PDA

View Full Version : The caddy system ruins multiplayer

LuciousJ
05-09-2011, 10:18 PM
I was wondering if anyone else thought the caddy system is a gamebreaker in multiplayer?

I think it is. Part of the fun in the game was always using your skill. Instead of seeing how good you are all you have to do is decide when to use focus. If you play in the tour pro tournaments in multiplayer you cant use spin, you cant use power but you CAN use your caddy to throw you a good shot. To me, that sort of defeats the purpose and the only place you have to have any skill is in putting. The caddy also takes the skill out of measuring for wind and slope. I'm not trying to be a douche but it allows subpar players to post good scores in the tourneys that used to take skill.

I'm not saying get rid of the caddy system in the online tournaments just restrict their use to no higher than pro...preferably amateur. I just want to know if I'm alone in thinking the way I do.

ksand06
05-10-2011, 02:47 AM
I haven't played much multiplayer so far, but that sounds like a valid point and a great idea to be implemented. I would definitely agree that the caddy system makes the game very easy and improves round scores significantly for people that aren't as good at the game. The caddy doesn't always pick the best shot for you, but it definitely would help lesser skilled players have the ability to play at the tournament level.

cHRiSCOe
05-10-2011, 09:52 PM
I haven't played much multiplayer so far, but that sounds like a valid point and a great idea to be implemented. I would definitely agree that the caddy system makes the game very easy and improves round scores significantly for people that aren't as good at the game. The caddy doesn't always pick the best shot for you, but it definitely would help lesser skilled players have the ability to play at the tournament level.

Yeah the caddy does everything for you, even puts you in the direction for wind......kinda stupid. I think it should be put in as an option even in the roadway to the masters along with classic putting :[

surreal_82
05-28-2011, 12:11 PM
well there is the option to turn the caddie off for your personal prefernce but it doesnt change the other players options, it is a very valid point however, i must admit my caddie is about as useful as a jackie chan teaching english lessons

GrimSovereignty
06-16-2011, 08:03 AM
Yeah I agree even though I have yet to play online, the caddy system would take the challenge out of it.