PDA

View Full Version : I dont understand whats wrong with my kinect sensor.

XI F3LLA IX
05-01-2011, 04:50 PM
I can't seem to understand why it doesn't register my knees as getting high.
Is it because of how my sensor is placed or what?
At this rate ill never beat track and field on champion.

Baihu1983
05-01-2011, 05:35 PM
Might be how high the camera is could even be what you are wearing. Baggy trousers can cause problems sometimes.

XI F3LLA IX
05-02-2011, 04:17 PM
Thanks for the advice man i'll try lowering my sensor.

Baihu1983
05-02-2011, 05:40 PM
If you can get the tv stand and sit it on the tv or make something yourself. I found it works much better around eye level.

Necrophage33
05-02-2011, 09:54 PM
I seemed to have the same problem. At least, it certainly felt like it after watching the track and field guide, where I felt like I was putting in so much more effort when running but their avatar was running so much faster. I have my sensor below the TV, about 2 feet from the ground. The main things to check are:

1) check the Kinect tracking in the Kinect tuner menu to make sure it is definitely tracking your whole body
2) consensus seems to be that having the sensor above the TV allows it to pick up your knees better
3) lighting in the room can make a huge difference. Make sure there aren't any local bright spots near you, since that will throw the sensor off. You should be able to see this in the Kinect tuner tracking
4) the less clothes you have flailing around, the better. I don't see why you would be, but don't wear sweaters, jackets, baggy pants when playing. It just makes the sensor more erratic in picking up your movements

Hopefully this helps.

jay71uk
05-03-2011, 05:15 PM
I seemed to have the same problem..
etc..

Maybe you guys could swap sensors with each other !!
:Angel

Necrophage33
05-03-2011, 06:09 PM
Maybe you guys could swap sensors with each other !!
:Angel

Haha I'm soooo glad to have all those achievements behind me. A very proud completion for me, I must say.