PDA

View Full Version : NHL free agency

bosInFusioN
07-02-2007, 09:53 PM
Scott Gomez and Chris Drury to the rangers :o

Briere to the flyers!

Mathieu Schneider to the ducks!

Awesome first couple days, any thoughts on the free agents still unsigned?

L3giOn
07-02-2007, 10:32 PM
Fuck that shit. :mad: The Sabres gave away their best players. Now they'll never win the Cup. :(

shadow sniper
07-02-2007, 10:56 PM
ok gomez is now the most over payed player in the nhl i dont care wut anyone says so i happy his out cuz all the money omg never!, but rafalski going is a downer.toronto is a winer wit blake.buffalo are the biggst losers cuz they lost there 2 big guns some how the ducks made a good move geting maty Schneider.the oilers didnt do much good and vancuver has to be the dumst canadian team cuz they didnt do much of anything the flyeres giveing that french men all that money was dum there not gonna have any cap room down the road,but i still say gomez is the most over payed in the nhl.even so the rangers sould now win the atlantic or place in 2ed.2ed only to the pens and nj gonna have a hard time wining games.eilas and gionta are gonna have to put some numbers on the bored

**(as allways sorry if my spelling is bad)**

DeW222
07-02-2007, 11:17 PM
It was interesting. Pittsburgh seems to be moving in a great direction by bringing in some veterans. Rangers stacked their lines. Buffalo and Jersey got some big talent pried from them. Avalanche got a worthy addition. Dallas is down a few good players. Anaheim is risking one of their star players retiring early. Toronto got a good addition.

My flames seem to be... I don't what to call it. I have faith in Sutter, he has done no wrong yet, but he's neither rebuilding nor reloading. He's kind of just shuffling the deck by picking up some new defense while letting some others go.

bosInFusioN
07-03-2007, 12:23 AM
My habs stole your Roman Hamrlik today, a move I'm pretty happy about. :D

And after the season the sabres had I doubt they'd be able to afford to keep those players anyways :(

shadow sniper
07-03-2007, 12:54 AM
It was interesting. Pittsburgh seems to be moving in a great direction by bringing in some veterans. Rangers stacked their lines. Buffalo and Jersey got some big talent pried from them. Avalanche got a worthy addition. Dallas is down a few good players. Anaheim is risking one of their star players retiring early. Toronto got a good addition.

My flames seem to be... I don't what to call it. I have faith in Sutter, he has done no wrong yet, but he's neither rebuilding nor reloading. He's kind of just shuffling the deck by picking up some new defense while letting some others go.

look at it this way...your flames will do better then the oilers so that sould make you happy

xVanished
07-03-2007, 01:15 AM

Iginla is such a smart player, he told Sutter to give him LESS money so the team can have more money to get better players. LIKE COME ON... How smart is he.. Hes such a great hockey player. Sutter is lucky to have him

And to add on, Buffalo.. OUCH.. And NYR NICEE

shadow sniper
07-03-2007, 01:32 AM
Iginla is such a smart player, he told Sutter to give him LESS money so the team can have more money to get better players. LIKE COME ON... How smart is he.. Hes such a great hockey player. Sutter is lucky to have him

And to add on, Buffalo.. OUCH.. And NYR NICEE

to be fair lots of playeres do that brodeur and eilas did that last season so the devils could keep gionta,gomez and rafalsik.didnt do much good did it

bosInFusioN
07-03-2007, 10:11 AM
Wrong sport but Peyton Manning did that after winning the super bowl, trying to make it two years in a row :p.

Todd Bertuzzi to the ducks? Wtf are they trying to build an all star team over there?

Wolf
07-03-2007, 05:16 PM
God, I hope this works out for my Rangers. Drury will be fine because he's always wanted to be a Ranger, but I think Gomez might be chasing money.

DeW222
07-03-2007, 07:17 PM
look at it this way...your flames will do better then the oilers so that sould make you happy

Not that hard to do much better than the oilers right now :p

Iginla's a great guy, and he's like a son to Calgary. He's been there for a dozen seasons and was born in Edmonton. He likes it there and wants to stay. Definitely a player I'm glad to have on my favorite team.

Todd Bertuzzi to the ducks? Wtf are they trying to build an all star team over there?

They're reshuffling the deck because they're afraid they'll loose Scott Niedermayer and a couple other players.

scarface12091983
07-09-2007, 02:57 AM
yes the sabres lost both Drury and Briere, but their contracts were't worth it by the end of the contracts both will be late into their 30's and not produce as they once did

bosInFusioN
07-09-2007, 09:23 AM
Sheldon Souray still unsigned. Makes me happy because I hate that man.

Glyndinn
07-09-2007, 04:20 PM
If I lose one more of my Red Wings to Anaheim, I'm gonna have a breakdown.

JoHnOfDaDeAd
07-12-2007, 07:05 PM
rangers pwn

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/2874/lundysigfixedcopyhs7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Guamon
07-13-2007, 02:40 AM
Sheldon Souray still unsigned. Makes me happy because I hate that man.

Funny that you hate him and you live in Montreal. I didn't like him when the Leafs faced the Habs. He has a great blast from the point though. Good souray signed in edmonton and it means the leafs won't have to face souray every again.

bosInFusioN
07-13-2007, 01:50 PM
Funny that you hate him and you live in Montreal. I didn't like him when the Leafs faced the Habs. He has a great blast from the point though. Good souray signed in edmonton and it means the leafs won't have to face souray every again.
I hated him for personal reasons. He was a douchebag off the ice, I met him a few times in bars around the Montreal area, all of the other habs I met were great people but Sheldon was a snob.

Turbo VDuB 44
07-13-2007, 11:42 PM
Sabres will never win the cup...they trade Biron for Zubrus and dump him...get rid of drury and briere..now they keep taking the Amerks talent, whom they share with the Panthers....damn it buffalo :mad:

JoHnOfDaDeAd
07-13-2007, 11:47 PM

sundin won tha gold because of THE KING

Guamon
07-14-2007, 07:38 PM
sundin won tha gold because of THE KING

Who's "The King" lol

DeW222
07-15-2007, 08:40 PM
I get the impression JoHnOfDaDeAd (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/member.php?u=5430) likes to spam.

On topic... there are still a LOT of deals that I haven't seen go down. I'm also pretty happy that Boooooooogaard from the Wild hasn't signed anywhere. Maybe he'll go away all together. Anyone know of anyone else who's just kind of floating around? I don't think Hossa from the rangers has signed anywhere yet.

Guamon
07-16-2007, 03:28 PM
They might've recieved an offer but they thought they are worth more so they might've applied for salary arbitration. I'm not to sure but it might be the case for big names who haven't signed yet.

JoHnOfDaDeAd
07-16-2007, 04:40 PM
THE KING is Henrik Lundqvist:)...and no i h8 spammers:)...and to prove me no spammer:) every1 here in nyc no him as The KING lolz:)

Guamon
07-17-2007, 05:27 AM
THE KING is Henrik Lundqvist:)...and no i h8 spammers:)...and to prove me no spammer:) every1 here in nyc no him as The KING lolz:)

Oh. I didn't know that. It's good that the NYR signed him because they signed Drury and Gomez. I think they will have a great 07-08 season. Lundqvist should've known what Sundin was gonna do on a break- away :p

MangeM
07-18-2007, 01:32 PM
Lundqvist was without a doubt an important player in the olympics, but it was a team effort.
Sundin did his job, Lundqvist as well, not to mention the five Red Wings on the team.
Heck, I could go on and on about every single player, but I won't. ;)

And don't forget the great coach, not only did he manage a "star" team in getting the Olympic gold, a far less "known" team (namewise at least) also snagged the World Championship a while after.
Despite all the typical journalist blabber he did what he felt was right, and with an olympic and world championship gold to show for it, their complaints were proven to be unfounded.

Sorry for going a bit O/T.

Semi On-Topic, Forsberg's latest foot surgery seems to be healing right (hopefully at least), if so he's once more a candidate for discussion.
Colorado is still an option, but he might also stay in Sweden and play in Modo as he always wanted to win the swedish leage too.
With Modo winning the title last year, they're once again favourites for the title this this year.

Ah well, time will tell I guess.

Guamon
07-19-2007, 02:46 AM
Lundqvist was without a doubt an important player in the olympics, but it was a team effort.
Sundin did his job, Lundqvist as well, not to mention the five Red Wings on the team.
Heck, I could go on and on about every single player, but I won't. ;)

And don't forget the great coach, not only did he manage a "star" team in getting the Olympic gold, a far less "known" team (namewise at least) also snagged the World Championship a while after.
Despite all the typical journalist blabber he did what he felt was right, and with an olympic and world championship gold to show for it, their complaints were proven to be unfounded.

Sorry for going a bit O/T.

Semi On-Topic, Forsberg's latest foot surgery seems to be healing right (hopefully at least), if so he's once more a candidate for discussion.
Colorado is still an option, but he might also stay in Sweden and play in Modo as he always wanted to win the swedish leage too.
With Modo winning the title last year, they're once again favourites for the title this this year.

Ah well, time will tell I guess.

Great insight!!! I bet Forsberg would be great if his foot injury totally healed. Colorado got Ryan Smyth already :mad: sharing is caring :p