PDA

View Full Version : Dark Times of Gaming

Mosizzle313
04-30-2011, 06:30 PM
I don't know if its just me but I am always bored as hell when I turn on my Xbox. I feel like everything that's out now just revolves around the same plot. You have to try and stop some species, group, terrorist, etc., from destroying the world. I just want new games to come out so I have something to do when I'm bored because right now gaming has started to become "boring".

Does anyone else agree? Or is it just me? Because if there's some fun, overlooked game that is out there that I've yet to try, I'd love to know. For now the games that are out just really aren't cutting it.

Sampson
04-30-2011, 06:32 PM
Yeah, I sort of half agree with you. But it sounds to me like you're purchasing the exact same style/genre of game. Try to mix things up away from shooters.

KeepEmRolling
04-30-2011, 07:20 PM
I think everyone goes through what you're feeling right now from time to time. I'd recommend you play Red Dead Redemption. It's well worth playing even if all you do is stick to story missions.

Baylor05
04-30-2011, 07:26 PM
My question would be if you don't like gaming and you find it boring, then why the hell are you playing xbox? I agree there have been times when I've been stuck in ruts and haven't really wanted to turn on my xbox. But if that's the case I go find an easy game I think I'll like and that usually will get me back into gaming.

I think there are plenty of titles out there that don't necessarily follow the same plot of kill a bunch of terrorists and the like. If you play nothing but Call of Duty, and there are many COD titles out there, then of course you are going to feel that way. But when you have racing games, sports games, strategy games, role-playing games, etc., I think you should easily be able to find games with varying plots that can entertain you.

guillermo316
04-30-2011, 10:28 PM
Well when you buy a game or decide to play it, generally you know what your getting yourself into. also everything in a way is a re-write of something else. I think portal 2 is a good choice for what your looking for. i think

ChArG1nMaLAZ0R
04-30-2011, 10:35 PM
its just you

Starstrukk X360A
04-30-2011, 10:53 PM
Well, what would you prefer then? A blockbuster game who's plot is about saving the last juice box from a bad guy?

Actually, I would probably buy that.

DragonsGoMOO
04-30-2011, 10:54 PM
There are other genres available.
Either you're just picking up the same type every time without thinking, or you don't have an interest in anything else.

Borderlands
Left 4 Dead 1-2
Portal 1-2
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection (40 old games)

A lot of games usually depends on good guy vs bad guy, and the bad guy is always trying to take over the world or city, or trying to destroy it. It is hard to find a new type but it's out there. Just gotta take chances.

DeekBoy
05-01-2011, 12:11 AM
Try out some arcade titles. Every week when the deals get released I check them out. Its nice to try something new or something old :D.

MagicMurderBag7
05-01-2011, 12:17 AM
I recommend Beautiful Katamari. There is nothing out there like it.

Also try looking at the arcade games. Ilomilo is a great puzzle game and Super Meat Boy and Splosion man are amazing platformers.

MachineZed
05-01-2011, 01:51 AM
I usually try switching Genres to be the best at switching things up. Like earlier this year, I saw most of games were me shooting things, which did get pretty boring.

I switched it up by going for an Action Adventure game in Castlevania LoS. Not much shooting in that game, and I heard it was pretty good. It got me back.

Kievah
05-01-2011, 03:00 AM
Everyone else has said it, but definately, switch up genres.

I've always found FPS to be uber boring and lacklustre, but I've tried out Black Ops and Medal of Honor for something different. Mostly, I'm a Japanese RPG fan. Old school Squaresoft FTMFW!! But I play a little bit of everything... Love Fight Night 4, Super Street Fighter, Red Dead Redemption, Lego Star Wars Saga, Kinect games, Dragon Age Origins, and Alan Wake, at the moment.

End of the day, if you're a gamer, you'll take the opportunity to switch it up and find there's always something new or challenging out there for you.

Short answer: it's probably just you =P

punchman1
05-01-2011, 03:58 AM
They do recycle plot lines, you need to try different types

Didi Mau
05-01-2011, 08:05 AM
Try out some arcade titles. Every week when the deals get released I check them out. Its nice to try something new or something old :D.

This would be my suggestion, if I'm not playing a fighting game then I'm playing an arcade title (normally an old game ported from another console)- actual retail games haven't grabbed my attention in forever now.

Failing that, there's always other hobbies I guess. Whenever I feel burned out on gaming I'll watch a film online or pick a direction then walk in it for several hours; a gym's always a nice healthy addition to a lifestyle if you can afford the membership.

V1oL3NT Sn1PEzZ
05-01-2011, 04:53 PM
im the same as you at the moment just waiting for LA Noire to come out and every game i have seems very boring but i've just stopped playing the xbox for a while so when i go back to it i wont of played any games for a couple of weeks.

Sarcastro
05-01-2011, 05:33 PM
I think everyone goes through what you're feeling right now from time to time. I'd recommend you play Red Dead Redemption. It's well worth playing even if all you do is stick to story missions.

Funny, I just picked that up again. I never finished it, so I'm going for it now. Also, DL'ed Undead Nightmare. Also, I just picked up Saints Row 2. Slow release times are great times to pick up missed games, or look for games you may have overlooked.

keymanu1
05-01-2011, 06:00 PM
Play sports games and go for the achievements, Fifa 11's killed over 50 hours just on the pitch for me, since it came out and I still play it a lot.

Bleeding Star
05-01-2011, 06:52 PM
Totally agree, I've found myself going back and playing games from a couple of years ago now to keep me entertained, GTA4, Bioshock, Gears of War etc etc

DeekBoy
05-01-2011, 09:54 PM
This would be my suggestion, if I'm not playing a fighting game then I'm playing an arcade title (normally an old game ported from another console)- actual retail games haven't grabbed my attention in forever now.

Failing that, there's always other hobbies I guess. Whenever I feel burned out on gaming I'll watch a film online or pick a direction then walk in it for several hours; a gym's always a nice healthy addition to a lifestyle if you can afford the membership.

I wild also try gaming with a group of people. I always seem to have a good amount of fun with people in a party. It doesn't seem as bad with people :D

Spanish Assault
05-01-2011, 10:04 PM
Try some RPG's or some RTS games...most of them have the same plot, but it's a totally different play style...you don't run and gun like most shooters.

Mr Gollywoggins
05-02-2011, 02:14 AM
I get that at times, especially recently where i'm completely sick of war games like COD, although to say i was ever completely "into" them is an exaggeration, but i decided to start buying games that are different, i really wish i could go back to Dawn of War 2, but my computer just is not good enough to play it, otherwise id be buying up computer games along with xbox.

koopakiller64
05-02-2011, 06:40 AM
I'm pretty bored with my games only because I'm waiting for Brink. I do agree with Carmona by playing RPG's though. Starting new characters in Rpgs with stats that you normally wouldn't use brought back the fun for me.

Mosizzle313
05-06-2011, 07:36 AM
thanks for everyone that replied. i did pick up portal 2 and its interesting to say the least. but i definitely gotta try new shit besides cod lol its getting so old.

bazariah
05-06-2011, 09:21 AM
play the following:
wet
mirrors edge
devil may cry 4
flatout ultimate carnage
viva pinata party animals
fairytale fights
batman arkham asylum
bayonetta
splatterhouse

each and every one of those is a fun experience in thmselves :)

CyberPunch83
05-06-2011, 12:45 PM
Whenever I get bored of gaming, I just full stop for a month or so, then go back and everything seems new again. You might be rusty for a little while, but it'll be fun because you get to climb the learning curve again.

If that fails just keep a boatload of games on hand if one gets boring, you can switch to another one. Keeping a healthy rotation of different games is also known to stave off gaming boredom.

Penguino Rojo
05-06-2011, 01:20 PM
I occasionally get bored and want a 'mindless' game to play. That's why there are plenty of games on Arcade you can download that are super easy to play.

There are also these things called 'hobbies' that you can take up if you don't feel like playing games.

Lord Montymort
05-06-2011, 01:38 PM
I don't know if its just me but I am always bored as hell when I turn on my Xbox. I feel like everything that's out now just revolves around the same plot. You have to try and stop some species, group, terrorist, etc., from destroying the world. I just want new games to come out so I have something to do when I'm bored because right now gaming has started to become "boring".

Does anyone else agree? Or is it just me? Because if there's some fun, overlooked game that is out there that I've yet to try, I'd love to know. For now the games that are out just really aren't cutting it.

I felt the same as you a while back, I wanted to play games but I was sick to death of all the shooters on 360. So I ended up going on my Wii and playing Super Mario Galaxy 2 which is a downright amazing game, and after I finished that I played a bit of Demon Souls on PS3. I honestly feel that while it is my favorite console this gen, the 360 is the worst one for variety, and if you own a 360 you are pretty much forced to buy a second console if you want to play something that isn't a shooter.

Andreas_loel
05-06-2011, 03:25 PM
I started feeling like that before so i bought Fifa 11/Nhl 10/Bioshock 2 + Fable 3, my next purchase after that was Create/The sims 3/Halflife 2: Orange box/ Band hero.

The last few years it just feels like ive been on a fucking battlefield all the time.

Cant wait for A-rpg autumn now

jules the great
05-06-2011, 03:37 PM
I felt like this too yesterday. Im so so so tired of playing COD Black Ops especially after hitting 15th Prestige and I just finished up Enslaved which was pretty good. Im going to try playing some PS3 titles. I hear SOCOM is a good game.

Farklefreak5
05-06-2011, 03:52 PM
I busted out the Gamecube last week. BEST. WEEK. EVER.

Nintendo may have some crappy games, but damn they know how to make things fun. If they would get over their little motion controlled crap and start putting effort into their games again I would probably get turned back into a Nintendo fanboy.

This is where the Xbox lacks. Every game besides children's games is either a shooter, or really intense. I just wanna chill back and have mindless fun!

Port over Luigi's Mansion to the 360. I'll be happy then,

sak7395
05-06-2011, 04:00 PM
remind me of when I bought mass effect 2 this January and didn't play it till mid February

i didn't play any other game for that whole week

Bane 13 Ghosts
05-06-2011, 04:05 PM
Totally agree, I've found myself going back and playing games from a couple of years ago now to keep me entertained, GTA4, Bioshock, Gears of War etc etc

That sounds like me.. if I get bored of the latest I'll play older games.. thats why i keep those ones.