PDA

View Full Version : Game Discussion!

Mr Bungle
05-15-2011, 09:00 AM
Well, I for one am over the moon about MW3 being officially announced.

Loved the first, liked the second. Did not like Black Ops very much though.

So, discuss this game :)

What would you like to see?

SubG3nius
05-15-2011, 09:09 AM
I would like to see them maybe go back a little to like COD4. Without a lot of these killstreaks or at least no game changing killstreaks. No stupid perks like OMA, Danger Close and Comando, but hopefully they've learned after MW2.

I thought most of the maps in MW and MW2 was good, and better then the Black Ops maps, so some maps more like Scrapyard, Storm, Afghan etc. would be nice.

I would also welcome destroyable enviroment... but I think that is wanting to much.

Mr Bungle
05-15-2011, 09:52 AM
I would like to see them maybe go back a little to like COD4. Without a lot of these killstreaks or at least no game changing killstreaks. No stupid perks like OMA, Danger Close and Comando, but hopefully they've learned after MW2.

I thought most of the maps in MW and MW2 was good, and better then the Black Ops maps, so some maps more like Scrapyard, Storm, Afghan etc. would be nice.

I would also welcome destroyable enviroment... but I think that is wanting to much.

I agree with... pretty much all you just said.

If MW3 can be more like the first MW, I would be a happy man!

Hamburgerous
05-15-2011, 12:18 PM
I really, really hope they don't add destructible environments to MW3. Something that always amazes me when I play MW2 is how thought out every sight line and vantage point is. It's difficult to explain without a video but I think destructible environments are good in things like Battlefield where it's a huge enviroment, but CoD is about frantic urban combat and if you can just blow up all the buildings then something is lost I fear.

JASEL84
05-15-2011, 12:32 PM
MW3 can be like COD 4. Amen to that. I'm happy to see old weapons. Maybe horde game mode will be more fun then zombies. that i actually love. I hope that all weapons will be diffferent becouse in Black Ops all weapons feel same for me. Sry for my english:/

SubG3nius
05-15-2011, 03:08 PM
I really, really hope they don't add destructible environments to MW3. Something that always amazes me when I play MW2 is how thought out every sight line and vantage point is. It's difficult to explain without a video but I think destructible environments are good in things like Battlefield where it's a huge enviroment, but CoD is about frantic urban combat and if you can just blow up all the buildings then something is lost I fear.

Yeah, but I wasn't speaking about complete destroyable enviroments like taking down whole buildings, I was more thinking like blowing up walls to make a shortcut or something like that.

Mr Bungle
05-16-2011, 01:11 AM
I really hope there isn't a zombie mode in MW3. Even though it's unlikely considering that is Treyarch's thing.

MC B0B x360a
05-16-2011, 09:50 PM
402 made a tweet today that hinted at possbily having a killstreak cycle feature. That would be pretty awesome. Everyone hates having to use an airstrike when they cant get to their uav.

Also, 4 player co-op campaign is a must.

Spanish Assault
05-16-2011, 09:59 PM
402 made a tweet today that hinted at possbily having a killstreak cycle feature. That would be pretty awesome. Everyone hates having to use an airstrike when they cant get to their uav.

explain...how would it cycle?

Ice Car
05-16-2011, 10:08 PM
Hopefully IW makes an attempt at balancing the game without going overboard like Treyarch. There can be too much of a good thing. I'm not keeping my hopes up on them changing much.

Hamburgerous
05-16-2011, 10:41 PM

Up and/or down on the D-Pad would be my first guess. I'm pleased they're doing that though.

Does the fact that 402 can confirm what they are and aren't working on at least show that Infinity Ward are working on this game? And this stupid argument can end?

StillTIPPIN187
05-16-2011, 11:13 PM

Would love to go though the campaign with 4 others over XBL.

But, i would be satisfied if they would do this for spec ops.

and killstreak cycle feature would be nice!

Spanish Assault
05-16-2011, 11:49 PM
Hopefully IW makes an attempt at balancing the game without going overboard like Treyarch. There can be too much of a good thing. I'm not keeping my hopes up on them changing much.

They need to leave it as similar to MW2 as they can. Maybe tweak something and remove HBS and Comando.

Up and/or down on the D-Pad would be my first guess. I'm pleased they're doing that though.

Does the fact that 402 can confirm what they are and aren't working on at least show that Infinity Ward are working on this game? And this stupid argument can end?

Ah that makes sense...

cHRiSCOe
05-17-2011, 04:23 AM

I think I get what your saying....

If you have multiple kill streaks like uav predator missile, and chopper you could choose which one you let out first?

WylieStud
05-17-2011, 04:52 AM

If you have multiple kill streaks like uav predator missile, and chopper you could choose which one you let out first?

Yes that would be a BIG improvement. sometimes kills come too quickly and you need to be able to go back a killstreak.

Things i would like to see in MW3:

1.) Please oh Please keep the Ghost or UAV Jammer Perk.

2.) switching the Claymore settings back to MW2 controls would be nice, rather than having to select up on the D-pad. its just a quick and easy RB. i would sacrifice my grenades for that. How about you guys?

SubG3nius
05-17-2011, 07:03 AM

No it's not, as long as they do a Spec Ops mode and a Horde mode, there is no reason to make a co-op campaign, it suits Halo, but don't think it would suit MW3.

Like they said when MW2 came out, we won't do a co-op campaign because it would remove the feeling if there was a "cutscene" and someone was sitting as Soap, shotting up in the air.

Hopefully, no co-op campaign, and I'm pretty sure about that.

MC B0B x360a
05-17-2011, 01:06 PM

ummmm. Use a button on your controller to cylce through your killstreaks. If you had three killstreaks saved up you could use them in any order you want to.

No it's not, as long as they do a Spec Ops mode and a Horde mode, there is no reason to make a co-op campaign, it suits Halo, but don't think it would suit MW3.

Like they said when MW2 came out, we won't do a co-op campaign because it would remove the feeling if there was a "cutscene" and someone was sitting as Soap, shotting up in the air.

Hopefully, no co-op campaign, and I'm pretty sure about that.

couldnt disagree more. Why would it not suit mw3 and but suit halo fine. That doesnt make sense. How difficult is it in the cutscene to add a person into the scene for every person playing in the co-op party. Somehow halo manages to make it work. The whole cutscene thing is a sorry excuse for just being lazy and cheap.

Spanish Assault
05-17-2011, 02:34 PM

ummmm. Use a button on your controller to cylce through your killstreaks. If you had three killstreaks saved up you could use them in any order you want to.

Wow...too much rubberbanding in Homefront is making you cranky...

Hamburgers was nice about it and understood that i can't read your mind...also I wasn't the only guy who didnt quite get what you were talking about...

NrGxNanaki
05-17-2011, 02:42 PM
I would like to see faster gameplay, NO GHOST PERK as its for fags!
NO stackable KS, new weapons, NO cod points, no famas, basically nothing from BLACK OPS except non stackable KS....

Then i will be happy :D

MC B0B x360a
05-17-2011, 03:19 PM

IW is 100% on board for MW3. 402 tweeted that his site is the only place to go for official mw3 info.

Wow...too much rubberbanding in Homefront is making you cranky...

not cranky. Just surprised you didnt know what I was talking about. I think you are more cranky about homefront boosting than I am. You must really miss my sniper abilites with the noobtube. Hold your horses for another 24 hours. I need 90 more kills in homefront and then wednesday night I will be back on mw2 fulltime. I will even be on early cause the wife will be out of town. Do you think you can survive without me for another 24 hours????

Spanish Assault
05-17-2011, 04:56 PM
I would like to see faster gameplay, NO GHOST PERK as its for fags!
NO stackable KS, new weapons, NO cod points, no famas, basically nothing from BLACK OPS except non stackable KS....

Then i will be happy :D

I was going to argue that none of that stiff was in MW2 then I finished reading what you said...so yeah i agree with you. Keep it the way it is.

IW is 100% on board for MW3. 402 tweeted that his site is the only place to go for official mw3 info.

not cranky. Just surprised you didnt know what I was talking about. I think you are more cranky about homefront boosting than I am. You must really miss my sniper abilites with the noobtube. Hold your horses for another 24 hours. I need 90 more kills in homefront and then wednesday night I will be back on mw2 fulltime. I will even be on early cause the wife will be out of town. Do you think you can survive without me for another 24 hours????

I'll see what I can do...I played with Rocker Monday night, but then no one was on last night, so I played a little Rock Band. I need my noob tube support otherwise I suck.

Eazynem Makaveli
05-17-2011, 10:23 PM
MW3 should be like MW2 not dark grey Cod4 MW..i do like Cod4 MW but MW3 should not be like Cod4 MW..no just no.

Hamburgerous
05-18-2011, 07:56 AM
Hamburgers was nice about it and understood that i can't read your mind...also I wasn't the only guy who didnt quite get what you were talking about...

That doesn't get said often.

Spanish Assault
05-18-2011, 02:24 PM
That doesn't get said often.
you sig is funny....you know evey 12 year old is starting the which is better thread in BO's.

slayer8462
05-18-2011, 11:13 PM
i would not like to see fuckin last stand show up again .... that perk is way overused in black ops ... i'd rather see juggernaut than last stand honestly

but i'd like to see a perk that counters camoflague/cold-blooded/GHOST pussies

MathPiTM
05-18-2011, 11:57 PM
4 player campaign, killstreak cycle, awesome graphics?
AND I hear it's coming out in November?
Just Great.

Vegaskingz
05-19-2011, 11:51 PM
I really wanna see stopping power make a return. I like how in Mw2 stopping power was in the same perk tier as cold blooded, so you had to sacrifice weapon damage for immunity against UAV's. Which I think was a good tradeoff.

MWacesz420
08-15-2011, 06:14 AM
i want to see Combat Training make a return, it was one of the best inventions COD came up with that really needs to be adapted and put into other games from now on and it was the only reason i bought black ops...............no joke

if modern warfare 3 does not have combat training, i guess i'll have to end my COD career with Black Ops, which don't feel right cause black ops was trash

Burnout x360a
08-15-2011, 07:55 AM
i want to see Combat Training make a return, it was one of the best inventions COD came up with that really needs to be adapted and put into other games from now on and it was the only reason i bought black ops...............no joke

COD didn't come up with playing against bots. It's been done for years.

Coadster1
08-15-2011, 08:05 AM
COD didn't come up with playing against bots. It's been done for years.
No, but they came up with Combat Training, the first Call of Duty to implement mulitplayer bots, I would love to see Combat Training return as well, but with more game types than just TDM and FFA. I would love to play some Search against bots! :p

Burnout x360a
08-15-2011, 08:22 AM
No, but they came up with Combat Training, the first Call of Duty to implement mulitplayer bots, I would love to see Combat Training return as well, but with more game types than just TDM and FFA. I would love to play some Search against bots! :p

That's true but hardly an 'invention' as he put it :p Rather an innovation.

If they add in other modes, i'm down for that!

Nozza XBA
08-15-2011, 02:02 PM
I like the look of there Survival mode. It's a again something new for CoD and replaces Zombies in a way. I can see that getting a bit crazy and a lot panic shouting down the mic's when with mates. Which is always fun!

I hope they've sorted the MP out a little with their killstreaks. That's one thing that put me off MW2. To much in the sky, and I like how it was capped in Blops. I'm kind of getting bored of CoD now, yet I do buy them as it's good gathering of mates game. Plus I need to add it to the collection haha.

I to also hope they have some sort of Combat Training though Blops had 4 things:

Campaign
Mulitplayer
Combat Training
Zombies

So I wonder if MW3 won't have CT and is replacing it Survival? So they then have:

Campaign
Multiplayer
Spec-Ops
Survivial

Just a stab in the dark though...

TG Wolf
08-15-2011, 04:02 PM
I had an extremely long, very well written and harshly truthful rant but I decided to delete it and go for the abridged version.

-Played 85 games of MW2 today, recorded them with capture card to look over. What I saw was severely embarrassing, many people who should be ashamed to call themselves gamers etc. etc.
You know, the same bull**** that MW2 is full of.

I know what keeps 90% of those who still play it, playing it:
-Can't play without the explosive/knife spammability
-Prefer to play using the above
-People in denial over their reliance on the above.

The other 10% must all hang out together since you never see them in the game.

The multitude of failures MW2 has is mostly contained in its gameplay though, the weapon balancing was pretty good, challenges were enjoyable mostly and aside from a few things being in the wrong places, like the shotgun, and equipment not being separate from grenades it was ok as long as you didn't actually try to play the game (unless you are.. you know what, I'll get to that in a minute.)

Black Ops did almost everything right, it achieved balance. Then it ruined it by balancing everything, on the plus side it drove most of the tube happy monkeys back to MW2, on the downside now everyone thinks BOps is boring. Of course most of those people are the tube happy monkeys previously mentioned so their opinions don't really count but that's beside the point.

Gameplay wise, BOps succeeded now add a dash of MW2 speed, mix the two's weapons and unlock systems into something new, move some stuff around (again, shotgun-primary)
and there you have MW3, strengths of them both and weaknesses of neither (new weaknesses, hooray!)

Now since they won't listen to any of us anyway, I'm only going to say 1 feature that REALLY needs to be in the game.

Now I'm going to take a shot at a certain country here, you can probably already guess which one but here goes..
America/ns, no offence and you already know this but in general your connections ruin any P2P based game due to them always taking precedence. Its not your fault, there are a few reasons why this is, none of them good (and the real one just lol, but I wasn't surprised)
but back to the point just include BOps search system with the option to search local only etc. in the game. Problem solved.

That's about it.
Feel free to troll me now so I can laugh at you.

Burnout x360a
08-15-2011, 04:33 PM
I like the look of there Survival mode. It's a again something new for CoD and replaces Zombies in a way. I can see that getting a bit crazy and a lot panic shouting down the mic's when with mates. Which is always fun!

I hope they've sorted the MP out a little with their killstreaks. That's one thing that put me off MW2. To much in the sky, and I like how it was capped in Blops. I'm kind of getting bored of CoD now, yet I do buy them as it's good gathering of mates game. Plus I need to add it to the collection haha.

I to also hope they have some sort of Combat Training though Blops had 4 things:

Campaign
Mulitplayer
Combat Traing
Zombies

So I wonder if MW3 won't have CT and is replacing it Survival? So they then have:

Campaign
Multiplayer
Spec-Ops
Survivial

Just a stab in the dark though...

I hope they have CT. That mode was good to let off steam.

StarsAndStraps1
08-18-2011, 12:06 AM
i Agree with what i am seeing, i for one am tired of the whole: Zombie, Horde, and firefight crap. its old and outdated i think, me personally can play 1 or 2 rounds before i start not giving a s*** and just run around unlocking stuff for no reason or plant grenades on walls or fire aimlessly at the environment.

but i dont agree with the destructible environments.... why? i will explain

a few days ago i saw a youtube video of a halo match called speed halo or something like that, the first comment on that video was...." Can't do that in cod" and it got me thinking.... of course you can't do that in cod. there needs to be a variety of games

and thats the keyword here VARIETY if you want that go play battlefield learn the controls, try, dont go in with no high hopes. go in wanting to learn and wanting to try it. i have read on here people bitching about how you die to easily in cod. that shields are better like i said if u want that, go play halo or gears....gears kinda has a shield with the whole cog ring when your being shot at.

and i can guarantee that if they did make environments destructible all of the battlefield fanatics will stick out their chests and say they did it just to compete with battlefield

now im not attacking all these game because i play every type of game imaginable. and i dont have a favorite i will play w/e i feel like playing. but untill we see maybe a

Call of duty: galactic war
Call of duty: they came from beneath
Call of duty: "war in the fields" or "all out war"

you can expect cod to never have, SHIELDS, CREATURES FROM UNDERGROUND, or DESTRUCTIBLE ENVIRONMENTS.

i say this because i have met people who dont like cod cause you die to easily and its to realistic. and they want more of a chance to go guns blazing into a fight and be able to kill 3 people and walk away like F*** yeah. you can still do that in cod tho... iono i will never understand people. its like they just refuse to like a game because its popular.

but Call of duty is the way it is because that's the type of games they are, realistic/made up war in real time. i say made up cause modern warfare and black ops are made up stories. waw iono i played that and once i beat it on veteran i never wanted to look at it again.

so what if in the future or even tommo we get invaded by locusts and grunts and elites will halo and gears no longer be fun because its now a reality?

no one is forcing you to play cod, stop comparing games to w/e your interest is. because if you do that you will never be happy with any type of game.

also i like to add that skill plays a big part. just admit you suck at a game and thats why you dont like it. dont bash on it because it doesnt have elements of other games you enjoy.

oh and if im not mistaken didnt one of the cod's have a mode where you could play like how cod 4 was? they wont make a new game with old game styles they will simply make a new game but include modes to play like the past.