PDA

View Full Version : Hardcore Mode: Who's done it?

Frankyg88
05-02-2011, 01:52 AM
Just finished the game in hardcore mode as even though it didn't have an achievement for it I couldn't justify playing it on any other difficulty. Only mission I found a pain was the night time one, all the others where straight forward and only a silly mistakes caused a restart, so I ask, Who else has done all levels in hardcore?

DEG23
05-02-2011, 04:13 AM
Thought about it but cos there was no achievement i decided instead to play on experienced and just turn all the assists off. (Couldn't handle the idea of no checkpoints) But tempted to play through on Hardcore on a second playthrough using a different class.

Tweekfu
05-16-2011, 06:35 AM
Playing through on Hardcore at the moment because i had so much fun doing it with the previous game.

I only have 2 more missions left to do and its easy so far. Much easier than dragon rising was.

Gilian85
05-20-2011, 05:26 PM
Think i'm gonna try to beat Dragon Rising finally on Hardcore..

The Bum-Mobile
05-26-2011, 12:24 AM
Half of Dragon Rising for me was Hardcore. Can't wait to do it in this!

Nevander
06-08-2011, 07:25 AM
All you people are insane.

Unless Hardcore gives you more XP for your classes, then playing on it is like the most idiotic thing I've ever heard of. I absouletly hated DR, especially because of the Hardcore achievement. I never got past the first mission on Hardcore on DR, and I can't get past the third mission on freaking Normal.

I can't put it any clearer, I HATE DR. I tried playing it again a couple weeks ago and got stuck in a rock and got incapacitated and my idiot AI was just walking around getting stuck on things and what downed me was an APC from like across the damn island.

So far, Red River is a lot better than DR, but I still get a DR vibe from it. The AI is still a pain in the ass and they always get up in your base somehow, especially in the fifth mission. It's ridiculous. I couldn't even take out the third APC without getting annihilated by the little guys rushing our base.

This is definitely not my kind of game. I plan to 1k this game and then probably sell it and then break DR in half. :p

June 14th needs to hurry up and come. :(

Capn Franky
06-25-2011, 08:59 PM
Not all people play games just for achievements and enjoy a challenge, I'm a completionist but went through dragon rising and red river on hardcore without any faults (bar the odd A.I issue).

It's not like any other game you have played before, if you can't do it then your not playing it right.