PDA

View Full Version : Teaser Trailers

Cyler12
05-14-2011, 06:40 PM
Those video are sweet even though they were like 35 seconds a piece.

Do you guys think Makarov will attack all those places?

Spanish Assault
05-14-2011, 06:59 PM
all I know is they make me want to buy this game...

JASEL84
05-14-2011, 08:42 PM
I still dont know what to think about this game

Rivercurse
05-14-2011, 11:37 PM
Probably gonna end up getting it, but right now i'm sceptical because of all the lawsuits etc. So far as i understand, It's MW3 in name only really, none of the previous devs are involved.

Lord Yamikage
05-14-2011, 11:41 PM
Probably gonna end up getting it, but right now i'm sceptical because of all the lawsuits etc. So far as i understand, It's MW3 in name only really, none of the previous devs are involved.

When I read about that article, I dread that MW3 will be cancel or something. Good that it's not, but worry how it will turn out.

As for the video, I want more!!

Miles Prower F6
05-15-2011, 04:38 AM
A storm is coming.

There's going to be a real heavyweight battle between Activision and EA when Battlefield 3 goes up against Modern Warfare 3.

The good new is that either way the buyers win, as competition means raising the bar to make a better game. A better game is always good.

From what I see though.

MW3 is really behind due to the Infinity Ward and Activision fallout. MW3 is being co-developed by Sledgehammer Games and Raven Head Studios. Sledgehammer is a new company founded in 2009 and Raven Software has very little modern FPS development experience.

On the other hand.

DICE has built up a strong idea of what console FPS fans want in their game by launching several spin-off to test the waters. The Bad Company games cover retail, Battlefield 1943 on XBLA which is one of the highest rated XBLA games, and then several free online games like Battlefield Heroes and Battlefield Play4Free. All of these games collected information on console FPS fan's tastes in preparation of the true sequel to the Battlefield main seres: Battlefield 3.

EA's CEO proclaimed that he is willing to spend 100 million dollars alone on advertising campaigns to push BF3 as a top tier FPS competitor. The graphics and special effects alone on BF3's faultline trailor combined with an expensive new engine designed from the ground up demonstrates the seriousness of EA's stance in hoping to swing the FPS market away from Activision. This is the ideal time for EA to strike, Call of Duty is weakened considerably with the Infinity Ward fallout while Battlefield has been gaining popularity.

So from what I see, it looks like MW3 is not in the best position. Being co-developed by 2 companies taking over Infinity Ward's place, and releasing trailers in the mid 2nd quarter for a game that should be releasing 4th quarter deffinitely suggests some things. One could argue that you don't show footage until you're ready, but even that doesn't help much if MW3 is JUST NOW getting ready to show teasers.

Sledgehammer(who is working on the campaign while Raven Software works the multiplayer) says they aim to create the "first CoD campaign experience free of glitches." And that they aim for no lower than a 95 metascore.

There's the situation. You guys decide now.

JonnyNumber1
05-15-2011, 04:41 AM
Woo Modern Warfare 3 forums lol

OT- Yeah those teasers trailers were pretty sick. Makarov will prob attack them & other locations.
Am I the only person who thinks Shepard will still be alive. I can see him in Mw3 with an eye patch lol.

Cyler12
05-15-2011, 04:44 PM
Those trailers just get me excited for the amazing Call of Duty campaigns. As for MP I will treat it as a small bonus to the game for right now.

StillTIPPIN187
05-15-2011, 08:53 PM

Where do some of you guys get your information from? or do you just go off rumors and speculation?

IW is still on this game.. Original IW Devs and New devs from Activision "reforming" the studio. Not everyone walked out when the Creators were fired.

and yes, More than likely.. its "MW3" for the time being anyway.. court case is in august i think. So it might go back to "Modern Warfare 3" on the box art and logos then.

StillTIPPIN187
05-15-2011, 08:57 PM
A storm is coming.

There's going to be a real heavyweight battle between Activision and EA when Battlefield 3 goes up against Modern Warfare 3.

The good new is that either way the buyers win, as competition means raising the bar to make a better game. A better game is always good.

From what I see though.

MW3 is really behind due to the Infinity Ward and Activision fallout. MW3 is being co-developed by Sledgehammer Games and Raven Head Studios. Sledgehammer is a new company founded in 2009 and Raven Software has very little modern FPS development experience.

On the other hand.

DICE has built up a strong idea of what console FPS fans want in their game by launching several spin-off to test the waters. The Bad Company games cover retail, Battlefield 1943 on XBLA which is one of the highest rated XBLA games, and then several free online games like Battlefield Heroes and Battlefield Play4Free. All of these games collected information on console FPS fan's tastes in preparation of the true sequel to the Battlefield main seres: Battlefield 3.

EA's CEO proclaimed that he is willing to spend 100 million dollars alone on advertising campaigns to push BF3 as a top tier FPS competitor. The graphics and special effects alone on BF3's faultline trailor combined with an expensive new engine designed from the ground up demonstrates the seriousness of EA's stance in hoping to swing the FPS market away from Activision. This is the ideal time for EA to strike, Call of Duty is weakened considerably with the Infinity Ward fallout while Battlefield has been gaining popularity.

So from what I see, it looks like MW3 is not in the best position. Being co-developed by 2 companies taking over Infinity Ward's place, and releasing trailers in the mid 2nd quarter for a game that should be releasing 4th quarter deffinitely suggests some things. One could argue that you don't show footage until you're ready, but even that doesn't help much if MW3 is JUST NOW getting ready to show teasers.

Sledgehammer(who is working on the campaign while Raven Software works the multiplayer) says they aim to create the "first CoD campaign experience free of glitches." And that they aim for no lower than a 95 metascore.

Once again, some is spreading lies and slander.

IW is on this IP as well.

Spanish Assault
05-15-2011, 11:39 PM
A storm is coming.

All I know is BC3 looks pretty bad ass...MW2 always looked "crisper" the BC...but the newest one looks pretty sweet...I might get both.

Rivercurse
05-16-2011, 01:04 AM

It ain't the same IW.

Miles Prower F6
05-16-2011, 01:42 AM

The remnant of whatever is left of Infinity Ward is so weakened that Activision had no choice but to call in Sledgehammer Games and Raven Software to literally reinforce the damage done to Infinity Ward after the Activision/IW fallout.

This was done in silence so as not to bring attention to the holes punched in IW.

Source (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/entertainmentnewsbuzz/2011/01/activision-calls-in-reinforcements-for-next-call-of-duty-following-infinity-ward-meltdown.html)

What's more is that it's Sledgehammer Games at the forefront speaking and NOT Infinity Ward. A brand new studio founded in 2009 coming out and making proclaimations about Infinity Ward's game instead of Infinity Ward themselves.

Miles Prower F6
05-16-2011, 02:04 AM
Here's another interesting element of Call of Duty.

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 graded by Metacritic.

-100 critics rate Modern Warfare 2 averaging out to a 94% metascore.
-1836 users rate Modern Warfare 2 averaging out to a 60% userscore.

Call of Duty Black Ops graded by Metacritic.

-89 critics rate Black Ops averaging out to an 87% metascore.
-684 users rate Black Ops averaging out to a 60% userscore.

That is a huge discrepancy between the critical ratings and the user ratings. A 34% difference on MW2, and a 27% difference on BO.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 graded by metacritic.

-75 critics rate Bad Company 2 averaging out to 88% metascore.
-596 users rate Bad Company 2 averaging out to a 87% userscore.

The critics and users are on the same wavelength here, only 1% off of one another.

Take these numbers however you will but I think Call of Duty has a lot to explain.

Sources...

Modern Warfare 2 (http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-2)

Black Ops (http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/call-of-duty-black-ops)

Bad Company 2 (http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/battlefield-bad-company)

sonicwindisd
05-16-2011, 02:06 AM
Woo Modern Warfare 3 forums lol

OT- Yeah those teasers trailers were pretty sick. Makarov will prob attack them & other locations.
Am I the only person who thinks Shepard will still be alive. I can see him in Mw3 with an eye patch lol.

He's gonna die way before the game ends if he makes it there... Either that, or Makarov is going down and Shep takes over :p
MW3 in the trailers looks mintt :D

Hamburgerous
05-16-2011, 08:18 AM
A storm is coming.

Yeah, but only one says "CoD" on the cover and you can't really fight that. It's like King Canute.

And the discrepancy between the critics and customer reviews doesn't really mean anything.Especially as the customer reviews for MW2 although seemingly bad, didn't stop Black Ops from being the best selling CoD ever.

The problem is the CoD community has so many whiny little bitches in it. If they get killed by a noob tube 3 times in a game they say they are boycotting the game and go post bad reviews. But then they calm down, have a cookie and come right back.

StillTIPPIN187
05-16-2011, 05:37 PM
It ain't the same IW.

Naw really? lol.. I wouldn't expect it to be the same IW when nearly all of them walked out.

The remnant of whatever is left of Infinity Ward is so weakened that Activision had no choice but to call in Sledgehammer Games and Raven Software to literally reinforce the damage done to Infinity Ward after the Activision/IW fallout.

This was done in silence so as not to bring attention to the holes punched in IW.

Source (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/entertainmentnewsbuzz/2011/01/activision-calls-in-reinforcements-for-next-call-of-duty-following-infinity-ward-meltdown.html)

What's more is that it's Sledgehammer Games at the forefront speaking and NOT Infinity Ward. A brand new studio founded in 2009 coming out and making proclaimations about Infinity Ward's game instead of Infinity Ward themselves.

IW is fully back up to par with 100+ memers. Activision has confirmed this. IW and sledgehammer are sharing Equal duties on the MW3 SP. while raven is doing the MP.

WylieStud
05-16-2011, 05:42 PM
The reason i play the Call of Duty franchise is for the Hardcore mode online. Now that people are talking like theres Hardcore for Battlefield 3 i could see a lot of people possibly switching over from this make or break title.

NrGxNanaki
05-16-2011, 05:50 PM
Trailers on MW3

YouTube - Call of Duty - Modern Warfare 3: England Teaser Trailer

YouTube - Call of Duty - Modern Warfare 3: American Teaser Trailer

Hamburgerous
05-16-2011, 06:41 PM
YAY! I only wish they'd set it in Glasgow, that would be the funniest CoD to date.

Miles Prower F6
05-17-2011, 02:25 AM
IW is fully back up to par with 100+ memers. Activision has confirmed this. IW and sledgehammer are sharing Equal duties on the MW3 SP. while raven is doing the MP.

If IW was back to full power there would be no need for Sledgehammer or Raven.

Face the facts, they are clear and right in front of you.

Hamburgerous
05-17-2011, 07:50 AM
If IW was back to full power there would be no need for Sledgehammer or Raven.

Face the facts, they are clear and right in front of you.

Treyarch are at full strength and they still outsourced various aspects of development. The real "facts" are that several studios are working on the game. The "facts" you talk of are hearsay and conjecture over why this might be and really aren't facts at all.

Miles Prower F6
05-17-2011, 08:37 AM
Treyarch are at full strength and they still outsourced various aspects of development. The real "facts" are that several studios are working on the game. The "facts" you talk of are hearsay and conjecture over why this might be and really aren't facts at all.

Except my information is sourced and you are just saying random things on the internet. Not to mention that Treyarch is not working on MW3 making them irrelevant.

So I am afraid you are mistaken.

Rivercurse
05-17-2011, 12:36 PM
Naw really? lol.. I wouldn't expect it to be the same IW when nearly all of them walked out.

Well thats the point, isn't it.