PDA

View Full Version : How I fixed my glitched DLC achievements

ANIM4L
05-08-2011, 11:33 PM
Ok, first and foremost let me rant a little about how much EA sucks, this game came out months ago and there is still no patch available and no word on its release. It's not a microsoft problem either... EA it's your damn game!

Now that I got that out of my system, let me make this clear I am not taking any credit for the method on how to do this. I am however taking credit for applying and testing its use for this game.

***Note: Please make sure you have all of the other "obtainable" achievements before you do this. I made the mistake of doing this before I got the Beast achievement and now have to start from scratch.

This was tested on a 360 Elite, with a 256MB MU and 2GB USB thumb drive. I did not have a HDD connected on my 360. (Not sure if that makes a difference but I figured I might mention it.)

Now these following steps will walk you through how to reset your stats for this game that are tied into your XBOX 360 Profile. This will not affect any of your other games, so no worries.

1.)Move your current profile onto your USB thumb drive. Along with your saves and DLC for this game. (Again, not sure if this makes a difference but I'm letting you know exactly what I did.)

2.)Clear your system cache. (Please google how to do this, if you don't know how.)

3.)Load up Army of Two 40th Day, as the EA logo appears, remove the USB thumb drive from your XBOX. You'll now see a message saying to reinsert the memory device, ignore this.

4.)Now start a new solo campaign, just before you select a new save to start the game (which in my case was on my MU) reinsert the thumb drive. Make sure to hit the Home button to check to see if your profile has reloaded.

5.)Now start the game. If everything worked accordingly, when your in your new game press start, and check your statistics everything should read 0. If it doesn't you did something wrong.

6.)If the above step worked, reconnect to XBOX Live and download the update for the game.
*** It's being reported that some are having issues with this step. If there are any issues, back out to the dashboard, then reload the game and accept the update.

7.)Now select your USB thumb drive with your saves, as your save device. Start the campaign, select a completed save, and replay the DLC to unlock any previously glitched achievements.

EDIT: Thanks to Son of Kyuss, for testing with a Slim 360 and HDD.

Agent Aero
05-08-2011, 11:38 PM
So doing this method erases all of your stats, but makes the DLC obtainable?

ANIM4L
05-09-2011, 01:18 AM
Yes that's exactly what this does, and it worked for me. I managed to unlock all of the DLC today that had glitched because I played MP before the DLC had come out.

rordor59
05-09-2011, 01:59 AM
Has anyone else gotten this to work that you know of?? Also, if ayone gets this to work please confirm here.

Son of Kyuss
05-09-2011, 02:51 AM
Oh my lordy, if this works I'll flip out like a child on Christmas. I wrote this off as one of those games I'll never 100% because of a stupid glitch thanks to EA not throughly testing their stuff.

I'll try this tomorrow and report back if I was successful.

EDIT: This method is actually similar to what the PS3 owners had to do to unlock their glitched trophies for the CoD DLC. They needed to clear their stats completely before being able to unlock them.

FarmerJay
05-09-2011, 03:38 AM
Wow. Confirmed. Working for me. I love you man.

I did it with the exact same set up/hardware. But if you don't have a memory card (MU) or you have a slim, you should be able to substitute the HDD for the memory card and it should still work.

rordor59
05-09-2011, 03:49 AM
Glad to hear it is working. I just want to know one thing. How the **** did you figure this out?!?! I don't know many people (actually nobody) pulling out usb drive from their xbox just because. Either way great job! May hold on to this technique for future uses

L0Straniero91
05-09-2011, 10:40 AM
This USB method is now very useful for glitched games.

I think that it might work even for Dark Void and other games that saves things in your profile and glitch!

Very nice find, so at the end we, gamers, are better to fix stuff instead of the lazy developers :p

ANIM4L
05-09-2011, 02:40 PM
Glad to hear it is working. I just want to know one thing. How the **** did you figure this out?!?! I don't know many people (actually nobody) pulling out usb drive from their xbox just because. Either way great job! May hold on to this technique for future uses

Had to do something similar for sniper: ghost warrior, and had mentioned what I did to a friend who said he had to do something similar for C&C3, so I figured what the hell can't really hurt (other than starting from scratch on The Beast) so I gave it a try.

I can't being to tell you what it felt like when they started unlocking!:woop:

ANIM4L
05-09-2011, 02:42 PM
Say thanks with 5 stars and a sticky, because your all very welcome.:drunk

Just want to thank everyone on the X360A forums you guys are the best, glad I was able to help you all out.

Son of Kyuss
05-09-2011, 03:35 PM
Worked perfectly for me, Paging Dr. Wu popped up, as it always should've, going down the elevator.

I did this on a Slim console and I didn't have to take out my harddrive. You don't really have to disconnect your internet since declining the update after clearing your cache will put you offline anyways and the EA logo remains on screen for quite some time. Still, it's hard to believe I can finally get 1250 now!

Thanks again for finally discovering a way to unlock the achievements.

ANIM4L
05-09-2011, 06:44 PM
Worked perfectly for me, Paging Dr. Wu popped up, as it always should've, going down the elevator.

I did this on a Slim console and I didn't have to take out my harddrive. You don't really have to disconnect your internet since declining the update after clearing your cache will put you offline anyways and the EA logo remains on screen for quite some time. Still, it's hard to believe I can finally get 1250 now!

Thanks again for finally discovering a way to unlock the achievements.

Glad it worked for you. Thanks for testing it out on the slim. The whole hard drive and internet thing was what my buddy had told me to do, since he had to to it for C&C3. I'll adjust my walk through when I get home, thanks again for the info.

Live4Life
05-10-2011, 02:32 AM
Way to go Animal! I might just do this tonight!

Acheru
05-10-2011, 12:09 PM
Oh, my God! I need to stop working, go home and try this! And name my first offspring Anim4l, if I ever have children.

Thanks mate!

Son of Kyuss, since I also have a slim model, I'd like to ask you about how you adapted the process. Did you do something significantly different from the process Anim4l details in his post?

Thanks again!

The fake chow
05-10-2011, 01:48 PM
Great find and I will try it, but one question do you need to have all of the original achievements to do this? I don't have 100% on the first 1000 just want to see. Thanks.

ABouncingSoul
05-10-2011, 02:05 PM
This may even work for ghostbusters since it seems that those achievements that glitched out were based on if you had played the game before or not. I already have the achievements for that game, but it is just a thought for anyone that still needs them.

Son of Kyuss
05-10-2011, 03:14 PM
Son of Kyuss, since I also have a slim model, I'd like to ask you about how you adapted the process. Did you do something significantly different from the process Anim4l details in his post?

Nope I followed it exactly without disconnecting the internet (since you'll get disconnected once you clear your system's cache) and taking out my harddrive (since I was too lazy too)

ImpendIn_Agony
05-10-2011, 04:12 PM
*Golf Clap*...........No wait

*Ovation* http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/supajb/my%20stuff/36aa87ab.gif

ANIM4L
05-10-2011, 04:52 PM
Great find and I will try it, but one question do you need to have all of the original achievements to do this? I don't have 100% on the first 1000 just want to see. Thanks.

I would recommend getting them before you do this, as I mention in the walkthrough this will reset all stats to 0, I'm almost sure this applies to the MP achievements, i.e. getting a kill with all of the weapons, though I don't think MP has a menu to check your stats.

Molloy2006
05-10-2011, 05:53 PM
Can anyone advise me what I am doing wrong? I followed all steps, and when I load up the new game my stats are gone like its supposed to be. So i connect to live, download the update. But when i reload my completed game save all my stats have returned, and the after playing through chapter 8, no achievements.

Son of Kyuss
05-10-2011, 06:04 PM
Can anyone advise me what I am doing wrong? I followed all steps, and when I load up the new game my stats are gone like its supposed to be. So i connect to live, download the update. But when i reload my completed game save all my stats have returned, and the after playing through chapter 8, no achievements.

Were you actually signed in when you put your USB/MU back in?

Molloy2006
05-10-2011, 06:06 PM
I am signed in when I load up the game, pull out the usb, get ready to start a new game, put in the usb and it seems to sign me back in. Are ur total stats 0 even when playin the dlc chapters?

Son of Kyuss
05-10-2011, 06:10 PM
I am signed in when I load up the game, pull out the usb, get ready to start a new game, put in the usb and it seems to sign me back in. Are ur total stats 0 even when playin the dlc chapters?

Did you actually start the new game? I made sure to watch the entire opening and once I actually had control of Salem I checked my stats and everything was 0. That was when I went back to the dashboard, downloaded the update and played through CoD.

Molloy2006
05-10-2011, 06:13 PM
yeah i waiting until I had control of salem, so I could check my stats. The problem just seems to come when i load up the old save

Son of Kyuss
05-10-2011, 06:15 PM
yeah i waiting until I had control of salem, so I could check my stats. The problem just seems to come when i load up the old save

Hurm... I can't really figure out what would be causing the problem, but have you tried playing through Chapters of Deceit with your new save rather than loading up your old?

EDIT: You moved everything in the 40th Day section of your harddrive onto the USB, yes? When I loaded up my Army of Two, I didn't remove or put the files back onto my harddrive.

Molloy2006
05-10-2011, 06:23 PM
yeah everything ao2 related is on the usb. The new save still has the stats once i connect to live

Son of Kyuss
05-10-2011, 06:25 PM
Alright, post the steps YOU did and I'll see if I can pinpoint what could be the problem (based on how I did it).

Molloy2006
05-10-2011, 06:30 PM
Ok it has finally seemed to allow me to be connected to live in the dlc with 0 stats, after about 5 goes. I think the step i was getting wrong was, once i loaded up the new save and checked the stats 0, i just hit reconnect to live. But this time i quit out normally, and dashboarded it. So 'll play through now, and see if I have any luck with the achievements unlocking! Thanks Sons of Kyruss for the suggestions!!

TriRock
05-10-2011, 07:58 PM
Thank you for this magnificent find, finally I maxed out the game. You are a true asset to the community! :woop:

grimmr74
05-10-2011, 08:16 PM
can anyone confirm if this works for other games?

The fake chow
05-10-2011, 08:38 PM
One last question. If I don't really care about the mp achievements will this still work?

Acheru
05-10-2011, 09:58 PM
Worked for me. Finally, after a year.
Thanks!

Mister Buds
05-10-2011, 11:16 PM
anyone know if this works on a xbox 360 pro model (jasper, i believe)?

Son of Kyuss
05-10-2011, 11:29 PM
anyone know if this works on a xbox 360 pro model (jasper, i believe)?

I honestly don't think the console of choice truly matters, it's all dependent on making a new save and having it overwrite your profiles stats.

slayermoon
05-11-2011, 02:42 AM
It work fine for me. :rock

Thank you

ANIM4L
05-11-2011, 12:46 PM
can anyone confirm if this works for other games?

It worked for sniper: ghost warrior, and C&C3.

ANIM4L
05-11-2011, 12:50 PM
One last question. If I don't really care about the mp achievements will this still work?

Yes. As I noted in the walkthrough its just a suggestion to acquire the remaining achievements if you care about getting them. I had considered this game a lost cause due to EA's lack of caring and support for its games, so when I did it, I didn't really care about the other achievements.

Mister Buds
05-11-2011, 07:00 PM
I honestly don't think the console of choice truly matters, it's all dependent on making a new save and having it overwrite your profiles stats.

i figured the same. everyone was mentioning their consoles though and i'm still old schooling it with mine. going to give it a shot later tonight.

Mister Buds
05-11-2011, 08:39 PM
this is not working. when i connect to xbox live and download the update all my stats keep coming back. fuck, i guess i just wasted $10 on this still broken piece of shit.

ImpendIn_Agony
05-11-2011, 09:20 PM
Mister Buds why are you always so garbage? Just follow the steps and of course this...........Ok it has finally seemed to allow me to be connected to live in the dlc with 0 stats, after about 5 goes. I think the step i was getting wrong was, once i loaded up the new save and checked the stats 0, i just hit reconnect to live. But this time i quit out normally, and dashboarded it. So 'll play through now, and see if I have any luck with the achievements unlocking! Thanks Sons of Kyruss for the suggestions!!

If you're still having trouble come in the party later and I'll drag you to victory.

Mister Buds
05-11-2011, 10:53 PM
why do you always assume i'm garbage, impendin? that's the real question. i saw the post you quoted too. it didn't make any difference connecting to live in-game or from the dashboard.

Son of Kyuss
05-11-2011, 10:59 PM
why do you always assume i'm garbage, impendin? that's the real question. i saw the post you quoted too. it didn't make any difference connecting to live in-game or from the dashboard.

Try disconnecting your harddrive once you've transfered over your 40th Day files to your USB and then repeating the steps mentioned in the first post.

Adeptuswolf
05-12-2011, 03:50 AM

I assume my shit stinks... I don't need to smell it to know its true.

Mister Buds
05-12-2011, 04:14 AM
Try disconnecting your harddrive once you've transfered over your 40th Day files to your USB and then repeating the steps mentioned in the first post.

after multiple failed attempts with my harddrive connected, i did try a couple times without it. no difference. i'll see if impendin can help me out next time i'm on, though i see he hasn't done it yet.

I assume my shit stinks... I don't need to smell it to know its true.

touche.

Son of Kyuss
05-12-2011, 04:58 AM
All I can suggest as of now is to keep trying, both you and Molloy2006 seem to have the same problem pop up. Would you be willing to post the steps you yourself did when attempting this? It could provide insight to refine the method of getting this to work.

Shelton
05-12-2011, 05:28 AM
this is not working. when i connect to xbox live and download the update all my stats keep coming back. fuck, i guess i just wasted $10 on this still broken piece of shit.
This (here) (http://www.trueachievements.com/viewcomment.aspx?commentid=276750#vch) was the first use of the USB method. It has the most information pertaining to the method. Yes, a lot of it is specific to C&C but there are also plenty of valuable tips shared. The timing seems to be the biggest issue... It will eventually work, so keep at it.

ANIM4L
05-12-2011, 04:39 PM
This (here) (http://www.trueachievements.com/viewcomment.aspx?commentid=276750#vch) was the first use of the USB method. It has the most information pertaining to the method. Yes, a lot of it is specific to C&C but there are also plenty of valuable tips shared. The timing seems to be the biggest issue... It will eventually work, so keep at it.

The only timing instance in the whole walkthrough was when to take it out and when to replace it, and there is ample time to do both. I had to use this for Sniper: Ghost warrior, and you had to do that one quickly.

For this game make sure as soon as you see the EA logo pull it out. Right before you enter the game after selecting character and difficulty insert it back in and check to see if you profile is logged in. If at any point during this you are connected to Live your doing this wrong. My incoming messages on XBOX Live has had a few people who are not following the guide and are asking why its not working. While I don't mind helping, please try to use a setup close to mine or son of kyruss, as they seem to be the way to go.

Don't post this isn't working with out writing out what you did EXACTLY, then we don't have to second guess what you did wrong. And if need be I will modify the walkthrough for those that are having issues with certain steps.

InsaneFlame
05-13-2011, 11:46 PM
Get that man a pint. :drunk Well done on what is an epic find.

I had honestly given up hope on there ever being a patch or work around for this game. and am glad now the 1250 is achievable.

I have one weapon to finish off my online achievement's then i will be trying this to finish off the 3 DLC achievements that didn't pop.

jeffy x360a
05-14-2011, 01:59 AM
im going to try this now had anyone tried this on dark void as well? id love to get both these games fixed. i still got MP achieves in TFD but im not worried about them as i can get them.

EDIT: FUCKING brilliant bro. my heart sank when it didnt work twice. on step 6 i ended up dashboarding then reloading the game. once i hit the dashboard it relogged me into live then i loaded up the game and downloaded the update and it then had all my stats at 0 again. WTFG!!!!

Molloy2006
05-14-2011, 03:32 PM
im going to try this now had anyone tried this on dark void as well? id love to get both these games fixed. i still got MP achieves in TFD but im not worried about them as i can get them.

EDIT: FUCKING brilliant bro. my heart sank when it didnt work twice. on step 6 i ended up dashboarding then reloading the game. once i hit the dashboard it relogged me into live then i loaded up the game and downloaded the update and it then had all my stats at 0 again. WTFG!!!!

I just done it on dark void and now have my grease monkey achievement, I posted in the dark void forums what I did specifically for it, but its pretty 99% identical to this! I can also confirm it had fixed a glitched achievement in the arcade game cloning clyde. However doesnt appear to work on ghostbusters, tho it does corrupt/wipe single player progress.

Also I see that my experience keeps getting brought up for reference to my problem in getting it to work for army of two. I just wanna stress, I dont believe its the "when and where" you sign back into live that causes it to work or not, I think its due to people not saving there progress (i.e 0 stats) by backing out. The signing in during game method forces you to the title screen therefore not saving any progress, which I am 99% on was my reason it wasnt working for me. So for people struggling to keep the stats at 0, just back out to title screen through the pause menu so it forces the game to save your new stats to your profile.

MetalMudkip
05-14-2011, 04:08 PM
You know, when I had this game, I'd always update the game with a different profile, cause on my real profile, when It'd update it would erase all my stats, just like this method, but I also didn't have the DLC so I couldn't check.

TiptopChrisy
05-14-2011, 05:40 PM
Would this work on other games with glitched achievements like Ghostbusters, NFS:Carbon and Arcania 4 ??
But still a great find man, ill be sure to do this later when i find my USB pen :woop:

bassbrahhh
05-14-2011, 06:08 PM
absolutely amazing find! im finally getting my achievemnts in the dlc after waiting a year.

i had the same problem with my stats showing up also when i selected my save device. what i did to fix this was then at the fisrt chapter with my stats reset i quit out of the game then dashboarded to reconnect to live and the just started up the game and installed update. afterwards instead of selecting my storage device i just started up the dlc chapter and it had all my stats reset. achievements are unlocking as normal now. freaking gold nuggets sen!

jeffy x360a
05-14-2011, 06:17 PM
Would this work on other games with glitched achievements like Ghostbusters, NFS:Carbon and Arcania 4 ??
But still a great find man, ill be sure to do this later when i find my USB pen :woop:

i hear ghostbusters didnt work. not sure about the others but i have now seconded molloy2006's method on dark void. i am reset on dark void and after i finish vandal hearts im going to run thru it and grind out the tech points to unlock grease monkey. i wonder if ANIM4L secretly works for EA lol JK

ANIM4L
05-15-2011, 02:54 AM
i wonder if ANIM4L secretly works for EA lol JK

I'd be fired for insubordination. That and showing the CEO the literal definition of what his company does to gamers with his wife. Then I'd pull a scene out of Fight Club in his office while he calls security.

Shelton
05-15-2011, 06:11 AM
If the achievement involves multiplayer, no. Your multiplayer stats are stored on the servers, so there is no way to wipe them unless the servers are reset. NFS: Carbon has a completely broken achievement. Not sure how this method could help...Couldn't hurt to try it though. It definitely won't work with Arcania.

DeadMan XXXXXXX
05-15-2011, 06:58 PM
I don't even need this as I maxed out all the SP and DLC achievements before attempting the multiplayer, but can I say that Renegade Anim4l, you are a testament to modern ingenuity and will likely be heralded as a deity by many frustrated gamers - and rightfully so.

I have a handful of friends who I expect will soil themselves heartily when I direct them to this thread. Nice work.

InsaneFlame
05-15-2011, 09:08 PM
I had a few problems, similar to some of the above posts. What changed it for me was allowing the new game to get to a checkpoint and the quitting from the game where i saw 'saving' in the top left corner. Went back on got the update and loaded the chapter, got the achievements. :)

So much thanks to all that were involved finding and testing this work around. Just show's what a community we have. From what I hear AOT might be getting another game, i for one will most definitely not be playing it. After forking out for the game and the DLC and such a shocking response from the company it's not worth the potential hassle.

Thanks again guys

ANIM4L
05-17-2011, 01:46 AM
I had a few problems, similar to some of the above posts. What changed it for me was allowing the new game to get to a checkpoint and the quitting from the game where i saw 'saving' in the top left corner. Went back on got the update and loaded the chapter, got the achievements. :)

So much thanks to all that were involved finding and testing this work around. Just show's what a community we have. From what I hear AOT might be getting another game, i for one will most definitely not be playing it. After forking out for the game and the DLC and such a shocking response from the company it's not worth the potential hassle.

Thanks again guys

I did enjoy the hell out of the first one, but the second one lacked the personality the first one had. It was nice to see the graphics were upgraded in the 2nd but the different bosses really made up the first one, Smiley being my favorite. The second's gameplay was too bland, I'll be holding off on the 3rd till it's under $20 then I'll grab it. Though if it has any issues like this one did I'll probably skip it all together.

The fake chow
05-17-2011, 08:57 PM
Thanks for the tip worked on my second try to get the 0 stats. Achievements popped with not problems. Great find.

The Betrayer142
05-18-2011, 04:10 AM
After 2 tries I successfully got it to work. Here's how I did it for those of you who have a 2nd generation Elite xbox 360 and have an Elite HDD of 120gig (If it matters):

1. Move your profile AND Ao2:TFD data over to a USB stick of at least 1 or 2 gigs.
2. Turn off the xbox360 and REMOVE THE HARD DRIVE.
3. Turn on the xbox360 and let the super-big system update apply to your USB stick so that it can run properly (or whatever)
4. Clear the cache of the USB stick (which now contains your profile and Ao2:TFD data)
5. Unplug the ethernet (internet) cord from your xbox.
6. Load Army of Two: The Fortieth Day
7. Remove the USB from the drive once the EA logo appears
8. Click on "campaign", then "solo"
9. When you are about to pick a slot in which to start a new game, plug the USB stick back into the xbox 360.
10. Press the HOME button to check that your profile is logged into the xbox 360.
11. Start a new game (ALL SAVE SLOTS SHOULD BE BLANK WITH NO DATA ON THEM)
12. Once the credits have rolled and you are completely in control of your character, CHECK THE STATISTICS TO ENSURE THAT EVERYTHING IS AT 0. If not, something went wrong along the way.
13. Quit out to the dashboard
14. Plug your ethernet cord back in, apply the update, and start the game.
15. Load up the save you had before (It will show the save as saved to chapter 1 part 1) BUT SWITCH THE CHAPTER TO CHAPTER 8

Voila, all achievements should unlock thereafter. Let me know if you are confused, because the OP's instructions weren't 100% clear and there were a couple parts where there were xbox updates or other internet thingies that I had to work out.

MaximDane
05-19-2011, 02:29 AM
I would just like to thank you RenegadeAnimal for finding this out since finally i have maxed this game with your method...... Just a big wet kiss from me ;)

as quick a note i did everything like the original poster descibed except i did not move any of the game related data from the hard drive....to a memory unit or a usb.....just the profile on a mu and created a new save while offline onto the HD.....once online and updated that save was still intact with zero statistics... so that works as well...

Snoop QC
05-20-2011, 07:32 AM
When I remove my USB thumb drive, it says I have to restart the console because a required memory drive has been removed with no other options and if I press :bbut: the console restart anyway. What do I have to do exactly? Do I need another memory unit plugged in or something?

Do I have to remove my HDD for the entire process?
When, exactly, do I have to load my profile?
On which memory drive do I need to create my new save?
Do all the stats need to be at 0 when I reload the game after quitting to dashboard and applying the update?

Romefalls86
05-20-2011, 01:10 PM
Can this be done with the memory card that came with the Arcade(the one pre installed) or do I have to go out and buy an XBOX one, or does any USB drive work?

Snoop QC
05-20-2011, 04:25 PM
I'M still trying to work this out but so far any USB drive will do, it will be formated by the console though. As for the memory unit sold with the arcade kit, I doubt it will work because you have to move all your game data in it and the DLC alone needs at least 495 MB plus all your saves.

Romefalls86
05-20-2011, 05:01 PM
Ok cool. Thanks! Cna't wait to try this, and then I can go back to getting the rest of the achievements...Hello Boosting

Snoop QC
05-20-2011, 10:11 PM
First, thanks to Anim4l for spreading the good news. I've been able to finally get my achievements so thanks to the people who apparently did what EA couldn't or didn't want to do : find a solution. I used the method provided by The Betrayer142 which is below with small differences, if it matters, so extra thanks to him.

I used my HDD, a xbox memory unit and a USB stick.

1. Move your profile and DLC to USB stick, keep your AO2:TFD saves on HDD and ensure nothing related to AO2:TFD is on the memory unit, turn off your xbox and remove the HDD and memory unit.
2. Turn it back on and let the super-big system update apply to your USB stick so that it can run properly (or whatever).
3. When it's done turn off your xbox, put back the HDD and memory unit, turn it back on and clear memory cache off all three memory drives.
4. Unplug the ethernet (internet) cord from your xbox.
5. Log in to your profile
9. When you are about to pick a slot in which to start a new game, plug the USB stick back into the xbox 360.
10. Press the HOME button to check that your profile is logged into the xbox 360.
11. Start a new game (ALL SAVE SLOTS SHOULD BE BLANK WITH NO DATA ON THEM) and choose the memory unit which is empty and contain no AO2:TFD data.
12. Once the credits have rolled and you are completely in control of your character, CHECK THE STATISTICS TO ENSURE THAT EVERYTHING IS AT 0. If not, something went wrong along the way.
15. Load up the save you had before (It will show the save as saved to chapter 1 part 1) BUT SWITCH THE CHAPTER TO CHAPTER 8, you can check the stats again to make sure they are still at 0.

This is what I did and I got all my achievements legit. Thanks again The Betrayer142 and everybody for a solution.

jeffy x360a
05-21-2011, 03:45 AM
I'M still trying to work this out but so far any USB drive will do, it will be formated by the console though. As for the memory unit sold with the arcade kit, I doubt it will work because you have to move all your game data in it and the DLC alone needs at least 495 MB plus all your saves.

i left my DLC on my HDD and left it attached. i have a arcade jasper unit and it worked fine for me.i only moved my saves over and my profile to the USB cause for some reason my 1gb USB drive i had only formatter to 493MB on the xbox so i was short of space.

Lonegunman718
05-22-2011, 05:20 PM
i like to thank you for making the thread, i was sure this was going to be one of those games that goes unfinished.

EDIT: got all the dlc achievements done now it works.

hyu14
05-22-2011, 05:57 PM
I'll give this a try, not that we should have to do this to get achievements on DLC we've all paid extra for >:(

dropK1CK_ninJA
05-23-2011, 02:15 AM
Just a quick mention, this method does not work for Ghostbusters.

itz cachi413
05-23-2011, 12:00 PM
Ok, first and foremost let me rant a little about how much EA sucks, this game came out months ago and there is still no patch available and no word on its release. It's not a microsoft problem either... EA it's your damn game!

Now that I got that out of my system, let me make this clear I am not taking any credit for the method on how to do this. I am however taking credit for applying and testing its use for this game.

***Note: Please make sure you have all of the other "obtainable" achievements before you do this. I made the mistake of doing this before I got the Beast achievement and now have to start from scratch.

This was tested on a 360 Elite, with a 256MB MU and 2GB USB thumb drive. I did not have a HDD connected on my 360. (Not sure if that makes a difference but I figured I might mention it.)

Now these following steps will walk you through how to reset your stats for this game that are tied into your XBOX 360 Profile. This will not affect any of your other games, so no worries.

1.)Move your current profile onto your USB thumb drive. Along with your saves and DLC for this game. (Again, not sure if this makes a difference but I'm letting you know exactly what I did.)

2.)Clear your system cache. (Please google how to do this, if you don't know how.)

3.)Load up Army of Two 40th Day, as the EA logo appears, remove the USB thumb drive from your XBOX. You'll now see a message saying to reinsert the memory device, ignore this.

4.)Now start a new solo campaign, just before you select a new save to start the game (which in my case was on my MU) reinsert the thumb drive. Make sure to hit the Home button to check to see if your profile has reloaded.

5.)Now start the game. If everything worked accordingly, when your in your new game press start, and check your statistics everything should read 0. If it doesn't you did something wrong.

6.)If the above step worked, reconnect to XBOX Live and download the update for the game.
*** It's being reported that some are having issues with this step. If there are any issues, back out to the dashboard, then reload the game and accept the update.

7.)Now select your USB thumb drive with your saves, as your save device. Start the campaign, select a completed save, and replay the DLC to unlock any previously glitched achievements.

hey animal when you clear your system cache does that delete everything on the system for all game saves or just army of two the 40th day i never really want to try this but i dont have a usb drive so im just gonna delete my system cache anyways but i dont want to lose my dragon age 2 game save please let me know wat should i do

Son of Kyuss
05-23-2011, 01:09 PM
hey animal when you clear your system cache does that delete everything on the system for all game saves or just army of two the 40th day i never really want to try this but i dont have a usb drive so im just gonna delete my system cache anyways but i dont want to lose my dragon age 2 game save please let me know wat should i do

Clearing your cache just deletes any patches for games you own (which you can download again once you load up the game). So no harm is done to your saves nor your profile.

DWHFloyd
05-23-2011, 03:02 PM
A BIG thanks for sharing and whoever figured this out. I was at 950 but I went back, got the beast, then the other 250!! Worked like a charm! sucks I lost all my weapons but Im done with this game anyway.

Zero Judgement
05-23-2011, 07:32 PM
Thank you for finding this solution to this major problem. You should be paid by EA AND Microsoft for finding this. Have finished chapter 8, can't wait to finish 9 and the DLC.

Thanks again,

A very happy gamer.

skatermike21988
05-24-2011, 09:26 AM
Man you are absolutely awesome! I came on to see if any news on the glitches being fixed and found this. Worked for both me and my friend. Thank you a lot! PS: you don't need to move the dlc to usb to do it.

Recommend a sticky!!

vortex118
05-24-2011, 03:15 PM
this also works for rainbow six vegas the special operations achievment

Evokyr
05-25-2011, 12:53 PM
First, thanks to Anim4l for spreading the good news. I've been able to finally get my achievements so thanks to the people who apparently did what EA couldn't or didn't want to do : find a solution. I used the method provided by The Betrayer142 which is below with small differences, if it matters, so extra thanks to him.

I used my HDD, a xbox memory unit and a USB stick.

1. Move your profile and DLC to USB stick, keep your AO2:TFD saves on HDD and ensure nothing related to AO2:TFD is on the memory unit, turn off your xbox and remove the HDD and memory unit.
2. Turn it back on and let the super-big system update apply to your USB stick so that it can run properly (or whatever).
3. When it's done turn off your xbox, put back the HDD and memory unit, turn it back on and clear memory cache off all three memory drives.
4. Unplug the ethernet (internet) cord from your xbox.
5. Log in to your profile
11. Start a new game (ALL SAVE SLOTS SHOULD BE BLANK WITH NO DATA ON THEM) and choose the memory unit which is empty and contain no AO2:TFD data.
15. Load up the save you had before (It will show the save as saved to chapter 1 part 1) BUT SWITCH THE CHAPTER TO CHAPTER 8, you can check the stats again to make sure they are still at 0.

This is what I did and I got all my achievements legit. Thanks again The Betrayer142 and everybody for a solution.

I did it withoud a memory unit and it worked as well :D
I finally got it, thank for your help!!

Mister Buds
05-26-2011, 04:52 AM
been a while since i posted in this thread. i took a long break from gaming. i tried this again tonight, now following the betrayer's method, which is more detailed than the TC's.

since i have the system update on my usb drive and no hard drive attatched, when i remove the usb drive at the EA logo, it tells me that i'm missing a required device and restarts my console.

solution?

Shelton
05-26-2011, 09:34 AM
been a while since i posted in this thread. i took a long break from gaming. i tried this again tonight, now following the betrayer's method, which is more detailed than the TC's.

since i have the system update on my usb drive and no hard drive attatched, when i remove the usb drive at the EA logo, it tells me that i'm missing a required device and restarts my console.

solution?
Put your HDD back in.

NinjaKIUK
05-26-2011, 10:42 AM
This is really annoying as i can't get the "Pagin Dr Wu" cheevo.

Ive cleared my cache etc and it doesnt work.

BUT if i use another xbox account (2nd controller)
that account got the cheevo but my account didnt lol

another great game by EA

Mister Buds
05-26-2011, 09:10 PM
Put your HDD back in.

hmm, i thought having my HDD and usb drive connected while trying to do this was causing my stats to keep coming back, but it ended up working this time. finally completed this DLC. thanks to anim4l, the betrayer, and everyone else that posted their input. :woop:

Zero Judgement
05-26-2011, 09:57 PM
I think that someone should point this out to a x360a admin or moderator. It was news on the main page that the DLC achievements were glitched but now that there is a way to fix them, it should be news on the front page as well. Many people have given up on the DLC although they did download it and never check the forums again. I think these people also deserve a chance to obtain their achievements!

Snoop QC
05-30-2011, 08:51 PM
I think that someone should point this out to a x360a admin or moderator. It was news on the main page that the DLC achievements were glitched but now that there is a way to fix them, it should be news on the front page as well. Many people have given up on the DLC although they did download it and never check the forums again. I think these people also deserve a chance to obtain their achievements!

I don't know if they would do it because it's not an official news or announcement from developers or publishers. But it would be cool though.

Joseph0714
05-31-2011, 03:32 PM
WOW! I just got off the phone, I was talking to a guy @ Customer Support from Microsoft, I was talking about my Kinect, and when he finished he asked me if I had another question, I said yes and I told him everything about this DLC (that it was glitched) and since I didn't remember the name, I was searching these Forums and saw there was a way to fix the achievements. Since I saw there was a way to fix them, I was going to tell the guy to forget it because there was a way to unlock them (he was veryfing everything about it and I was on hold). When he got me off hold, he said "I am checking your download history so I can deposit your money back" i was like "ok sure" and on the inside I was --> :Bounce::woop: <-- and after he saw it, he deposited my money back. The thing is that the DLC and its licence stays on my xbox 360, so I got the money back (800MSP), plus I can keep the DLC, and I can unlock the achievements!

That guy and the guy that found a solution to unlocking the achievements are my new heroes :p

(BTW, when I contacted EA and MS last year, they both told me I couldn't get my money back, but the guy I talked to on Customer Support proved them wrong! :D)

EDIT: I just checked, and I still even have this DLC on my download history! woo! :D

Romefalls86
06-01-2011, 12:58 AM
I am currently stuck on this, every time I remove my USB drive it tells me to put it back in and restart the console. If I hit B it just restarts my console.

I have a internal memory unit, a 8GB usb drive plus a 120GB hard drive.

Any ideas?

Wildcats 418
06-01-2011, 06:38 PM

Alright I no longer have the same Xbox I originally played it on or any of the saved data(I have the new slim). I was wondering if I can just download CoD, then play the game, decline the update, save after I can control Salem. Then Dasboard it, play the disc again, accept update, and go from there, will this method work. Any ideas I am really clueless about this whole process. I am already determined that I am not going to be able to get a 1250, for this game, so it does not work I will still be able to go on. What does everybody think about it.

F TANK
06-02-2011, 01:19 AM
Besides this, I got glitched out of an online achievement on Medal of Honor (the MoH website says I earned it) - do you guys think this will work?

By the way you're fucking awesome TC

the action frampton
06-03-2011, 12:26 PM
Hi guys - this is really great news!

However, please can someone tell me if it is possible for me to preform this with the equipment I have (i.e. or do I need to buy a bigger USB).

Currently I have:

360 Slim 250GB
256MB USB stick

My profile, the save game data and DLC are all presently on my HDD. So can anyone confirm if this will work if I ONLY move my profile to USB as I don't have enough room for the DLC on there?

Really don't want to spend even more money on a new USB just to unlock achievements that EA can't be arsed to fix...!

Thanks guys

Romefalls86
06-03-2011, 12:27 PM
Hi guys - this is really great news!

However, please can someone tell me if it is possible for me to preform this with the equipment I have (i.e. or do I need to buy a bigger USB).

Currently I have:

360 Slim 250GB
256MB USB stick

My profile, the save game data and DLC are all presently on my HDD. So can anyone confirm if this will work if I ONLY move my profile to USB as I don't have enough room for the DLC on there?

Really don't want to spend even more money on a new USB just to unlock achievements that EA can't be arsed to fix...!

Thanks guys

I had to move everything over to my USB drive, you should just need a 2GB USB drive.

GSTAR321
06-05-2011, 08:46 AM
I am about to do this but before I do I have some questions:

1. I have a 250GB Slim Console and an 8GB USB Stick. That all I need?

2. How do I move my 'profile' to the USB Stick?

And I am assuming 'move' means 'copy' right? So my profile will still be on my HDD?

3. Once achievements are unlocked I turn off my XBOX. Unplug the USB Stick. Put the HDD back in and turn it on. Reconnect to Xbox live and the achievements will be there, unlocked right?

GSTAR321
06-06-2011, 09:44 AM
Nevermind, I got it to work.

Absolutley brilliant to the guy that figured this out!!! :uzi: (though I followed Snoop QC's method on the 3rd page of this thread)

Now I can finally sell this ...

the action frampton
06-07-2011, 11:53 AM
THanks Romefellas86.

I did it first time. And just to tell ppl what I did is I only moved my profile to the USB and did not disconnect the hdd. I also didn't delete any save files. That way I have an old save with all weapons, collectables etc and a new save which had 0 for all the stats. Got all the dlc achievements and just sold my copy of the game. Happy days!

By the way thanks to the OP for the original idea, even though it can be done a bit more simply thanks to trials of all the helpful ppl here!

richs180
06-08-2011, 10:08 PM
Thanks. Worked perfectly.

Darth PaulBlack
06-12-2011, 02:14 PM
Just saying guys would this technique not piss off the XBL enforcement team if they found out cause your gaining achievements unlawfully? And before anyone says yes I know there broken and what not but I bet stepto and his team wouldn't think that, hope it's not otherwise the guy who thought of this deserves a pint or 2

Philosopher
06-16-2011, 12:38 PM
FINALLY I GOT IT!!! I can't believe that i got this DLC completed, im so satisfied now!
I just wanna say that ANIM4L and those who found this method are real heroes of mine and they deserve to be a legends in history of gaming!!! Thank you, thank so much!!!
From the other side EA are fucking fags that deserve only to be despised for not supporting fans of their games and loyal customers who spend their hard earned money and time to get fun and everything else that are in content of the game!!!

Capt_Ron CFH 01
06-16-2011, 07:31 PM
Ok so I just have the old 360 (doesn't even have HDMI output)
and I've got a 120 HDD for it.

Without a USB memory unit or internal memory I'm not going to be able to pull this off am I?

Has anyone tried deleting all gamesave/dlc from your system and starting from scratch? I think the problem is with the achievement system and not the data, but seeing as I won't lose any of the achievements I've already earned it's worth a shot. :(

Son of Kyuss
06-16-2011, 07:59 PM
The problem lies within the stats, deleting everything AoT:TFD on your hard drive won't do anything. I and numerous others tried that solution back when the problem was first found and had no success. So this is the only way to fix the glitch for the foreseeable future.

x SNAKE5 x
06-21-2011, 12:32 PM
Thanks for the tip, it worked fine and I've now got all the CoD achievements. It's really irritated me that I had to lose all of my stats, weapons and so on to do it, but that is the peril of achievement hunting.

Oh, that and the fact that in the end the DLC wasn't really worth playing :mad:

Shame on the developer/publisher for not fixing the bug and for releasing some pretty sub-standard extra content for 800 points.

xRuthiie
06-22-2011, 06:05 PM
I have the Xbox 360 Slim 250GB Harddrive and a 4GB USB stick. Does the same steps Anim4l (forgive me if I misspelled your gamertag) posted on the first page work for this console as well? Where is the Harddrive located on this contraption? Do I have to pull out the harddrive cause I'm really scared to mess up something.

Thank you for your time and sorry if this post looks similar to other posts. I just want to understand and know what I'm about to do before I actually go ahead and do this DLC fix.

Will Daniels
06-26-2011, 03:40 AM
This is simply amazing. I was able to follow the guide outlined by the OP and it worked just perfectly. Thank you so much...I had given up hope of ever getting the CoD DLC completed.

Bourne3060
06-28-2011, 04:33 AM
little off topic but I was wondering if anyone knows if I reset my stats and i delete the CoD DLC then if i playthrough the campaign will I get the hardcore achievement at the end of main campaign or will I still need to do the DLC chapters to unlock it

Master_D
07-07-2011, 06:49 AM
:laughs hysterically: I remember the countless hours spent talking with scripted tech support, the aggravation and "investigating condescension" from Microsoft regarding my refund which never happened...and I could not believe what I was reading when I saw there was finally a fix not from EA but from one of x360a very own members.

Farmer Jay, I know you appreciate this fix as much as I did as you kept up hope as I abandoned it for this game.

A year and a half later I finally have my 1250, and it feels great!

Animal if X360a offers awards for perseverance and overall awesomeness then you are up for nomination.

Thank you very much for this, it worked like a charm!

Cheers

rordor59
07-10-2011, 02:28 PM
I have the Xbox 360 Slim 250GB Harddrive and a 4GB USB stick. Does the same steps Anim4l (forgive me if I misspelled your gamertag) posted on the first page work for this console as well? Where is the Harddrive located on this contraption? Do I have to pull out the harddrive cause I'm really scared to mess up something.

Thank you for your time and sorry if this post looks similar to other posts. I just want to understand and know what I'm about to do before I actually go ahead and do this DLC fix.
When i did it i never pulled out my hard drive and I have the removable harddrive. So my guess is tht you shouldnt have to pull out the hardrive.

FireFlow PL
07-12-2011, 10:49 PM
HI

I have 1000/1250 GS so Can I earn every achievement from DLC to 1250?
thx

Warfighter1000
07-15-2011, 12:10 AM
Thank you so much! I got it first try with no problems.

Warfighter1000
07-16-2011, 01:34 AM
Does anybody know if this method works with gearhead in Blacklight Tango Down?

JieXY
07-19-2011, 03:26 AM
Just here to say Thank You! Works like a charm!

ICEMAN TNK
07-23-2011, 04:18 AM
This wont reset any online stats for any other games like gears of war will it?

CVanquisherZ
07-23-2011, 01:24 PM
Thank you Animal!:)
It worked like a charm for me, got it in my first try. I was scared to do it at first but then what the hell, it isn't that hard. I putted my profile + DLC on my USB and my HDD was still in the xbox :) (I've cleared cache of course).

I hope my remaining offline /online achievements won't get glitchy now :3.

xcarmacksx
07-27-2011, 09:10 AM
Worked like a charm for me as well, thanks to everyone for your help! You guys are Grrreat!!

JeanRob
07-27-2011, 03:09 PM
Sad news guys. I did it, my stats were wiped like told, played the whole chapter 8 and got nothing.

I'll try the solution again tonight, and play again with a friend. Let's hope it works this time.

JeanRob
07-27-2011, 09:26 PM
Ok, so I have my achievements. BUT, there's a twist.

The first time, even though I did the exact same method as advised, it didn't work.
I tried again but without moving my save back on the HDD.
What I did was wipe my stats, clear the cache, launch the game and accept the update. But weirdly, it wouldn't reconnect to the XBox live (even with the update applied).
Still, I continued, started a game on a blank save, quit as soon as the intro was finished and then launched the DLC on the same save. And then one by one, all the achievements appeared. The only thing that bugs me is that they will show up as earned offline (which might look unlegit...).
But I got them fair and square thanks to AN1M4L fix. Thank you sir.

And if anyone is up for some multiplayer, I still have achievements to do. Especially "King of the Hill" and "All guns blazing" since I wiped all my stats :(

MetalMudkip
07-29-2011, 02:49 AM
Ok, so I have my achievements. BUT, there's a twist.

The first time, even though I did the exact same method as advised, it didn't work.
I tried again but without moving my save back on the HDD.
What I did was wipe my stats, clear the cache, launch the game and accept the update. But weirdly, it wouldn't reconnect to the XBox live (even with the update applied).
Still, I continued, started a game on a blank save, quit as soon as the intro was finished and then launched the DLC on the same save. And then one by one, all the achievements appeared. The only thing that bugs me is that they will show up as earned offline (which might look unlegit...).
But I got them fair and square thanks to AN1M4L fix. Thank you sir.

And if anyone is up for some multiplayer, I still have achievements to do. Especially "King of the Hill" and "All guns blazing" since I wiped all my stats :(

do people automatically think achievements earned offline were glitched?

JeanRob
08-03-2011, 10:45 PM
do people automatically think achievements earned offline were glitched?
Well, crazy people like I can be sometimes, yes.
It could look very suspicious to people how know that the game is glitched and are unaware that a fix has been found.

But it's mostly me overreacting.

RonanN1
08-11-2011, 10:01 PM
I can confirm that the achievements unlock normaly after I applied that little trick :woop:

HOW TO FIX THE GAME! (All credits go to http://live.xbox.com/en-US/MyXbox/Pr...RenegadeANIM4L (http://live.xbox.com/en-US/MyXbox/Profile?gamertag=RenegadeANIM4L))

This was tested on a 360 Elite, with a 256MB MU and 2GB USB thumb drive. I did not have a HDD connected on my 360. (Not sure if that makes a difference but I figured I might mention it.) (This also works on n XBox 360 Slim with a 250GB HDD, thanks to Son of Kyuss for testing.)

7.)Now select your USB thumb drive with your saves, as your save device. Start the campaign, select a completed save, and replay the DLC to unlock any previously glitched achievements. Thank you! RenegadeANIM4L and Son of Kyuss :drunk

And here are the pictures :) as proof that everything is oki ;)

Pick a new face - http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d40/cs_ronan/20110811230449.jpg
Paging Dr Wu - http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d40/cs_ronan/20110811232108.jpg
Can it really be that simple? - http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d40/cs_ronan/20110811233346.jpg
Hit & Miss - http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d40/cs_ronan/20110811234223.jpg
Men of the people - http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d40/cs_ronan/20110812002252.jpg
Good fellas - http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d40/cs_ronan/20110812002949.jpg
Good Guys - http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d40/cs_ronan/20110812003655.jpg
Train wrecked - http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d40/cs_ronan/20110812005140.jpg

...as a side note:

you can unlock them online
you can use your custom masks
you can pimp your weapons (gold only)
everything else, your progress and weapons unlocks, money, radios, etc. are gone after you do the trick

CRDMUDRUNNER
08-12-2011, 09:05 PM
Well, crazy people like I can be sometimes, yes.
It could look very suspicious to people how know that the game is glitched and are unaware that a fix has been found.

But it's mostly me overreacting.

I to am very picky about seeing some achievements being unlocked offline. Its suspicious when seeing hard or "glitched" achievements being obtained offline, Going to try this solution tonight and hope to finally complete this game

Kahless34
08-12-2011, 09:42 PM
I can not explain how grateful and happy I am. Many thanks to the OP and everyone who has persued this matter, at least we now have a way to resolve this even if the powers that be couldn't be bothered.

Score 1-0 to the Xbox Community!

DJ Kollaide
08-19-2011, 02:30 PM
would this work for MOH Airborne. IDK but i can't seem to do it but then again I am not that edumacated when it comes to technology

Colbat Dragon
08-21-2011, 11:53 AM
cant wait to try this :)

zerdarkangel
08-22-2011, 08:46 PM
I have a pro 360 with a 60g HDD and a MU....I literally tried all possible ways and nothing for days and days. My stats are not 0 the SECOND time I load the saved profile when playing the dlc.....if anyone can help would be appreciated it doesnt help that im confused everytime i do this either

BLQQDCQRE
08-23-2011, 04:38 PM
I can confirm that this method unlocks achievements in other games. I finally unlocked my carnival metal in my 3d mini golf. Thanks to this method.

Snoop QC
09-08-2011, 03:42 AM
Just saying guys would this technique not piss off the XBL enforcement team if they found out cause your gaining achievements unlawfully? And before anyone says yes I know there broken and what not but I bet stepto and his team wouldn't think that, hope it's not otherwise the guy who thought of this deserves a pint or 2

I don't think so because the method provided in this thread only resets the stats related to your gamertag on EA's servers as far as I know and nothing more. Once it's done, you have to meet the requirements for each achievement for it to unlock. So it's not like using the kind of illegal method, which is not permited to talk on this forum, to unlock cheevos.

Skynphlute
11-05-2011, 07:04 AM
Worked like a charm. Thanks!

Nevander
12-02-2011, 11:18 PM
So by doing this does that mean that you will have to re-earn all your money, weapons, collectables, camos, attachments, etc? Are those a type of stat that is also reset upon doing this? It will suck earning everything again. Right now I'm stuck with a dumb G36C and a Dragunov. :(

DarkWyn
01-14-2012, 04:24 AM
Hey Guys,
I have a question regarding this DLC glitch fix.
I was one of the poor fools who did ONE single online achievement ((the one about making a custom mask)) then found out later about this glitch.
I've yet to download the DLC but I really want to.
I've not played versus since making that mask nor do I plan on it right away. I just wanted to clear up a few things before I tried for the DLC.

#1. the guide says get "all obtainable" achievements beforehand. Is he referring to ALL online ones too or just the "kill x guys with x gun" types?

#2. would using this glitch fix method work if you've never played the DLC before? Or do I have to play it once and let my achievements glitch then go back and replay it to fix them?

I'd appreciate any info ya'll care to shed on this for me.
Thanks.

~DarkWyn

Snoop QC
01-17-2012, 01:03 AM
Hey Guys,
I have a question regarding this DLC glitch fix.
I was one of the poor fools who did ONE single online achievement ((the one about making a custom mask)) then found out later about this glitch.
I've yet to download the DLC but I really want to.
I've not played versus since making that mask nor do I plan on it right away. I just wanted to clear up a few things before I tried for the DLC.

#1. the guide says get "all obtainable" achievements beforehand. Is he referring to ALL online ones too or just the "kill x guys with x gun" types?

#2. would using this glitch fix method work if you've never played the DLC before? Or do I have to play it once and let my achievements glitch then go back and replay it to fix them?

I'd appreciate any info ya'll care to shed on this for me.
Thanks.

~DarkWyn

For your first question, I think it's all the achievements because the glitch fix resets all your stats on EA's servers, so you'd have to start from the beginning to get the achievements that need some grinding like The Beast or win a versus match in all modes and maps.

For the second I don't know, but you have at least one achievement glitched because of the mp cheevo you have already unlocked, so you will have to do the glitch fix anyway to get the full 1250G.

Hope this helps!

DarkWyn
01-25-2012, 01:29 AM
Ah, okay.
Hmm..in regards to having all the achievements done, is it REQUIRED? Or can I simply do the glitch fix without having all the others achievements done if I don't care about my stats being reset?

Snoop QC
01-27-2012, 10:50 PM
Ah, okay.
Hmm..in regards to having all the achievements done, is it REQUIRED? Or can I simply do the glitch fix without having all the others achievements done if I don't care about my stats being reset?

Honestly, I think you can do the glitch fix anytime, 100% completion or not. The only reason why it's been proposed to get all obtainable achievements first, is if you want to get the full 1250G without having to start some tedious achievements from scratch like the beast because of stats reset. But yeah you can do it, I don't see why not!

Filter x360a
03-18-2012, 01:39 AM
This worked on the first try for me! Thank you all so much! I waited day one for this DLC but avoided due to the glitches. So nice to have 100% in this again! Can't thank you all enough.

xXSauliuSXx
04-04-2012, 09:19 PM
Why can't I just download my profile to a different Xbox with no save data and do the DLC?

Music Man SUB
04-17-2012, 12:01 PM
I've read through most of the posts but I'm wondering... I wanted to start playing this game but I wanna get something clear first. Which achievements cause the glitch? Only MP or do co-op achievements affect the glitch as well?

Snoop QC
04-23-2012, 03:54 PM
I've read through most of the posts but I'm wondering... I wanted to start playing this game but I wanna get something clear first. Which achievements cause the glitch? Only MP or do co-op achievements affect the glitch as well?

Only mp achievements in versus cause the glitch. Play through the entire campaign, solo or co-op, including DLC and get all related achievements first, few of them will be easier in co-op though. Keep all mp cheevos for last, they all are identified as versus in their description. This way you shouldn't have to reset your stats.

ss4goku2425
02-19-2013, 04:15 AM
thank u for this work very well

lastofthefive0s
08-04-2013, 02:27 AM
I'll have to give this a try. I was so pissed when I found out that EA was just going to allow the glitched achievements and not even release a patch. I'll keep my fingers crossed that I'll be able to finally get the DLC campaign achievements I'm missing after all this time.

Dymblos
08-30-2013, 01:04 AM
this can work with Halo 4?
i mean i have a glitched achievement where i need kill 20 players with a weapon in a specific map

i have 198 kills and 0 achievements -.-

Combatt1ng
03-17-2014, 05:27 PM
Thanks for this got glitched on wheelman ps3 can confirm it works did it first try thanks. :)