PDA

View Full Version : Why I should buy a Kinect?

vtardif
05-04-2011, 04:15 AM
To be honest, I don't see why I should be a Kinect. Do you have any good point to convinc me?

DragonsGoMOO
05-04-2011, 04:32 AM
If you don't see any reasons to buy one, then don't.

We're not exactly the kind of community who pressures you into buying it. Only you can decide for yourself.

"Oh, I don't see any point. I won't buy it" simple as that.

rekikire
05-04-2011, 05:49 AM
If you don't see the reasons for one, then don't get one, nobody is forcing you.

Bleeding Star
05-04-2011, 04:47 PM
To be honest, I don't see why I should be a Kinect. Do you have any good point to convinc me?

If you don't see/want one then don't buy one

Saying that I honestly couldn't give you a reason anyway, if you MUST have one I'd wait until this christmas when hopefully more/better games and deals are available

Delboy
05-04-2011, 05:33 PM
I bought one for health and fitness.

It's completely up to you, however it does give "gaming" a whole new defenition in my perspective.

Starstrukk X360A
05-04-2011, 05:46 PM
Don't get one then if you don't want one? It's not like a requirement or anything...

JeJans
05-04-2011, 07:10 PM
1. Great if you have kids, both you and the kids will love it.
2. Great for fitness, you are gonna feel it the day after.
3. Great with friends, laughing a lot!
4. You can actually learn to do stuff irl, example: Dance Central WILL teach you to dance if you give it the time.
5. I see some games that can be great in the future, example: If they make it work how cool will Star wars be? AWSOME!

Thatīs reasons for me:) hope it help you to make the right choice!

skatepimp47
05-05-2011, 06:00 AM
As I believe someone has already said; If you don't want one don't get one. I personally have one and love it...

ashleary
05-05-2011, 12:57 PM
As I believe someone has already said; If you don't want one don't get one. I personally have one and love it...

Couldnt've said it better myself!

I love mine. Good for solo play, great for parties.

TAI JASON
05-05-2011, 01:14 PM
You can switch Xbl with your hands and your voice :eek:

Just joking, itīs a realy cool feeling to play with your body and without controller. If you like Eye Toy or Wii you might check it out. For a hardcore gamer itīs not the best it think...your decission.

I wait for Steel Battalion. Thats all i need.

Jmeeeh
05-05-2011, 01:18 PM
Its good for a group of people to get up and move. Different. Keeps you a bit fit. Good for little ones =D not a necessity but its good =D x

Miss Baby Kim
05-06-2011, 07:10 PM
Ive got bored of mine wish I had waited a year would of been a lot more titles this Xmas, Im hoping it gets better, as Kinect adventures and joyride have only been ones Ive liked so far

Coca Cola
05-06-2011, 08:37 PM
Only buy it if you want achievements(which you probably do.)The achievements are EXTREMELY easy. But it's up to you if it warrants 100$ JUST for achievements.

authentic
05-06-2011, 08:41 PM
The Kinect has a lot of potential they just need to come out with some better games.

BIGMatthew182
05-06-2011, 11:21 PM
Kinect is good revolutionary tech as the wii was many many years ago but like when the wii came out there are not many good games for "hardcore" gamers so if your weight consious with no injurys and if your not a die hard FPS fan its worth considering although in my advice very few good/ great games have been released as of yet and it would be best to wait till the price drops and the more eye catching games have been released but ultimately its up to you in the end not me as i already have one.

Impulse
05-07-2011, 12:08 AM
Because it's awesome! and there only touching the sides with the games they've released so far, better will be coming!

R353ARCHD35TROY
05-07-2011, 06:16 AM
After all this time, I'm still not really tempted...

I'm a pretty impulsive buyer, too!

Sorrel
05-07-2011, 07:34 PM
Ignoring the awesome games, I had so much fun yelling at my xbox to do things with the voice recognition.
Also, saved me a fortune in batteries for my controller :cool:

soulreleaser
05-07-2011, 11:02 PM
played it with dance central, but currently i'm not interested in buying one unless something awesome happens to come out. like Milo.

XxBuritoLoverxX
05-08-2011, 05:03 AM
You should buy it because you can do exercise and play games at the same time !

XI F3LLA IX
05-08-2011, 02:35 PM
Great fun and also great for achievements.

HammerIntoAnvil
05-09-2011, 05:31 AM
It really comes down to how much cash you have kicking around, after all, right now, there are no "must play" titles on the Kinect yet. That might change after this year's game conventions, especially if MS do announce that they are working on the next gen Xbox.

Be warned that the size of the room your Xbox lives in can affect enjoyment. You do need quite a bit of space to use it reliably.

samabam
05-09-2011, 08:04 AM
I'm on the fence about it too. On the one hand, it looks different and sorta fun. On the other hand, there aren't any games for it that I want, and I'll probably kick a hole in my tv....
decisions, decisions.....

AwesomeBigBear
05-09-2011, 02:00 PM
It's fun and it works great

Joeplay201
05-11-2011, 12:07 AM
Because you can hit home runs with your ''Johnson"

inSvein
05-11-2011, 12:50 AM
Don't buy it, yet.

Nice workouts with Kinect, but you will need space. If you do not have sufficient space you will have sufficient nerdrage. If you can do without the chicken dance and some virtual rowing for some months I would recommend you to wait until the game developers learn how to make the most out of it. At the moment it feels really like Nintedo Wii (Collector of dust).

slavick07
05-11-2011, 03:11 AM
yeah all the games are for kids really. like they are still fun to play if you are older, but you will get over them pretty quickely. good for parties i spose. i read somwhere that Rare ie kinect sports only uses 10% of the full potential ie kinect. wait til something decent comes out, or if it is on special.

Jellybean468
05-11-2011, 08:17 AM
I'll probably use mine when I redecorate my room with it in mind. It's a struggle to even play at the moment. Well, Kinectimals not so much, but half of the challenges in Kinect Adventures are almost impossible to play.

Ibrox1977
05-11-2011, 08:28 AM
Got a new 360 with a Kinect 6 weeks ago, be lucky if its been on 3 times.......

Kaz
05-11-2011, 08:29 AM
More games to achievement whore in.

Need I say more? :woop:

mjc0961
05-11-2011, 03:36 PM
Because it blends.

YouTube - Will it Blend - Kinect for Xbox 360

:D

hardmoney
05-12-2011, 03:39 AM
because you can hit home runs with your ''johnson"
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

MandieKun
05-18-2011, 11:04 PM
I own one, not worth it.
It's fun to have around for parties or whatever, but no good games are out yet. Wait for something like Milo or Star Wars :p

Bigdaddy79
05-20-2011, 12:37 AM
1. Great if you have kids, both you and the kids will love it.
2. Great for fitness, you are gonna feel it the day after.
3. Great with friends, laughing a lot!
4. You can actually learn to do stuff irl, example: Dance Central WILL teach you to dance if you give it the time.
5. I see some games that can be great in the future, example: If they make it work how cool will Star wars be? AWSOME!

Thatīs reasons for me:) hope it help you to make the right choice!
This person must be real out of shape.

Kievah
05-21-2011, 01:20 AM
I enjoy my Kinect, but after a long and, more often than not, horrible day at work, I don't have a great deal of time to game or chillax. Have a few games I'm working on at the moment, and the Kinect tends to take a backseat.

But the kids love the Kinect. My three year old daughter loves playing Kinectimals, and she can navigate the menus and work out the mini games just fine. And I find Adventures and Fighters Uncaged give decent cardio. Depends how much effort you put into it, and this is coming from someone who runs 3km and does regular weights training, ha.

Goodeye84
05-21-2011, 03:34 AM
I havn't played a ton other than what I did right at launch, however my kids have been in love with the device and the game, they always want to play kinect sports, or carnival games, or kinect adventures.

For me in that case it was worth the money

phodie
05-21-2011, 05:56 AM
Kinect is fun for parties when you're really drunk and don't mind looking like a fool playing Dance Central; pretty much the only time mine has been on. It's kind of cool just to have, to show off once in awhile to non gamer folk, they'll flip out and think it's the coolest thing ever.

It's really up to you, I've had it since launch and it's been played like 3 or 4 times max. otherwise it sits behind my TV...

I'd only really recommend it for the fitness games (if you're into that), or if you have kids, kids would probably love this thing.

owenshaw1990
05-21-2011, 05:04 PM
looking to buy this even if it is mainly for partys, the odd workout and for the girlfriend to use.

KFZ Scrubs
05-21-2011, 06:25 PM
To be honest..., unless you like dance central I wouldn't buy it right now. There really isn't anything good on there... but they're starting to release some better games now like Child of Eden and Powerup Hero's.

TMoneyDot1
06-03-2011, 05:04 PM
I'm not sure of the point of them in terms of games. I'm wary of the actual benefits in terms of health and fitness (much like the whole wii sports thing) and don't see any other applications of it that are any use. I'm certainly not getting one just on the off chance I can do some Minority Report menu scrolling.

Koki808
06-03-2011, 10:46 PM
I got a Kinect because my kids enjoy the Kinectimals and me and the guys play Kinect sports when we have free time and the wife enjoys Dance central with her friends when they get together

Mr Enkrypto
06-07-2011, 11:49 PM
Because Star Wars, that's why. Plus if you're technologically savvy, there are a lot of things you can do with the Kinect. At the moment, it looks like Microsoft are really expanding the system with the Kinect in mind.

Ivan Mendez
06-07-2011, 11:52 PM
I do not have one but I'm going to buy one because they are coming out with a scary survival horror kinect game.

Chrinst
06-09-2011, 09:21 AM
i went 4 months of not touching mine, but lately i've been playing Kinect heaps, i really cant wait for Rise Of Nightmares that looks awesome!

KingAntz
06-09-2011, 11:58 AM
I have it and love it...

if its set up correctly with enough room and light then it works perfectly... the games is well responsive and fun.

The voice control thing is brilliant, you can watch movies and tell it to stop, rewind, play etc.... its well freaky

sleepydumbdude
06-09-2011, 09:52 PM
I wouldn't yet. If you really wanted it you wouldn't be questioning it. I bought one for dance central and to play with friends. None of the games have really "wow"ed me. I've seen some refurbed online for for 75. I think one is worth picking up if you can get a good deal because I'm sure there will be some good games in the future but otherwise I'd wait.

TheRacistCactus
06-09-2011, 09:56 PM
I plan on waiting until there is a larger library of games for it. It might even be cheaper by then too.

XxBlueSpade2xX
06-09-2011, 11:35 PM
I'm waiting for Ghost Recon, that demo at E3 was insane.

solarhd
06-10-2011, 12:15 AM
Well, the Kinect is a blast at parties. It's an excellent workout and really it's pretty fun.

MRS THE NICK
06-11-2011, 10:57 PM
We've had our since launch, and i've barely used it. Like someonelse said, unless you have the space you won't get the full use out of it.

I tend to use it alot at work, someone has to show customers what to do lol, and i do enjoy it...but until theres some more titles released it may not be worth it quite yet, especially if you're not already overkeen.

We bought ours initially because of the hype, new toy etc........

It is great for families though, just maybe older kids!

kevin1996
06-12-2011, 11:57 PM
i havent decided if i am going to get on because really the only game i want for it is fable the journey but one game istnt enought for me to get one so if you know any other good titles that are going to be released please let me know

Giesje
06-13-2011, 01:16 PM
id say for the magic of it and for your health.
it feels awesome to have your xbox respond to mere movement :)

MRS THE NICK
06-16-2011, 07:40 PM
Nope, cant say we have.

We've only got a small room, so we don't have masses of space to move around, but as long as i'm the correct distance away, then it picks up all the movements fine.

I just make sure i move other objects out of the way first that could intefere with it scanning my body movements/images.

Do you know anyone that has one you could try? Or do you not have demo ones in game stores?

omegaxplicit
06-19-2011, 04:52 PM
child of eden nuff said

elitis
06-20-2011, 12:12 AM
one reason: ryse and kinect is actually pretty fun

MutantDuckling
06-20-2011, 12:17 AM
The kinect is goods for family game nights and stuff but other than that i dont play mine at all

elitis
06-20-2011, 12:28 AM
haha agreed

k17chy
06-23-2011, 02:25 PM
got it for the kids but its gathering dust as we speak:eek:

JRTowne
06-28-2011, 07:20 AM
as long as youre ok with a little excercise, i say go for it! i have a felling we will be seeing a lot of impresive games and features in the near future. we have just only just begun to experience the versatility of the Kinect.

HabsCen10ial
06-28-2011, 03:19 PM
I'm wondering about buying one myself. The fall dashboard update looks like it will be better with Kinect.

I haven't really seen any games I would like besides Rise of Nightmars but I still think maybe it would be worth it just for the voice control.

hmm decisions.

SpongebobRoundpants
06-28-2011, 05:38 PM
Buy one because your overweight !! LOL!!

HabsCen10ial
06-28-2011, 06:01 PM
Buy one because your overweight !! LOL!!

:eek: How did you know???

luuwat
06-29-2011, 10:47 AM
its very cheap now, why not? lose some weight and have fun!

dante1138
06-30-2011, 06:36 AM
Maybe just to fool around with the SDK for Visual Studio, you can try to do an app like Iron Man.

Hallowgraves
07-10-2011, 05:45 AM
If you're unsure to buy one or not then look up some reviews for it. Listen to what they have to say and see if it fits your play style. If that's not enough to convince you whether or not to buy one, try going to a Best Buy or electronic store. They usually have Kinects out on display so you can play them.

And if you are thinking of buying a Kinect, I recommend checking out reviews of games for it as well. Good luck.

41cole
07-10-2011, 05:47 AM
the game kinect adventures and kinect sports are realy good games

jmarting
07-12-2011, 10:40 PM
I can't find a good reason

chelseaman99
07-14-2011, 12:58 PM
In a way I'm surprised so few games are still using it ... I can think of lots of features that could be used in shooters. Actually throwing grenades, actually crouching, standing up (although I draw the line at going prone!), things like that.

Or just go all out and make a gun accessory.

Mangled Bodies
07-15-2011, 02:07 AM
You probably will only use it 5 times out of the year. It's fun but it requires a lot of room and I found it difficult to use because of that.

Unleashed Spawn
07-23-2011, 07:17 AM
It alll depends on various factors for a kinect.

1. do you have enough rom to start with, nothing worse than having to move stuff just to play the thing.
2. will you use it enough, by this i mean do you like gaming by moving about and jumping etc if your more a sit back and relax its not worth the cash

marxisgod
07-23-2011, 07:53 PM
I'm still on the fence, too. I feel like it has a lot of potential, but it still seems clunky, and the game selection just doesn't justify the price tag for me.

I'll be really excited to get one in a year or two when all the little kinks are worked out and a steady stream of good games are coming out for it.

shauwk
07-26-2011, 04:32 PM
well i bought a kinect a couple months ago cuz i was getting the xbox slim and was like ok whatever ill just buy the kinect bundle..since they always come out with something awesome for stuff like kinect.. andd it was fun i guess but i only played it for like a day and never played it again...anddd they still havent made anything awesome for kinect..i wish i could get my $150 back lol well great for kids though :)

xboxrevolution
07-26-2011, 06:29 PM
Give your fingers a rest

kelph1
07-26-2011, 06:42 PM
exercise, thats why I have one

ShinyNathan
08-11-2011, 01:55 PM
Fruit Ninja is a great Kinect game - cheap too.
Also Kinect Adventures, Sports, Dance Central and Your Shape: Fitness Evolved are good games to get you up and break out a sweat while having fun. The kids love Kinectimals.
And there is hope for the future with lots of games like Star Wars and Fable...

Overcharge420
08-11-2011, 02:42 PM
I'm looking to buy a Kinect Also, I'm just waiting to receive my salary, I want him to do a home gym hehehehehehehe :p

Maka
08-11-2011, 03:26 PM
Because you can get them for pretty cheap on eBay.

Fruit Ninja is a great Kinect game - cheap too.
Also Kinect Adventures, Sports, Dance Central and Your Shape: Fitness Evolved are good games to get you up and break out a sweat while having fun. The kids love Kinectimals.
And there is hope for the future with lots of games like Star Wars and Fable...

It's $0.99 for it on iOS. 800 MSP is not cheap, should be less.

kayko
08-11-2011, 06:48 PM
I agree! Fruit Ninja Kinect get low scores at IGN, it's not worth 800 MSP, IMO.

Sid Quij
08-12-2011, 03:27 AM
I'm also on the fence about this product. There really isn't a killer app for it yet, so until they release something that is more than a tech demo it's a no for me.