PDA

View Full Version : Controls

Fuu Phoenix
05-11-2011, 01:43 PM
Ok, was looking forward to this, grabbed the demo, and enjoyed what I played... but having some frustrations with the controls.

To whit, I am an old-school space-sim player, going back to x-wing, both freespaces and Project silpheed on the 360... so instinctively went in fighter mode I pull down on the stick to pull up, and push down to dive. but assault mode works more like a traditional FPS, which makes me push up to aim up, down to aim down and so-on...

So why couldn't they have let you set inverted Y axis for specific forms only? grrrr!

I don't want to just whine and moan about this... hopefully if I can give someone feedback they can sort it... but who and where to I give feedback to? tried the star raider website and theres not much to it.

TrueShifty
05-12-2011, 01:37 PM
I know what you mean! The controls for the dogfight/fighter mode seem so unusual! I had high hopes for this game, I haven't played a really good space-sim since Colony Wars on the PS2, or Rogue Squadron! Wasn't the game meant to have multiplayer aswell??

BudzMcGee
05-18-2011, 04:32 AM
There was a serious learning curve on the controls. I eventually got them down, and it got a lot more fun once I did, but the first six or so levels were such a pain in the ass due to them.