Is it worth the price?

GOVNA10

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Quick update: Minerva's Den just dropped in price to 400 MSP. Anyone who was holding out until now, this is probably the prime time to get in on the action, for it's not confirmed how long this price drop will last. I'm going to buy a points card today and get just in case this doesn't last the weekend.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Minerva's Den was definitely worth the price. As for the other DLC's, they're not worth it in my opinion. If you're a completionist and need the DLC achievements or if the DLC is discounted at a reasonable price, then go for it.

Also, THIS thread determines the quality of Minerva's Den.

Thanks to that thread I just downloaded it, I have Bioshock 1 and 2 ready to play, and saw this dlc as part of the deal of the week.

• 3 weeks later...

Just playing Bioshock 2 for the second time and probably will buy this DLC, because it has gained some good reviews. The other DLC releases feels like waste of money, also the price of Minerva's Den is just about right. This is singleplayer DLC, am I correct and the other DLC's are (mostly) multiplayer? Don't care much for the MP of Bioshock 2, but the singleplayer campaign is almost as good as in the first Bioshock.

Just playing Bioshock 2 for the second time and probably will buy this DLC, because it has gained some good reviews. The other DLC releases feels like waste of money, also the price of Minerva's Den is just about right. This is singleplayer DLC, am I correct and the other DLC's are (mostly) multiplayer? Don't care much for the MP of Bioshock 2, but the singleplayer campaign is almost as good as in the first Bioshock.

Minerva's Den and the Protector Trials are both single player, the rest is multiplayer add-ons such as maps, new characters and an increased level cap.

In my opinion, the Protector Trials (while showcasing the weakest part of Bioshock 2 in general in my opinion) gives you a lot of bang for your buck; plenty of levels and some bonus unlockables in the form of game artwork, unseen trailers and so on. While it's not nearly as strong as Minerva's Den, I'd say give it a go regardless.

• 1 year later...

This is an old post, but maybe someone else is interested in more insight about this DLC.

I was not really a fan of BioShock 2 at all, but enjoyed Minerva's Den quite a bit. It was far better than the main game itself, and is worth the 800 points if you care at all for the world of BioShock.

• 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...