PDA

View Full Version : Oh by the way, be sure to BUFF

Pogo27
05-12-2011, 03:16 PM
For those of you complaining that Brink is too hard for your liking, keep in mind that it's a team game. It's important that you buff your teammates and let them buff you too.

The AI, no matter how stupid you may think their battle decisions are, tend to be pretty good about buffing the player. And other players...are hit and miss...

A medic's primary buff give you an extra health pip. An upgraded medic will give you multiple extra health pips. More than that, an upgraded Medic can also give you a Metabolism buff, which increases your health regen rate (and that lasts until you die), as well as temporary invulnerability via Adrenaline Boost, or a temporary speed increase via Speed Boost.

An engineer's primary buff will upgrade your weapon, increasing its damage. Moreover, upgraded engineers can also provide teammates with Extra Kevlar, reducing the damage they take from enemies (provided the enemy doesn't have a particular soldier buff). And finally, an engineer can eventually upgrade himself to give weapons an even greater buff.

A soldier's main "buff" is to simply reload ammo. It's useful, but not extraordinary, at least not at first. One of the first upgradeable abilities is the Armor Piercing Ammo. A player who has received Armor Piercing Ammo from a soldier will ignore enemy player's Kevlar buffs. Additionally, an upgraded soldier can increase the maximum ammo capacity for himself and his teammates.

So, if you're going down too quickly, try to get that extra health pip from a medic and the Kevlar from an engineer (medics can self-buff themselves). And if you're struggling to do damage to the enemy, have an engineer upgrade your weapon and get some armor piercing rounds from a solider in case an enemy engineer is dishing out Kevlar.

Teamwork, teamwork, teamwork. That's what this game is all about. A group of 3 players max-buffed will easily take out a group of 5-8 players who didn't bother buff, particularly if the medic is good about dishing out heals. Buffs make a major difference.

Pr0ph3cy
05-12-2011, 03:31 PM
sadly no headshots. So putting a full clip into someone is not my cup of tea

namepending
05-12-2011, 04:48 PM
Just make sure when you are a medic don't go around buffing everyone's health so you have no pips for revives, revives are more points and more useful. IMO

Pogo27
05-12-2011, 05:26 PM
Well, ideally each team should have like 2 medics. And when you're fully upgraded, you have like 7 pips.

That's enough to buff yourself and 3 teammates with just the 2 extra health pips, and still have 3 left over. And really, as long as you keep yourself at around 2, that should be enough to revive everyone.

If it's not, the medic pips aren't the reason you're not winning...

namepending
05-12-2011, 06:22 PM
yeah, i do agree, but i usually play as a class with abilities in all classes, so i don't have those extra pips myself. if people aren't going for the objective i like to be able to switch and actually have abilities for whatever class i pick.