PDA

View Full Version : Can't Play - Game Lockup

Mr Schultz
05-03-2011, 10:46 PM
I got to play the tutorial, but the game keeps locking up on me at the Rocky Mountains mission briefing screen, once it says "A - Continue".

Game is installed on my HDD.
Deleted the install, and tried playing the game spinning the disk: it does the same thing. It's a new copy too, from GameFly.

Anyone else having lockup problems?

Edit: Deleted everything and started over. Locked up again the first time on Training, but then worked the next time I rebooted.

Then, the first part of The Rockies glitched on me; apparently I made the zip line before I was supposed to, and the game kept pointing me back to the tree where my parachute was, even though there was no rope to get.

Game is not very good at all.

Mr Schultz
05-06-2011, 01:03 AM
Put game in tonight to try a little more, and the 360 locks up again at Rocky Mts mission briefing screen.
Enough.
Eject, game back in sleeve, sleeve back in cardboard, cardboard back in envelope.
Seeya, broken game.

Xenolith666
05-06-2011, 03:18 PM
See if Gamefly will send you another, I had no such locking up issues with my copy.

Mr Schultz
05-06-2011, 05:43 PM
See if Gamefly will send you another, I had no such locking up issues with my copy.

Well I loaded it onto my HDD, and it did so successfully, so it's not a disk issue.
Other specifics: Playing on a new Slim 250GB model Xbox360, with plenty of free memory space.

When it works, MAN VS WILD is probably an OK game, but certainly not one worth jumping through hoops in order to play.

I'd rather move on to the next rental: Portal2 or Brink, honestly.

Edit: Ok, I'm not the only one who has this problem. One of the 7 reviews on GameFly mentions the game locking up too. "BUGGED": http://www.gamefly.com/game/xbox-360/Man-vs-Wild/142450/

CrustyDirtDemon
05-11-2011, 02:17 AM
having same problem, except on second to last level. Game wont load, just freezes at a black screen FML!!!!!!!!!

DeaconFrost2k
05-13-2011, 10:34 AM
have the same problem, it freezes while the rocky mountain mission - when you get out the river - near the end of the mission - and now i can't load the mission again - freezes after loading screen -> when pressing A

DeaconFrost2k
05-15-2011, 10:48 AM
i managed it yesterday :woop:

i played at survivor difficult the first level, and i got no freezing at the end