PDA

View Full Version : IS Brink worth buy or just a Rent?

xtimberx
05-15-2011, 01:12 PM
i have been contemplating on getting this game my cousin works for bethesda and says its fun but im still skeptical any answers?

Long
05-15-2011, 01:18 PM
If you got like 4-7 other friends to play with, then it's pretty decent.

If not, then no. Shitty A.I. and ubalanced gameplay are not worth it.

N3xus Gam3r
05-15-2011, 01:24 PM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=310076

Iv AJay vI
05-15-2011, 01:40 PM
If you got like 4-7 other friends to play with, then it's pretty decent.

If not, then no. Shitty A.I. and ubalanced gameplay are not worth it.

Exactly what I was going to say. If you have friends that have it, you should enjoy the game. Other then that, it's just a grind, and not that great. Easy achievements though.

Genesis x360a
05-15-2011, 01:54 PM
Even if you have friends to play with imo its still just worth a rent. A pretty decent game though. Dont let the reviews fool you.

Iv AJay vI
05-15-2011, 02:16 PM
One more thing to add. Regardless of how many friends you have, that own the game, it's still not worth $60. If you want to buy it, pick up a used copy from eBay or something. They're selling for $40-45 there.

GreyTemplar
05-15-2011, 02:40 PM
I agree, new possibly not. Used, defiantly a worthy addition to your collection.
AI bots suck(that should be patched soon according to SD), and apparently they fixed the lag recently on Live (haven't played online since Thursday) but I cannot vouch for that.
Achievements are fairly easy, I'm short 5 myself. But should have them when I pick up playing again tomorrow.

I CR0W I
05-15-2011, 02:46 PM
I'd recommend waiting until they release a lag-fix patch. Currently they've just switched up the player limits on the playlists so you're playing 4 on 4 (no bots) to fight the lag.
I want 8 on 8 as advertised and without lag so crippling you simply cannot play (I couldn't physically leave my spawn in the last game I played)

But when the game doesn't lag...When you have a decent amount of players...it's one of the best online games I've played in years.

GreyTemplar
05-15-2011, 02:51 PM
I'd recommend waiting until they release a lag-fix patch. Currently they've just switched up the player limits on the playlists so you're playing 4 on 4 (no bots) to fight the lag.
I want 8 on 8 as advertised and without lag so crippling you simply cannot play (I couldn't physically leave my spawn in the last game I played)

But when the game doesn't lag...When you have a decent amount of players...it's one of the best online games I've played in years.

Apparently they did add the game mode "Big Game" for the 8v8, haven't personally checked.

And yes it is one of the best online games, when it WORKS as advertised & more players than bots on the map.

MoonlightKitten
05-15-2011, 07:54 PM
I myself don't go too much by the reviews. I've read them and yeah this game isn't perfect but no game is really. Every game you play will have some issue whether it be the game play,the weapons used,bug and glitches or lag. I pre-ordered the game and never regretted it. I love it to death. But it depends on your preferences as a gamer to be honest. I'd say rent it and if you like then buy it,if not return it.

13ip0lar
05-15-2011, 09:31 PM
As much of a supporter of this game was, I don't think they made it balanced as far as console VS. PC

I'm sure it will work a hell of a lot better on PC, and have a bigger following in a year than it will on console. Let's hope, assuming there is a sequel, they do it right/better. =/

Rent imo, if you find you enjoy it thoroughly despite it's obvious issues, then buy it.