PDA

View Full Version : Cubs Take The Last Series Against Brewers....

Drunk3nR4d
07-02-2007, 03:38 AM
i dunno, for any cubs fan that is exciting!!! ESPIECALLY that last inning homer by ramirez!!

Wandering Proof
07-02-2007, 04:34 AM
i dunno, for any cubs fan that is exciting!!! ESPIECALLY that last inning homer by ramirez!!

Hell yeah very cool. I am a BoSox fan but my girl is a huge Cubs fan being she is from ChiTown. Plus you can't help but cheer for tradition and a team that has been around for so long. They are gonna have their year soon, much like my boys in Boston did.

Tussell
07-02-2007, 06:09 PM
Fuck yeah! Cubs!

Heh, I'm not really a huge baseball fan, but being from Chicago, and torn between two teams, I guess I'd go with the Cubs. Their games are so much more... Exciting compared to Sox games. I also like Wrigley better than Cellular... But that's just my opinion.

Anywho, yeah that's cool. :p

But I've said this before and I'll say it again, if one team is out, then you gotta cheer on the other team... I mean, they represent Chicago, if any team from Chicago wins anything, then fuck, it's still good.

Wandering Proof
07-02-2007, 06:39 PM
Tussell you are one of few that thinks that way. I have friends that are on both sides of the tracks if you will when it comes to Cubs/Sox and man they get into some ugly arguments.

I almost think inner city rivalries are stronger then some of the long time divisional ones.

It's all about the bragging rights man.

Tussell
07-02-2007, 08:29 PM
Tussell you are one of few that thinks that way. I have friends that are on both sides of the tracks if you will when it comes to Cubs/Sox and man they get into some ugly arguments.

I almost think inner city rivalries are stronger then some of the long time divisional ones.

It's all about the bragging rights man.
Yeah, but you know what I'm saying right? There's no point. Mostly people brag about their team to represent where they're from and how good the team is there... But when it's either one, it's like, fuck man, who cares?!

Wandering Proof
07-02-2007, 08:35 PM
Yeah, but you know what I'm saying right? There's no point. Mostly people brag about their team to represent where they're from and how good the team is there... But when it's either one, it's like, fuck man, who cares?!

I totally know where you are coming from on this one. Most cities should be happy to have sports teams let alone multiple teams in a league. I grew up in Iowa... we had arena football, and not even that stuck there.

Now that's sad haha.

Though we are the farm team for your beloved Cubs. I have gone to many an Iowa Cubs game in my childhood.

Tussell
07-02-2007, 08:45 PM
I totally know where you are coming from on this one. Most cities should be happy to have sports teams let alone multiple teams in a league. I grew up in Iowa... we had arena football, and not even that stuck there.

Now that's sad haha.

Though we are the farm team for your beloved Cubs. I have gone to many an Iowa Cubs game in my childhood.
Arena football owns, I got to the Rush Games sometimes because my dad had like season passes. I think it's over now though.

Rand al Thor 19
07-05-2007, 08:38 AM
Cubs fans shouldn't get too excited. I mean, don't they know it's the CUBS!!! Somehow, someway, they will find a way to lose. They always do. Plus they suck. And Cubs fans suck. And if you couldn't guess, yes I am a White Sox fan.

deej brutal
07-06-2007, 12:00 AM
i know what its like also about rivalries it seems whenever the rangers play the astros its like friends become enemies ha and leads to alot of arguments. it mght not be as intense as cubs/white sox, but its still pretty fun to be a part of

Tussell
07-06-2007, 12:08 AM
Cubs fans shouldn't get too excited. I mean, don't they know it's the CUBS!!! Somehow, someway, they will find a way to lose. They always do. Plus they suck. And Cubs fans suck. And if you couldn't guess, yes I am a White Sox fan.
Cubs Fans > Saw Fans.
:)
JP. I had to say it, and I really hope this doesn't bring flaming.

But anywho... What's so bad about Cubs fans?

Rand al Thor 19
07-06-2007, 08:46 PM
Cubs Fans > Saw Fans.
:)
JP. I had to say it, and I really hope this doesn't bring flaming.

But anywho... What's so bad about Cubs fans?
As a die hard Sox fan, I hate everything about the Cubs and that includes their fans. I don't hate individual Cub fans, just the group.

Tussell
07-07-2007, 09:10 PM
As a die hard Sox fan, I hate everything about the Cubs and that includes their fans. I don't hate individual Cub fans, just the group.
:confused:I don't understand your logic...

Pieface
07-07-2007, 09:21 PM
I know I'm British but i thought I heard the cubs went bad

Rand al Thor 19
07-09-2007, 11:08 PM
:confused:I don't understand your logic...
You'd understand if you lived in Chicago.

ilski
07-10-2007, 12:19 AM

So living in Chicago breeds ignorance and blanket hatred? :confused:

Rand al Thor 19
07-10-2007, 03:21 AM
So living in Chicago breeds ignorance and blanket hatred? :confused:
I guess no one has a sense of humor. I really don't HATE anybody. It's just a South Side vs North Side thing. White Sox vs Cubs. Blue collar vs white collar. You wouldn't get it if you don't live here.

Tussell
07-10-2007, 04:39 AM
Really? Funny thing is I do live in Chicago, well... 15 minutes from it. I know a lot about the rivalry within it. But I still don't understand how you don't hate ONE but you hate ALL that's all I was saying.

Danny Dibo
07-10-2007, 04:54 AM
I guess no one has a sense of humor. I really don't HATE anybody. It's just a South Side vs North Side thing. White Sox vs Cubs. Blue collar vs white collar. You wouldn't get it if you don't live here.

He's right.
You only understand if you live in chicago.
Even the newspapers are biased. The tribune is stuck to the cubs ass, while the sun-times is more geared toward sox fans.
I was taught at a young age that Cubs fans think the world owes them something, sox fans are just more diehard fans who won't ACCEPT losing.
Wrigley is a spectacle, not a game.
People go there to get drunk, run on the field, flirt with drunk girls and sing the 7th inning stretch. Sox games are for the GAME. That's why I will never be a cubs fan and I detest those that follow them blindly!

ilski
07-10-2007, 06:37 AM

I'm sure you don't actually hate anyone.

Let me tell you an anecdote. It's the NFC Championship game. A friend of mine is tackled by a Bears fan in the parking lot after the game because he is wearing a Saints jersey. Unprovoked. Two of his ribs are broken. His nose and glasses as well. All before, during and after the game the Bears fans said some spiteful, ignorant shit about New Orleans' state after Katrina as well as several signs that Bears fans were holding that never made it onto the telecast. Were those South Side or North Side cats? Or was that a blue collar or white collar thing?

Rand al Thor 19
07-10-2007, 06:12 PM
I'm sure you don't actually hate anyone.

Let me tell you an anecdote. It's the NFC Championship game. A friend of mine is tackled by a Bears fan in the parking lot after the game because he is wearing a Saints jersey. Unprovoked. Two of his ribs are broken. His nose and glasses as well. All before, during and after the game the Bears fans said some spiteful, ignorant shit about New Orleans' state after Katrina as well as several signs that Bears fans were holding that never made it onto the telecast. Were those South Side or North Side cats? Or was that a blue collar or white collar thing?
It was probably a really drunk Bears fan.