PDA

View Full Version : Is this game awesome or what?

Zombii Panda
05-08-2011, 02:48 AM
I remember hearing about it and some people were saying it's bad, including my friend who sold it to me for cheap.

A lot of people are ticked off by the voice acting but I'm on my 3rd playthrough within less than a week and I absolutely love this game, I'm actually going to be sad once I've done everything. xD

The voice acting really isn't that bad, I mean...the daughter is pretty annoying but there's some other decent voice actors/actresses in there.

I really love the story as well, how there's always something new to find out and 'nothing is as it seems' as it says on the back.

Also, apparently Nier and Drakengard are set in the same world (One of the Drakengard endings has a Nier reference I believe).

Opiate42
05-12-2011, 05:57 PM
Drakengard?

Megaman 8bit
05-14-2011, 11:51 PM
I remember hearing about it and some people were saying it's bad, including my friend who sold it to me for cheap.

A lot of people are ticked off by the voice acting but I'm on my 3rd playthrough within less than a week and I absolutely love this game, I'm actually going to be sad once I've done everything. xD

The voice acting really isn't that bad, I mean...the daughter is pretty annoying but there's some other decent voice actors/actresses in there.

I really love the story as well, how there's always something new to find out and 'nothing is as it seems' as it says on the back.

Also, apparently Nier and Drakengard are set in the same world (One of the Drakengard endings has a Nier reference I believe).

yeah about the drakengard thats what i heard too i loved drakengard it was kinda tough but it was fun :D hoping this game is good too my friend said its good minus the voice acting so i picked it up for 15 bucks today

Opiate42
05-16-2011, 03:42 PM
Never played Drakengard myself, but do really dig cross-game tie-ins.

Well I'm just over halfway on my first run on Nier and gotta say I'm enjoying it minus the tedious side quests which are a great way to put yourself to sleep. *not worried about Lightspeed Warrior here, am a bit of a side quest junkie so running them all off in my first go. I'll be glad to have done with all of them so I don't have to worry about fetch quests or fishing if/when I do another run. As side quests go, they're pretty boring.

Voice acting is okay, though most of the dialogue is text-based, very old school. Though I love hearing Kaine swear her head off at Weiss, or anything and anyone for that matter. There's something about a woman in her underwear swearing like a sailor. Always very entertaining. :p

Found the game for $10 on a deal and it's very very "different". It's a pretty strange game even by Square Enix standards.

PaleVoyager
05-23-2011, 10:47 PM
A woman in her underwear with a penis. :)

Kaine's a total herm.

Zombii Panda
05-31-2011, 04:11 AM
Yeah, it's a great game...some of the voice acting is crap, Weiss is the best though.

Kaine isn't actually a herm, she just has a male shade in her. (IN HER LOLOL)

Opiate42
06-01-2011, 03:17 PM
The story is pretty messed up. And thought it was really interesting how the perspective in the cutscenes shifted in the B ending run, even different dialogue with the main characters. It's pretty crazy.

Kaine I think was pretty foul-mouthed and ass-kicking even before she got the male shade "inside her" hahaha.

Zombii Panda
06-04-2011, 07:33 PM
Hehe, I loved the style of B playthrough as well.

I skipped all of the cut scenes that I'd already seen though so whether I missed anything in those I'm not sure, I liked the king vs boar shade scene.

Opiate42
06-10-2011, 09:15 PM
The music is what gets me, just finishing up the last 5 weapons on my C run now (damn bracelets and black pearls!!) and more often then not when I'm at work or anywhere else music from different areas of the game keep popping into my head. The Village and Desert themes are the most persistent. It's not even annoying, actually finding it very relaxing.

The mother and son shades in the Junk Heap scene rattled me a bit, didn't see that coming. Then of course that led to "Beepy".

Neverender
06-15-2011, 03:21 PM
I just got done with my first run through (Ending A), and I'm really liking this game. The only thing that annoys me is Emil, though. That kid just never shuts up, and he cries constantly...

Dajsius
06-15-2011, 10:58 PM
I think only certain people can enjoy the story and it's characters. I absolutely loved this game.

The music gave me eargasm's. Haha. jk.
I also liked the bantering.

Zombii Panda
06-22-2011, 11:45 AM
The music is what gets me, just finishing up the last 5 weapons on my C run now (damn bracelets and black pearls!!) and more often then not when I'm at work or anywhere else music from different areas of the game keep popping into my head. The Village and Desert themes are the most persistent. It's not even annoying, actually finding it very relaxing.

The mother and son shades in the Junk Heap scene rattled me a bit, didn't see that coming. Then of course that led to "Beepy".

Yeah, kinda gave me a whole new insight on the game, I no longer saw shades as bad guys really but more considered the characters you play as being bad.

The music is great but when you're hunting down items for upgrading weapons it does nearly drive you insane. XD