PDA

View Full Version : Easy But Long Way To Get 'Hard As Nails'

TheLostMoment
05-15-2011, 11:57 PM
Sorry if this method has been posted but I haven't seen it anywhere :)

This is time-consuming and people won't thank you for it but here's what I've been doing:

Set up a campaign with 'Everyone' and 'Versus'.

Start the game.

Now go enjoy your day! I just turn the telly off and get on with my life - the game doesn't kick you for being idle so eventually your team will win the mission and proceed to the next. Just keep checking every hour or so to make sure you haven't lagged out.

And that's it! You can get all campaign achievements without lifting a god damn finger.

UPDATE: I can now confirm I have EVERY campaign achievement from doing this. Took about 6 hours, just watched some dvds!

TigerGenocide
05-16-2011, 12:01 AM
I couldn't help but laugh a little. :)

romanzad
05-16-2011, 09:39 AM
this is really annoying as when i was playing the game there was 4 of my team mates all idle and i couldn't even complete the objectives as i was outnumbered!!

Reqqu
05-16-2011, 10:49 AM
Well, game was pretty funny and leveling up was super fast (rank 5 in 10 hours), so idling feels kind... very stypid. Why even buy game if you dont want to play it? "Hard As Nails" is just how this game should play, player versus player, you can achieve it easily just lifting your god damn finger... just a little bit.

TRICKY1976
05-16-2011, 10:54 AM
I dont mind doing little tricks to get the achievements but on this one i agree with the other posts why buy the game?? seems like a waste of time leaving your 360 on and doing nothing id rather play the game for this achievement!

TheLostMoment
05-16-2011, 11:03 AM
That's fair enough guys, each to their own. Just know that I only rented the game, and on discovering just what a steaming pile of shit it is I myself preferred doing this :)

Geordiefly
05-16-2011, 11:10 AM
That's fair enough guys, each to their own. Just know that I only rented the game, and on discovering just what a steaming pile of shit it is I myself preferred doing this :)

Yer we get that, but just because you dont enjoy the game doesnt mean you should make it worse for others! Now all the little pratts will be trying this and we'll be stuck in a room full of vegetables... cheers mate

TheLostMoment
05-16-2011, 11:56 AM
Yer we get that, but just because you dont enjoy the game doesnt mean you should make it worse for others! Now all the little pratts will be trying this and we'll be stuck in a room full of vegetables... cheers mate

Oh, I'm sorry - I thought this was a website for ACHIEVEMENTS. There is nothing honorable about boosting in any way shape or form on any game - if you boost for anything in public matches people are gonna be pissed at you. The tagline of this site is 'every point counts'. All I've done is show a method for getting the big ones.

The bottom line is that simply by coming onto this forum, people are not trying to get legit achievements. They are trying to find shortcuts and easy methods. And anyway, I would've thought the crippling lag and repetitive gameplay would do a good enough job of spoiling this game for others.

uait
05-16-2011, 12:40 PM
I won't use the "trick" but it's a very nice find!

ponypo2001
05-16-2011, 01:07 PM
this is really annoying as when i was playing the game there was 4 of my team mates all idle and i couldn't even complete the objectives as i was outnumbered!!

This is so true. It's actually much quicker and easier if you get off your arse and help. The match can be over in minutes on most maps. However, people sitting idle drags it out even longer. Really is quicker and just as easy to play properly. Only took me a few hours to do them all so really no excuse at this juncture to sit idle. Just my opinion.

FroZeNSouL
05-16-2011, 01:12 PM
Well said lostMoment!
Completely agree, on both sides :P
Yes I've seen alot more ppl do this recently in last couple of days, and o it is freaking annoying, especialy if worked ass off and going for the last push (no inuendo intended)
BUT he's completely nailed it, this is an achievement website, and granted u can think to itself "Urgh, what's the point!!" but u don't NEED to express that on the forums (well unless its a constant problem every match ur in).
If there is a crazy abundance of ppl doing it though, just go in the forums n get a decent group together!!
I did like this game, and loved TF2, but from my point of view now, id rather trade in an spend less money on getting new titles, rather than playing a game I've now cleared, once in a while. While its gd, its not great.

Iv AJay vI
05-16-2011, 01:27 PM
Lmfao, really?

Kif
05-16-2011, 03:41 PM
I probably wouldn't have said I'd done this, but to each their own. One time all of my bots were busy protecting a command point we already had, leaving me and 2 other humans to beat a team of 8. Still won, but damn this game's AI is bad.

Quid Squid
05-16-2011, 04:47 PM
gonna be great when people leave their system on for 6 hours doing this homing to make some progress, only to find out they're still in the exact same map when they return.

tazmad
05-16-2011, 05:20 PM
So you say you got all campaign achievements this way, do you mean the achievements for completing the campaign or every achievement apart from the online achievement. I would say if it is only the complete campaign achievement then this is really not worth doing due to the fact that all the other achievements you could get at the same time playing legit.

How many achievements points did you get after your 6 hours. Thanks.

I am not flaming your method I think it is epic & if you have a few hours spare then why not.

I CR0W I
05-16-2011, 05:57 PM
Good luck with that. My chums and I tend to votekick idle players.

littlejay
05-16-2011, 06:36 PM
don't idle. people are trying to play the game and you make it harder on them when you do that. Also, you have a better chance at getting the achievements faster if you actually play the game.

H0p3sfalL
05-16-2011, 06:48 PM
lol thats awesome ! After going through all the lvls and not have it pop, maybe this may work.

The Subtle Arts
05-16-2011, 07:41 PM
That's some idea. Having spent 1.5 hours getting this achievement by actually enjoying the game and playing with friends, with no lag what-so-ever I may add, I find this kind of apathetic way of getting an achievement extremely pathetic and juvenile to say the least. Making excuses to justify this idea just prooves how ridiculous some people are.

smorpheus
05-16-2011, 08:06 PM
There's a difference between griefing and boosting. If you need to grief to boost, you probably shouldn't be doing it, at least if you don't want to be a dick. This game has enough problems without players idle-boosting and ruining team balance.

Geordiefly
05-16-2011, 08:08 PM
Youre correct Moment, the tag line is Every Point Counts and i know what you mean about the boosting etc. But last time i checked this forum is to help gamers get the most out of their games, not to teach you how to cripple other peoples games. Your talking about the lag and repetitive gameplay getting to you then you suggest this, your adding to the problem!

Fair enough if people want to do it its up to them - But your taking the one thing this game has going for it (co-op) and destroying it. If you have so much of a problem with it, sod off back to CoD!

TheLostMoment
05-16-2011, 09:51 PM
Wow, didn't realise this would generate so much hate! Thanks guys. Yes, this method sucks. And I did say 'easy but LONG' way to get it. I'm sure its much more enjoyable to get legit, but like I said I just don't like the game - and its ironic that I'm being told to sod of back to COD (which I hate by the way, I'm a Battlefield guy so I do know decent MP when I see it) when the only legit games I've played are full of dicks racking up kills rather than doing objectives! I don't really care about justifying myself to anyone, this is the first time I've posted a method up on any game in this forum and maybe I was naive to think people would go for it. If its doing more harm than good and not being a 'proper' way to boost then I'm sure a moderator will take it down and that's fair enough. Having said that, EVERY SINGLE game forum I've ever used on this website (and there's been a lot) are FULL of glitches and exploits to make getting achievements easier. I just don't see this as any different. When you consider the amount of people who will have bought Brink to play normally compared to the amount of people that will use this website, then I really don't think you have anything to get so butthurt about :)

littlejay
05-16-2011, 10:25 PM
well anything that suggests going afk while others are playing a game will do that. idle methods that do not hinder anyone else playing the game is cool.

yes, this game is frustrating and it is very tempting to set down a controller to get through it. but it's still pretty easy to play normally and those having to play the game to win for you have more work to do because one less gun is helping them out in a game they prolly don't enjoy either ;)

and yes, battlefield is the best online game out there :)

LiLBrOwNiE247
05-16-2011, 11:54 PM
Well said lostMoment!
Yes I've seen alot more ppl do this recently in last couple of days, and o it is freaking annoying, especialy if worked ass off and going for the last push (no inuendo intended)
BUT he's completely nailed it, this is an achievement website, and granted u can think to itself "Urgh, what's the point!!" but u don't NEED to express that on the forums (well unless its a constant problem every match ur in).
If there is a crazy abundance of ppl doing it though, just go in the forums n get a decent group together!!
I did like this game, and loved TF2, but from my point of view now, id rather trade in an spend less money on getting new titles, rather than playing a game I've now cleared, once in a while. While its gd, its not great.

I'm in the SAME EXACT SITUATION as you are. I got this game hoping for a graphically awesome combination of TF2 and Mirror's Edge, but what I got was something a lot lower than my expectations. I 1000'd it in 2 days without much difficulty, and now am trading it in for L.A. Noire tomorrow.

SWAGGART
05-17-2011, 12:16 AM
Great way to do it mate dont worry about what these pricks/hyprocrites are saying, If your like me and spend 5 hours losing every mission you play, your gonna start looking for methods like this, so I will be doing this. we all boost achs therefore we all at some point have ruined someones gaming experience, simple we are ach whores.

Lord Arkhan
05-19-2011, 06:31 PM
Oh, I'm sorry - I thought this was a website for ACHIEVEMENTS. There is nothing honorable about boosting in any way shape or form on any game - if you boost for anything in public matches people are gonna be pissed at you. The tagline of this site is 'every point counts'. All I've done is show a method for getting the big ones.

The bottom line is that simply by coming onto this forum, people are not trying to get legit achievements. They are trying to find shortcuts and easy methods. And anyway, I would've thought the crippling lag and repetitive game play would do a good enough job of spoiling this game for others.

While I agree 100% about this site being only for achievements, sitting idle in a game that was designed solely for team play having half your team sitting idle make the game impossible.

You can't get the achievements for completing the missions if your team can't complete the mission because half of them are idle.

M1keX
05-19-2011, 06:57 PM
Its simple u see someone doing this and ruining the online for you as this is a team based game (if u want to boost, thats cool just do it else where) just go to the scoreboard, go to thier gamer tag and vote to kick, if theres more real players u should be able to kick them, problem solved :D

myjillvalentine
05-20-2011, 12:30 AM
I hate the reason why you're doing this and I for one won't do it but I do agree with the 'every point counts' thing.

grimmr74
05-20-2011, 04:29 PM
I for one am grateful for this. I have been unable to complete the security side because my bots for some reason choose defend objectives when we should be attacking. Im sorry for everyone whose experience is being ruined but its not like people would be playing this game for longer than a week anyways.

i for one dont see the allure of leveling up multiple characters when i can just sell them on my current, lose a level, then make it different and gain back that level easily

Dragon Master
05-20-2011, 09:52 PM
I have easier and faster way, play with a friend. If you and your friend are average or above average players and work together then you should not have a problem beating the missions against most of the people online since most people are not team players even thought that is what this game is all about.

SonikkuHedgehog
05-23-2011, 07:04 PM
I totally agree with this guy's method.

90% of the time I feel like i'm the only one doing any effort in my matches and keep getting screw cauuse of my shitty teammates. Ironically, when i'm not helping, I win the match.

So yeah, I was forced to use this trick just to get those campaign achievements, which is no skin off my back since I'm only renting this game thru Gamefly.

adz5000
05-26-2011, 03:39 PM
Well said lostMoment!

Well said :goodpost

Shadowfox116
05-26-2011, 04:42 PM

lol, this made my day. im gonna have to do this because i legitimately hate playing this game haha. i am forever grateful sir..

FlyersFan20
05-26-2011, 10:16 PM
As much as I am in favor of the mantra of "Every Point Counts", all AFK'ing in an online game does is hurt the people who are trying to actually play. When you go AFK you tilt the game in favor of the AI, or even players on the other team. I can only hope that Bethesda decides to add an Idle/time out function to the game.

OptimusPrime76
05-27-2011, 07:39 PM
What a tosser the OP is and the same to everyone who agrees with the prick.

Basically your method is 'sit on my fat arse doing nothing and let other people get my achievements for me'. Not only is this an incredibly sad way of earning gamerscore you make it really tough for the other people legitimately trying to play the game.

Seriously, to everyone saying "yeah this game sucks I had to do this method" no you didn't. No one is forcing anyone to play this game so if you don't like it fuck off and play another game.

Tai_MT
05-27-2011, 10:30 PM
I would charge that there's a distinction between "boosting" and what the OP is doing. When you "boost" an achievement, you enlist help from the community or from friends in order to do nothing but gain said achievement or achievements. More often than not, you hurt nobody's experience in the game by "boosting" because you aren't out to win. And nobody really goes into a "boosting match" with less than a four-man-party.

Going AFK in a game in order to boost an achievement, whereas someone does the work for you, is IMHO, akin to the "Transfer Save for Achievements" glitch that people are so fond of doing with games like Gears of War. You're doing no legitimate work for the achievement, you're ruining the experiences of the players, and you're degrading yourself. I do believe that even "glitching" an achievement is frowned upon here.

Every single guide I've read does NOT contain ways to glitch the achievements. They all contain legitimate ways to obtain the achievements and with minimal fuss as possible. And all of the guides require you to actually play the game.

What the OP is suggesting is that simply because the motto around here is "every point counts", that there are no standards or rules or even morals to do with gaining achievements in this place.

I, for one, will likely do this achievement through simple online playing. Or, if a few of my friends buy the game, I'll enlist their help for a Hardmode Campaign where we work together and level up and have fun.

Besides, at least this game isn't as broken and stupid as the multiplayer for games like Gears of War or the hackfest that is Call of Duty Black Ops.

The achievements for this are already easy to get. Oh, and if I see players on the enemy team doing "Idle" things, I'm going to laugh 'cause they just made MY getting the achievement easier and much faster.

redsales
05-28-2011, 02:47 AM
As much as I am in favor of the mantra of "Every Point Counts", all AFK'ing in an online game does is hurt the people who are trying to actually play. When you go AFK you tilt the game in favor of the AI, or even players on the other team. I can only hope that Bethesda decides to add an Idle/time out function to the game.

+1 I don't like what the OP is doing, but he is working "legitimately" within the confines of the game. It falls on Bethesda to time out the idle players to avoid this. I don't even have this game yet, but would definitely vote to kick idles, as is my legitimate right as well. If it's as short as people say, I'd rather just do it than "achieve" something entirely through others' work. Ultimately, we all have to play for what's worthwhile and fun for us. For some people, leaving an xbox on idle turns their crank. For others, guns blazing. Yes, they're the same achievement score, but one is clearly worth more than the other.

Newbie Soldier
05-30-2011, 07:08 PM
I did this already and nothing.. I am going though this with my 2nd character.. is any1 having a problem with getting this done? Its my last one I need.. so If any1 needs it, I will be more then happy to help out, just send a friend request.

Lord Arkhan
06-11-2011, 10:52 AM
I would charge that there's a distinction between "boosting" and what the OP is doing. When you "boost" an achievement, you enlist help from the community or from friends in order to do nothing but gain said achievement or achievements. More often than not, you hurt nobody's experience in the game by "boosting" because you aren't out to win. And nobody really goes into a "boosting match" with less than a four-man-party.

Going AFK in a game in order to boost an achievement, whereas someone does the work for you, is IMHO, akin to the "Transfer Save for Achievements" glitch that people are so fond of doing with games like Gears of War. You're doing no legitimate work for the achievement, you're ruining the experiences of the players, and you're degrading yourself. I do believe that even "glitching" an achievement is frowned upon here.

Every single guide I've read does NOT contain ways to glitch the achievements. They all contain legitimate ways to obtain the achievements and with minimal fuss as possible. And all of the guides require you to actually play the game.

What the OP is suggesting is that simply because the motto around here is "every point counts", that there are no standards or rules or even morals to do with gaining achievements in this place.

I, for one, will likely do this achievement through simple online playing. Or, if a few of my friends buy the game, I'll enlist their help for a Hardmode Campaign where we work together and level up and have fun.

Besides, at least this game isn't as broken and stupid as the multiplayer for games like Gears of War or the hackfest that is Call of Duty Black Ops.

The achievements for this are already easy to get. Oh, and if I see players on the enemy team doing "Idle" things, I'm going to laugh 'cause they just made MY getting the achievement easier and much faster.
Nice :bow:

Chaos MAN
06-12-2011, 02:04 AM
I'm just going to idle boost this for 1 night, if I don't get it I'll do it the right way.

Gor1lla
06-12-2011, 09:40 AM
Someone should give Tai_MT a medal.

Richie Sambuca
06-13-2011, 01:38 PM
The mods should lock this thread. Don't want to give idiots any bad ideas.

Pooly93
06-15-2011, 08:31 PM
Good idea, but its much quicker to simply play through and actually do it yourself.
It only took me about 3.5 hours or so to do every mission in versus, some with other players, some without. I failed one or two of them the first time I did them due to a timeout as well.
Regardless, good method for those who can't be bothered to do them, but its far easier to go for it by actually playing.

Ali_P_84
06-18-2011, 08:03 AM
Someone should give Tai_MT a medal.

+1 for this