascots. I mean literally, they should feature them as hidden characters in ever first party game and everything.

Master Chief... eh... I don't even like him in Halo, but I guess he is the most famous.

CyberPunch83
04-11-2013, 08:06 PM
I firmly believe that Master Chief in almost indisputably the mascot for the Xbox, going all the way back to the launch of the original Xbox alongside Halo 1 in November 2001. It could be argued that in recent years, some other characters have come forward from other exclusives and made cases for themselves as mascots (Marcus Fenix, among others), but to many Chief was the first character instantly recognizable and attributable to the Xbox.

DarkReign2021
04-11-2013, 10:47 PM
Haha yea Blinx! I'd say he would probably be the closest thing to a mascot Microsoft ever had (Since he was one of the few kid-friendly games which seems to be a criteria for being a mascot for a gaming company). Plus, he looks like a total boss with his steel toed boots and pilot goggles! Bring on Blinx 2!

There's already a Blinx 2, but I definitely would like to see another one. If MS was smart, they'd do an HD remake of the originals and bring the series back from the dead since he's an original Xbox Platform character.

Conker and Banjo should both definitely maintain a presence in the Xbox library, but they're not original characters to the Xbox brand, so they really need to try and get some more likable characters out there.

I would also like to see Psychonauts and Metal Arms get picked up by Microsoft and see some support as well. The biggest thing Xbox is lacking that Nintendo and Sony do well are platformers. MS needs to get some good platforming games in the works.

Barad
04-13-2013, 11:02 AM
I couldn't think of anyone better than The Cole Train as Xbox's mascot. :p

TriRock
04-13-2013, 12:28 PM

God dammit, anybody else, but not the most annoying character out of all Gears games! :(

Linknol
04-13-2013, 07:15 PM
It's obviously Master Chief. He was pretty much THE force that sold and made Xbox what it is whether or not you like the character/game. If you ask anybody who is the mascot for xbox they will probably say the same aswell which is why he IS the mascot.

Marcus Fenix would be a runner up obviously.
Alan Wake, probably not. Not that many people know the game outside of xbox and even within xbox it's a pretty niche fanbase.
Viva Pinata wouldn't work seeing as there are multiplatform sequels. Goes against what a mascot is really.

Any characters from games such as Dead Rising, Mass Effect, Lost planet etc. also wouldn't fit into the description of a mascot seeing as their sequels are multiplatform.

Some people really don't see what a mascot is. Mario, Link, Samus and Fox are exclusive to nintendo, which is why they are eligible to be a mascot.
Crash Bandicoot and Spyro where (at the time) Sony exclusive characters, since they went multiplatform notice how Sony doesn't really use them as a selling point for the console.

Also Lara Croft and Snake where never really Sony mascots. Tomb Raider was multiplatform and I believe started on the PC, Sony just did the Microsoft thing and bought the rights for the sequels to be exclusive. Metal Gear also started on a Nintendo console (the NES I think) so the only company that could have ever claimed Snake as a mascot are Nintendo.

BiggD
04-13-2013, 08:48 PM

Cole over John-117?

No. Just, no!

Iceskater101
04-15-2013, 12:02 AM
Haha I love Cole, I wouldn't mind him being our mascot! xD

Barad
04-15-2013, 02:24 PM
God dammit, anybody else, but not the most annoying character out of all Gears games! :(

Cole over John-117?

No. Just, no!

Fine what about the youngest Carmine brother? :p