PDA

View Full Version : Born Survivor ach.

Bobo
05-07-2011, 11:10 PM
Just to let all two of the other guys in the world playing this game know... any time i saw the incapacitated screen i dashboarded to be extra safe and loaded up and continued on... falling off cliffs or anything else that just immediately resets you is fine... i got the ach. with no probs after the train ride

NeonInVermont
05-08-2011, 03:16 AM
Good to know. Ill make sure to remember that, just to be safe.
Hopefully the other guy playing this game will read that also. :p

Painkiller Q8
05-08-2011, 06:49 AM
Why dashboard ? You can just click start and reload-checkpoints

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/1247/+H32yQ==.jpg (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../game/man-vs-wild/achievement/52465-Born-Survivor.html)Born Survivor (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../game/man-vs-wild/achievement/52465-Born-Survivor.html)100 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.png Complete all episodes without passing out

Hardest achievement in the game; and it's honestly not that difficult. Must not pass out at any point during the game. Levels are replayable at any time. Once you get used to the controls and levels, this won't be or sound so impossible. Passing out constitutes being killed by an animal (bear, gator etc), or succumbing to the elements of heat exhaustion, freezing etc. Once used to the levels and the collecting is complete, you can rush through a level in less than 15 minutes. You CAN reload checkpoints. I've fallen off a cliff and paused in midair and reloaded a checkpoint before. If it still doesn't unlock, do all the levels in one sitting by continuing with A after you complete one. As long as you don't get the "Bear has been Incapacitated" screen, you're good.

NeonInVermont
05-09-2011, 01:30 PM
Is there anyway to tell what levels you have completed without passing out? Like when your at the title screen picking a level does it have a little symbol stating you did it?

Xenolith666
05-09-2011, 02:25 PM
Is there anyway to tell what levels you have completed without passing out? Like when your at the title screen picking a level does it have a little symbol stating you did it?

Unfortunately there isn't. You're better off playing the levels in order in one sitting.

CrustyDirtDemon
05-11-2011, 04:52 AM
im gonna have to run through all the levels again and use the dashboard method if needed, because I reloaded checkpoints and DID NOT get the cheevo... GAY AS HELL, GAME SUCKS SERIOUS BALLS!

NiteJokester
05-15-2011, 07:26 AM
im gonna have to run through all the levels again and use the dashboard method if needed, because I reloaded checkpoints and DID NOT get the cheevo... GAY AS HELL, GAME SUCKS SERIOUS BALLS!

I have been saying the same thing all day. I can manage the entire game but that damn bear... UGH!

anthonyd46
05-26-2011, 06:36 AM
This worked for me

First i just assumed i could hit b and quit to main menu and reload the game that didnt work

At this point i loaded my save to a memory stick i dunno if this made a difference or not

So after finishing the game i never saw the dying screen on levels 3 and 5 so i didnt have to worry bout those so i went in order.

Level 1: 1 bear kill on the dying screen DASHBOARDED then reloaded game
Level 2: Anytime i saw the alligator animation of about to die i hit LOAD CHECKPOINT BEFORE the dying screen could come up
Level 3: Played it to be safe but never got the dying screen or nothing
Level 4: Just was careful of geisers never saw dying screen

Achievement popped after the quiz questions on the stats screen of level 4

I let the videos start up in each level and just kept hitting continue never quit out between the levels only time i left the game was in level 1 when i dashboarded.

Xenolith666
05-26-2011, 03:36 PM
I have been saying the same thing all day. I can manage the entire game but that damn bear... UGH!

You have a few seconds to actually hit the buttons to escape the bear, just be a little patient with it, and you'll get it.

Gonzogasm
07-21-2011, 05:01 AM
so you don't have to actually run through this whole game in one sitting? You can just replay the level that you died in? Because I know there were a couple levels in didnt die or anything and I don't feel like playing them again.

Unholy Jones
07-29-2011, 09:03 PM
All I had left to do was the Rocky Mountains level and I tried the dashboard method. Still didn't work for me.

Phrozan
05-19-2013, 02:51 PM
so you don't have to actually run through this whole game in one sitting? You can just replay the level that you died in? Because I know there were a couple levels in didnt die or anything and I don't feel like playing them again.

I am playing this game right now and I was wondering the same thing. I died once on Rocky Mountain and I would really just like to go replay this level and not have to come back to it. Especially while it is fresh in my mind.

OKHorrific
11-02-2013, 03:12 PM
OK, here is the deal with born survivor...

If you have died on any level, all you have to do is replay that level. not the entire game. I just replayed all the levels i died on (on the same difficulty) and the achievement popped right after the quiz.

I hope this helps.

I don't know about anyone else, but i actually had more fun replaying the levels once you learn the controls and know what to do.