PDA

View Full Version : Can i make multiple characters for each mission

FR MATTUU
05-13-2011, 08:22 PM
What the title says because i keep getting into rooms with complete idiot who are more stupider then the A.I.

Laronvas
05-13-2011, 08:27 PM
What the title says because i keep getting into rooms with complete idiot who are more stupider then the A.I.

I'm not sure what you mean...when you "create" a character you use that character for both Security and Resistance missions.

Any abilities you have work on either faction. The easiest way to find people who know what they're doing is to just level up and you'll be placed in Rank 2, Rank 3, etc. matches which means your with people who have actually been playing and hopefully have learned the basics.

I noticed when I made a new character to fix a bugged achievement I was in the new characters Rank 1 server and wanted to beat my head against a wall because the new Rank 1 players were obviously confused or learning the game.

FR MATTUU
05-13-2011, 08:41 PM
I'm not sure what you mean...when you "create" a character you use that character for both Security and Resistance missions.

Any abilities you have work on either faction. The easiest way to find people who know what they're doing is to just level up and you'll be placed in Rank 2, Rank 3, etc. matches which means your with people who have actually been playing and hopefully have learned the basics.

I noticed when I made a new character to fix a bugged achievement I was in the new characters Rank 1 server and wanted to beat my head against a wall because the new Rank 1 players were obviously confused or learning the game.

what i mean is there is another thread saying how to get in a versus game by yourself by being a level 1. well can i do 1 mission then make a new character and do the next mission.

Laronvas
05-13-2011, 08:56 PM
what i mean is there is another thread saying how to get in a versus game by yourself by being a level 1. well can i do 1 mission then make a new character and do the next mission.

Your wording is still vague and confusing.

You can technically create a second character and then go play mission 2 or mission 15 if you want (you can play them in any order)

There's no real reason to create a new character unless your trying to exploit the system in some way.

Your second+ characters will have access to all the clothing and firearm options you've unlocked but abilities exp and rank will still be level 1 and you don't get access to the free 1,000 EXP video boost from what I noticed. (Your body type is level restricted so you can't access heav/lighy right away)

I created a 2nd character and completed 1 mission to unlock Tough As Nails achievement. So for achievement reasons they appear attached to your profile not an individual character.

FR MATTUU
05-13-2011, 09:13 PM
Your wording is still vague and confusing.

You can technically create a second character and then go play mission 2 or mission 15 if you want (you can play them in any order)

There's no real reason to create a new character unless your trying to exploit the system in some way.

Your second+ characters will have access to all the clothing and firearm options you've unlocked but abilities exp and rank will still be level 1 and you don't get access to the free 1,000 EXP video boost from what I noticed. (Your body type is level restricted so you can't access heav/lighy right away)

I created a 2nd character and completed 1 mission to unlock Tough As Nails achievement. So for achievement reasons they appear attached to your profile not an individual character.

Right now i have a level 14 character that i used to beat the first 4 missions of security on hard.

Now i made a level 1 character to beat the last 2 missions of security on hard.

Will this still unlock the achievement.

Laronvas
05-13-2011, 10:49 PM
Right now i have a level 14 character that i used to beat the first 4 missions of security on hard.

Now i made a level 1 character to beat the last 2 missions of security on hard.

Will this still unlock the achievement.

Ok, I created a lvl 1 character because my achievement for "Tough as Nails" seemed bugged and didn't award to me. So I completed Resistance Mission 1 campaign in versus mode with my new LvL 1 guy and it did unlocked the achievement.

So I can only assume the achievement checking code is looking at your entire profile and not an individual character...so I think yes it would work for you.

One easy way to find out is create a character and play the last couple missions and you should get the achievement for being the security missions (You Saved The Ark!) if that pops then yes you know if you keep making new guys to finish out each mission you'll get the big achievements.