PDA

View Full Version : X-Box Transfer Cable

DucknahEireann
04-30-2011, 01:03 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows if the transfer cable available for the 360 stores the data you transfer onto a new profile or can you put it onto your exsisting profile. I have the old 20gb HD with a good few achievements on it but dont want to start a new XBox live account. Ive tried to find out online but cant seem to find out. Any helpful inputs appreciated. Cheers.

Nozza XBA
04-30-2011, 01:07 PM
It just transfers your data from one HDD to another HDD on a different 360. Its doesn't store anything or make any new accounts.

Your gamertag and its achievements are 'stored' over XBL, so you just recover it once you've transferred everything and everything you've unlocked achievement wise will be there. The transfer cable is only for taking your saved data on your HDD from one saved spot to another, and nothing else.

Joeplay201
05-02-2011, 05:10 PM
Hey mate you're fine. You have an option to recover a gamer profile unto your new Xbox.
The data transfer cable is okay (mind you I've only used it once since I've purchased it)
It will transfer any DLC, Saves, or any other retail games / arcade titles you had on the hard drive. Hope this helps as I've recently did this process a few months ago.