PDA

View Full Version : Absolutely aweful controlls..

Delow317
05-09-2011, 02:35 AM
Don't get me wrong, I played this on pc back in the day and loved it but man the controls in this game are absolutely aweful! There is no option to adjust sensitivity and auto aim doesn't help at all. Seriously when I get around to the MP cheeves, I'm definitely boosting.

To this day the only two games that have aiming controls that are near perfect for analog sticks on consoles are the Cod Series and the Halo series.

Anyone else feel the same way?

McGoogles
05-09-2011, 04:13 AM
Maybe you're just too attached or familiar with the PC controls that you have a hard time playing the Xbox 360 version of it.

For a person who hasn't played Duke Nukem 3D on any other console, I thought the controls were fine. Accurate and responsive.

JAW LV
05-09-2011, 06:14 PM
The only thing I had difficulty with in the beginning is the delay between when you push the fire button and your weapon actually fires. Other then that I haven't had issues with the controlls thus far and I'm getting close to the end now.

Delow317
05-17-2011, 12:45 AM
Well guys, I repect your opinions but I think you guys are crazy. I don't suck this bad at fps games, and the controls (namely the aiming), is nowhere near perfect in the same sense that Halo and Cod. Anyways, no way am I playing this legit. Thank god for boosting for those last 3 mp cheeves!

Danny Dibo
05-17-2011, 01:22 AM
While you are correct that the controls are awful for this game, you really don't have to worry about accuracy in any way...I used the shotgun for the entire game minus boss fights, and even if you don't put the cursor on enemies you will still blow them away. It becomes real easy after that.

Delow317
05-19-2011, 03:26 AM
I'll give that a shot, and thanks for the reply.

Destro
07-14-2011, 05:39 AM
back in the day i loved duke on n64, as goldeneye and others, but today i could not even play them anymore with 1 joystick, thanks the video game god for 2 joysticks control, this is awesome on every fps i played exept the few "errors of nature" like turning point...

as for computer, you see, personally i could never play with a keyboard and a mouse for an FPS, i just dont even understand how people do... i would had to see people play to know, cause personally i can finish quake 3 on consol at harder difficulties but on PC i can barely beat sarge at the minimal difficulty...

mouse is correct for point and click(diablo for exemple) but for FPS its horrible.

ToCliche
07-22-2013, 02:18 AM
Like any arcade game the controllers controls will take time to master.

Voytek
11-13-2013, 05:32 AM
It was originally for the N64 so of course the controls are going to be weird. I like how they kept it true to the original and didn't screw with the old formula.

theirishmagnum
11-19-2013, 01:13 AM
Control's are decent in this game.