PDA

View Full Version : rank a

pinky83
05-05-2011, 06:49 PM
how easy is it to get rank a online?

LLC2003
05-06-2011, 12:19 PM
I would like information on this myself... I am a fan of the VT series but don't want to invest 60 hours online like I did for VT2009.

Has anyone got this achievement, or any ideas on the criteria/time involved?

LeMansFahrer
05-06-2011, 08:05 PM
You will need more than 10 hours. If you boost it, Private Match, 6 games, 5 Sets, you can make it in about 12-15 hours depending on how much fun you have. Get your Ranked Wins first before boosting it seeing that they count as well. It goes very fast and easy until you get Rank C1, from there on it takes quite some time to rank up.

clique republic
05-06-2011, 11:25 PM
It's a pain in the cunting ass and Sega deserve to be shot for such a fuck awful achievement.

For starters it's misleading - it's not "rank", it's "level" and requires no skill. For seconds, the xp you get seems to be based, as far as I can tell, on the number of games and sets played and not on time spent in game. So you get the same XP for winning a love game in 60 seconds as you do for losing a game spent at deuce for 5 minutes.

Thirdly, as someone already mentioned, you make mildly decent progress just playing the game until you hit C1, and at that point it's like trying to shit into the wrong end of a funnel. Games that filled up a third of the bar previously now fill up AT BEST a fifth, and that's if you engineer it to get as many games as possible out of the sets. If you were playing for fun to try and get the achievement, this absolutely deflates you. And of course, no rewards for droppers which makes trying to see out serious matches with randoms almost impossible.

You also can't skip cutscenes and replays online which is the fucking worst.

I also like this game, to the point that I don't want to overplay it and wind up hating it. But, because it sold as badly as it did in Europe, because it's not REALISTIX OLOLOLO like Top Spin, no one is fucking playing it so you can't play it casually online, take a break and come back to it in 3 months to play it, because the online community won't exist, like 95% of all other XBL titles. Which means - you don't have a whole lot of choice other than to find a boosting partner or grind it quickly.

With all due respect to our American chums, I'm glad there's going to be fresh meat on Tuesday. Gives us an extension on grabbing this one.

At the time of writing, there are 8 people playing online, including me. And none of them are in ranked as far as I can tell.

When I hit C1 and saw how lolworthy meter built, I took the lead of the first guy to get the achievement since I had "played" him, borrowed a Wildfire controller from a friend and taped down the A button. If you do this whilst hovering over the ranked option in the XBL menu you'll endlessly loop into ranked matches and automatically serve, so your opponent can put them past you, win 2-0 and you get a small amount of XP - all adds up, right? The only problem in ranked is that, of course, sometimes you run into people who want to play. And they deliberately cunt around to try and get your attention. It's fair enough though, and any of these people I'm quite happy to competitively play in 1, 3 or 5 set player matches, as they probably won't drop...

I don't condone doing this but it's such a fucking garbage achievement and arguably ruins online because dicks like me need to whip out the autofire. The sooner online achievements are banned forever the better. Dicks everywhere. Dicks.

Sorry. Think I may have ranted. And this post is longer than the rest of my posts combined...

WithTheDawn
05-09-2011, 02:54 PM
Chill dude, just don't get that one achievement. Not like anyone here has realistically full scored either of the other 2 on the 360 anyway.

LLC2003
05-12-2011, 12:18 PM
Chill dude, just don't get that one achievement. Not like anyone here has realistically full scored either of the other 2 on the 360 anyway.

I have 970/1000 in Virtua Tennis 3 and 1000/1000 in Virtua Tennis 2009. Both are completely legit.

amacteur
05-12-2011, 12:39 PM
I'm off topic but a quick question to LLC2003 :D

I'm stuck at 950G in VT3, any tips for the 250 running shot points achievement, this one drives me mad :eek:

Thx in advance ;)

You can send me a PM!

mark21667
05-13-2011, 09:58 AM
Ok, I'm gonna go for this cheev. I have a boosting partner.

What is the most efficient way? Quick wins? Lengthy 5 setters? Will quitting help?

WithTheDawn
05-15-2011, 04:00 AM
I have 970/1000 in Virtua Tennis 3 and 1000/1000 in Virtua Tennis 2009. Both are completely legit.

You have way too much free time if you've maxed out 2009. Must be what, another 100 hours just to boost the last achievement?

LLC2003
05-17-2011, 12:07 PM
I'm off topic but a quick question to LLC2003 :D

I'm stuck at 950G in VT3, any tips for the 250 running shot points achievement, this one drives me mad :eek:

Thx in advance ;)

You can send me a PM!

Best thing to do for this is get someone to play local co-op. I used my 12 year old nephew and bribed him with phone credit.

Just keep getting them to play it in the opposite corner and attempt to run and hit it. From what I remember if you make a grunt sound it counts as a running shot.

After a while you will get the feel of it and 250 should take you no more than 1-2 hours.

LLC2003
05-17-2011, 12:14 PM
You have way too much free time if you've maxed out 2009. Must be what, another 100 hours just to boost the last achievement?

Luckily I have a dual Xbox setup so thankfully I 'only' had to win 650 games, and not return the favour for someone else.

250 Ranked
250 Player
150 Online Tour (these refresh every week)

As with any boosting or grinding, give yourself a daily limit, mine was 25 ranked games a day - this took about 1-2 hours depending on how easy I could match up. Once I got myself in a routine and mixed it up with enjoyable gaming it didn't seem that bad. (It was a walk in the park compared to boosting Seriously - now that was a pain)

clique republic
05-19-2011, 05:22 PM

That's fair enough but I really hate finding myself in a position where I'm one achievement from completion in games. It bugs me far more than it should.

Anyway, I got it after lots and lots of grinding...

TheWeirdingWay
05-24-2011, 09:24 PM
Not being able to skip cutscenes and replays is complete bullshit. This piece of crap achev would be tolerable otherwise!!!!! online achevs blow!!!!!!!!

WithTheDawn
05-25-2011, 01:49 PM
I find the online really laggy on this game as well...half a second lag in a tennis game makes a pretty huge difference. I can adjust for it for the most part with serves and the like, but it screws you over when you need to suddenly run the other way or something.

DinoRoar
05-26-2011, 12:34 PM
Online is laggy on both X360 & PS3, so it's a Sega issue again.
Rank A is looking to take about 20 hours of actual play.... Boosting all the way i think..

Virtua Tennis 4: Trophy Guide & Roadmap (http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/virtua-tennis-4/107699-virtua-tennis-4-trophy-guide-road-map.html)

PeaceSquid
06-28-2011, 03:26 PM
Oh man. This was the worst achievement EVER.

It takes waaaay longer than 10 hours too.

rdw040
06-28-2011, 09:02 PM
Online is laggy on both X360 & PS3, so it's a Sega issue again.
Rank A is looking to take about 20 hours of actual play.... Boosting all the way i think..

Virtua Tennis 4: Trophy Guide & Roadmap (http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/virtua-tennis-4/107699-virtua-tennis-4-trophy-guide-road-map.html)

HeHe PC versions fine for lag. Instead we get glitchy achievements.

DinoRoar
07-02-2011, 10:49 AM
I had 23 hours of online play when i finished this game.
My recommendation is to find an online partner to boost with.

It takes a while, but just keep at it.

Frozen
07-02-2011, 05:26 PM
I've been playing ranked matches without boosting for around 19hs, and I'm rank B4, almost B3, but the bar fills very slowly, and you have to take into account that I actually PLAY matches.

Being unable to skip cutscenes is an EPIC FAIL from SEGA, but at this point, I'm not surprised about all the glitches this game has. I'm a big fan of VT3 and I know a ton of glitches of the game.