PDA

View Full Version : Mystery Science Theatre 3000

Mr Bungle
05-02-2011, 02:07 PM
Did anybody ever get into this show?

Mystery Science Theater 3000 (often abbreviated as MST3K) is an American cult television comedy series created by Joel Hodgson and produced by Best Brains, Inc., that ran from 1988 to 1999.
The series features a man and his robot sidekicks who are trapped on a space station by an evil scientist and forced to watch a selection of bad movies, often (but not limited to) science fiction B-movies. To keep sane, the man and his robots provide a running commentary on each film, making fun of its flaws and wisecracking (or "riffing") their way through each reel in the style of a movie-theater peanut gallery. Each film is presented with a superimposition of the man and robots' silhouettes along the bottom of the screen.

Without a doubt one of the best shows of the 90's and of all-time.

Here are some clips:

YouTube - MST3K - 1001 - Soultaker Montage

YouTube - MST3K - Favorite Moments - Final Justice

YouTube - MST3K - Favorite Moments - Future War

Worhammer
05-03-2011, 06:45 AM
No clips from Manos & the Hands of Fate?

Bwahahah.....best. show. ever.

ChickinOnaChain
02-24-2012, 06:36 PM
One of the funniest shows ever. I've got 5-6 DVDs of them. I'd really like a box set. No one asked but I like Mike Nelson more for the host. It looks like their web site is still active... http://www.mst3k.com/

WolfmanStarrk
02-24-2012, 08:53 PM
I've been a huge fan of MST3K since I was like 8 years old. Some of my favorite episodes are Hercules against the Moon Men, Cave Dwellers and Lost Continent.

hydrosugar
02-24-2012, 09:53 PM
I haven't seen this show. But it was referenced by The Cinema Snob when he was reviewing a movie even MST3K deemed to wrong to review. So I looked it up after that and am now pretty interested in watching it.

ChickinOnaChain
02-24-2012, 10:34 PM
I haven't seen this show. But it was referenced by The Cinema Snob when he was reviewing a movie even MST3K deemed to wrong to review. So I looked it up after that and am now pretty interested in watching it.
Hydro...click on my link in my post above and it'll give you an idea of what to expect. The movies are usually REALLY bad but they make them enjoyable and funny.

WolfmanStarrk
02-26-2012, 03:19 PM
There's also the occasional short that comes with a movie. Usually one of those late fourties early fifties films they used to show in school dealing with either hygene, dating or cheating on a test. Those are probably some of the funniest bits in the entire series.

JAW LV
03-05-2012, 08:26 PM
I watched the series here & there when I was kid in 90's. I remember a couple episodes were really funny but for the most part I never got into the show that much. I specifically remember an episode with a huge crawling eyeball.

My wife on the other hand loves the show. She recently found the series on her Kindle Fire; there's 10+ episodes and they are all free... she's an Amazon Prime member so maybe it's only free for Prime members though :confused:

StayonTarget
03-06-2012, 03:34 AM
It's on Netflix. I watched one while on a trip back from Vegas. It had it's shit n giggles. It's something I'd probably be good at.