PDA

View Full Version : What would you like to see/not see in this game?

Jackalus88
05-16-2011, 12:05 AM
So, most of us have seen the recently released teaser trailers and some of us may have read through the whole campaign plot which was leaked beforehand.

I was just wondering what changes people would like to see or what you'd like to be kept the same. Perks? Killstreaks? Customisation?

Interested to see what everybody says.

Lord Yamikage
05-16-2011, 06:42 AM
Co-op campaign with difficulty harder than Vet. Like Hardcore, but able to pick up your down friend to bear the game.

Not want to see.... no time set in campaign.

SubG3nius
05-16-2011, 07:04 AM
There already is a thread like this.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=310429

x JEREMY18 x
05-17-2011, 04:10 AM
I would like to be able to pick my own weapons primary and secondary, attachments, perks and camo in the single player mode. They game can suggest what would be best for the mission and then you can pick what ever you think is best.

StayonTarget
05-17-2011, 04:24 AM
Not.

Commando, Danger Close, One Man Army, Scavenger Noob Tubes

cHRiSCOe
05-17-2011, 04:24 AM
I would not like to see gay shit. Quick and easy

OceanH
05-17-2011, 04:45 AM
I would like to be able to pick my own weapons primary and secondary, attachments, perks and camo in the single player mode. They game can suggest what would be best for the mission and then you can pick what ever you think is best.

Only for Special Forces. Regular forces (i.e. Army Rangers) do not get to choose their weapons.

I'm a singlepleyer gamer and just hope that Modern Warfare 2 writer (An NCIS TV show writer, ugh!) didn't wrote the story to MW3. He completely threw sense out by the window when he wrote MW2. Hope someone else writes it and fix the garbage MW2 story.

JuSt BLaZe
05-17-2011, 01:52 PM
Hell Yeah:

Some badass Kill-Streak-Rewards.
Same MP-menu as in MW2, I just love the style, simply & easy.
Title & Emblems all the way.
The possibilty to drop the BOMB in S&D or to give it another team member.
To DISARM claymores (mostly in S&D) silently.
Gameplay-Recording-Options as in Gay Ops (not a must but would be cool).
Option to MUTE all @ once.

Hell Naahw:

Game Boy (Heartbeat Sensor)
(Limitations for) nOObtubers & bOOsters

To be continued...

Spanish Assault
05-17-2011, 02:40 PM
See: Co-Op campaign, some sort of penatly for staying in the same spot for more then a couple of seconds to discourage camping (you lose UAV or your Map in general)

NOT See: Heartbeat sensors, Comando,

MC B0B x360a
05-17-2011, 03:24 PM
I know I will catch some heat for this but I would like to see stackable killstreaks. I think the non-stackable killstreaks made camping worse in black ops and it took alot of fun out of the game. The reason why mw2 was so fun is because everybody had a legit shot at calling in a harrier or a chopper gunner. Good players could call them in more often, but even average players could have their fun too.

I know every single cod fan will agree with me on this, but OMA noobtubes need to be brought back;)

Edit:

Not See: I dont want to see the insane challenges like 1000 headshots with every gun. I would like to see 100-250 headshot with each gun, and they dont reset when prestiging. Also i think 1000 kills with each gun is realistic, and 500 kills with each killstreak.

Eazynem Makaveli
05-17-2011, 04:50 PM
i don't want Zombies included..if the Zombies fans really want Zombies in MW3 they can always play Dead Rising 2 or shitty B Lack Ops or wait for Dead island. For online, also i would like favourite Scar-H returned,,, i would like MW3 to be similar to MW2 but different,,, same balance, run&gun speed and movement and all like we are so used to MW2's, i would like to see cartoonish returned to MW3 like MW2 has. i would like to see the same size maps similar to MW2's except Fuel. (Too large = boring) i would like the leveling up system to have normal speed similar to MW2. Killstreaks rewards returning would be nice.

MC B0B x360a
05-17-2011, 04:53 PM
i don't want Zombies included..it is childish and boring..if the Zombies infant fans really want Zombies in MW3 they can go fuck off to Dead Rising 2 or shitty B Lack Ops that'll shut them up crying and wailing. For online, also i would like favourite Scar-H returned,,, i would like MW3 to be similar to MW2 but different,,, same balance, run&gun speed and movement and all like we are so used to MW2's, i would like to see cartoonish returned to MW3 like MW2 has. i would like to see the same size maps similar to MW2's except Fuel. (Too large = boring) i would like the leveling up system to have normal speed similar to MW2. Killstreaks rewards returning would be nice.

I'm in the same boat. They just need to make mw2 over again, with things added, and much better support. I would be happy if they just added another campaign onto mw2, added another set of spec ops missions, and patched the hell outta the mp. Also a co-op campaign would be nice. Other than that I hope they dont change it much.

Hamburgerous
05-17-2011, 07:08 PM
I'm happy for noob tubes to be back at the same power as in MW2, but without Danger Close and Scavenger. Two per life is plenty because they aren't a default weapon, they're a situational weapon and having a limited number encourages that.

The tubes in Black Ops sucked ass, and were too weak to be really used effectively for their intended purpose. So noobs tubes as they are, but without perk benefits or refilling. Although, care package ammo drops should refill them.

Stackable kill streaks are a good thing. Yes, the rich get richer mechanic isn't perfect but it is better than the "camp my ass of untill I get the next one" tactic that Black Ops breeds.

OMA is fine because it limits you so greatly when you have to set up several classes to switch between and if it doesn't reload your noob tubes then there isn't anything really bad about it.

But I only have one request: NO. INFINITE. SPAWNS.

Other than that I'm happy to roll with the punches.

rikkeh105
05-17-2011, 07:37 PM
I NEED to see Combat Training in MW3. It was one of my favorite parts in BO. I know Treyarch isn't involved, but it would make my day if it was still there.

x JEREMY18 x
05-17-2011, 10:02 PM
Only for Special Forces. Regular forces (i.e. Army Rangers) do not get to choose their weapons.

I'm a singlepleyer gamer and just hope that Modern Warfare 2 writer (An NCIS TV show writer, ugh!) didn't wrote the story to MW3. He completely threw sense out by the window when he wrote MW2. Hope someone else writes it and fix the garbage MW2 story.

I thought MW3 was going to be more about special forces like Delta, SAS, Seal Team Six and TF 141.

Spanish Assault
05-17-2011, 10:04 PM
I NEED to see Combat Training in MW3. It was one of my favorite parts in BO. I know Treyarch isn't involved, but it would make my day if it was still there.
This was one of the few fun parts of Black Ops and I agree...I'd love to have combat training.

JuSt BLaZe
05-18-2011, 10:46 AM

:eek: Oh snap I totally forgot about that. Yeah please no.

Drewbles
05-19-2011, 12:14 PM
I'm happy for noob tubes to be back at the same power as in MW2, but without Danger Close and Scavenger. Two per life is plenty because they aren't a default weapon, they're a situational weapon and having a limited number encourages that.

The tubes in Black Ops sucked ass, and were too weak to be really used effectively for their intended purpose. So noobs tubes as they are, but without perk benefits or refilling. Although, care package ammo drops should refill them.

Stackable kill streaks are a good thing. Yes, the rich get richer mechanic isn't perfect but it is better than the "camp my ass of untill I get the next one" tactic that Black Ops breeds.

OMA is fine because it limits you so greatly when you have to set up several classes to switch between and if it doesn't reload your noob tubes then there isn't anything really bad about it.

Other than that I'm happy to roll with the punches.

Totally agree, cant stand infinite respawn, there is no skill in the game at all, its just the push method all the way, if i wanna spend time slowly creeping round a corner sniping guys, i dont want that time wasted cuz theyve respawned. Not everyone wants to rush round shooting anything that moves.

Spanish Assault
05-19-2011, 03:57 PM
I started playing MW2 again and GOD all mighty I really hate Commando...Please Gods of Activision, have mercy on my soul and remove this Demon Perk and all the idiots who use it to absorbe a full clip of bullets and travel through some rip in time to stab me from 500 feet away.

koopakiller64
05-20-2011, 04:04 PM
YES
Stopping Power- remove it and you have much more OP classes
Titles and Emblems
Stackable Killstreaks

NO
deathstreaks
nukes
Commando
Heatbeat Sensors
Thermal
Refillable "noob tubes", claymores etc.

Andreas_loel
05-20-2011, 04:27 PM
Want:
Stopping power
Bolt action snipers only
Stackable killstreaks
Theatre mode
Combat training
Level editor for mp maps like Far cry
More map variations
Night maps in mp
4 Player coop trough campaign + Spec ops
Less love for the soundwhores
Real customisation for your character (i couldnt make RA the rugged man in BO:( )
A game that plays like MW2 before the cheap motherfucking assholes showed up and made it a fucking shitfest
More variation in game modes, come up with something new and fresh.

Do not want
Noobtubes
Danger close
Thermal scopes
Heartbeat sensors
Commando charges (its a ingame glitch made up with lag so wont go away)
Nukes
Perks deciding how your character looks (all snipers in BO used a famas or ak74)
Weapons that can be abused with rapid fire controllers
Camp friendly maps
BO Hipfire

Spanish Assault
05-20-2011, 04:39 PM
NO
deathstreaks
nukes
Commando

Do not want
Noobtubes
Danger close
Thermal scopes
Heartbeat sensors
Commando charges (its a ingame glitch made up with lag so wont go away)

Why can't they see that the majority of us HATE this perk?

Last night was a perfect example of how horrible this perk is. I was commando lunged so i watched the kill cam to make sure it wasn't lag...sure enough the guy was red screened and I put half a clip of the tar into him and he still killed me. Why the invinceablity when they lunge?

koopakiller64
05-20-2011, 04:54 PM
Why can't they see that the majority of us HATE this perk?

Last night was a perfect example of how horrible this perk is. I was commando lunged so i watched the kill cam to make sure it wasn't lag...sure enough the guy was red screened and I put half a clip of the tar into him and he still killed me. Why the invinceablity when they lunge?

I always thought that when a player commando lunges, his body would move in an animation, but his "hit" areas could never keep up with where the player actually is. Anyways I think Commando is a failed attempt at recreating the bayonets from WaW. Hardly anyone gave up an attachment for longer melee distance. I would still like any "longer melee distance" object to not appear in MW3.

AYE
Emergency airdrops
More effective EMP
Riot shield- fun weapon to mess around with

NAY
shotguns as secondaries

Spanish Assault
05-20-2011, 05:06 PM
I always thought that when a player commando lunges, his body would move in an animation, but his "hit" areas could never keep up with where the player actually is. Anyways I think Commando is a failed attempt at recreating the bayonets from WaW. Hardly anyone gave up an attachment for longer melee distance. I would still like any "longer melee distance" object to not appear in MW3.

AYE
Emergency airdrops
More effective EMP
Riot shield- fun weapon to mess around with

NAY
shotguns as secondaries
I understand the idea of Commando. Being about to quickly knife a bunch of campers would be fun. My issue is when the God mode gets turned on when you lunge...If I see you comming and I put half a clip into you...that should be the end.

Hamburgerous
05-20-2011, 05:46 PM
NAY
shotguns as secondaries

So long as they keep them powerful enough to be worth a primary weapon slot (like they are in MW2) I'm fully behind that idea. If they are pieces of shit like in Black Ops then they should stay as secondaries as they are very, very, VERY situational weapons in that case.

Ibiki Morino
05-21-2011, 06:06 AM
I like what Black ops did buy kicking people that team kill I would like to see that in MW3 but also to forgive like in Halo.

AFreakinCabbag3
05-21-2011, 09:38 AM
I hope commando is never seen again, no fall damage is great but the super lunge is so annoying as they can probs even survive a point blank RPG headshot (never tried)
I also hope they remove OMA or so it changes class but empties equipment slots so you just have your gun and secondary.
Cold blooded in the same teir as stopping power so there is a sacrifice for stealth users.
No motion sensor, hearbeat camper friendly things.
Claymores not refilling just give them 2 like CoD4.
Frags that are worth using rather than only making it worthwhile using semtex.
Titles and emblems are a must in my eyes.
Organised post ftw!

iiNSANE SiiMOx
05-21-2011, 09:41 AM
Quickscoping!!

Burnout x360a
05-21-2011, 09:43 AM
I started playing MW2 again and GOD all mighty I really hate Commando...Please Gods of Activision, have mercy on my soul and remove this Demon Perk and all the idiots who use it to absorbe a full clip of bullets and travel through some rip in time to stab me from 500 feet away.

Agreed.

Played maybe 2/3 games and the amount of times some retard super-lunged me up stairs, around corners and the like was insane.

The only upside is you can hear them coming a mile off if the air isn't filled with all sorts of noise like 2 harriers and a pave low or something.

Hamburgerous
05-21-2011, 11:28 AM
Quickscoping!!

Why can't you snipe like a normal human being?

AFreakinCabbag3
05-21-2011, 01:23 PM
Quickscoping!!

I don't care if they have quickscoping so long as snipers are worthwhile to use.

Jackalus88
05-21-2011, 06:50 PM
Quickscoping!!
This is something you want or don't want?

x JEREMY18 x
05-21-2011, 08:53 PM
I also hope they remove OMA or so it changes class but empties equipment slots so you just have your gun and secondary.
OMA is a useful perk I hope they just change it so it empties your equipment but changes your guns and perks. I used OMA all the time but didn't abuse it by spamming noob tubes.

StillTIPPIN187
05-22-2011, 02:21 AM
What ever it is you guys would like to see/not see in the game.. Why dont you tweet it to fourzerotwo? he is collecting feedback on the game to share with the rest of the team. (@fourzerotwo)

Hes revealed some new info on that twitter as well.. Not alot. But he has recently stated that they have "Moved beyond the MW2 Engine" So thats certainly better than treyarch goin ass backwards with Blops.

Warren17
05-22-2011, 04:03 AM
1 thing I don't wanna see is quick scoping. Why BO patched that I have no idea.

Sarcolepsy
05-22-2011, 04:25 AM
I want to see a better single player campaign! I liked MW2 multiplayer and I would like to see another more expanded version. Possibly more weapons cool attachments, awesome settings for maps. I would also like to be able to see split screening on multiplayer again.

AFreakinCabbag3
05-22-2011, 10:22 AM
1 thing I don't wanna see is quick scoping. Why BO patched that I have no idea.

But the way BO's went around doing it made sniping pointless. Why snipe when I can just use a Famas in an already AR dominated series.

Ice Car
05-22-2011, 10:49 AM
Would like to see:
Difficult Veteran Campaign
Game Support, much like Treyarch with their patches and Boosting prevention
Innovation, much like Wager Matches. New ideas like such, if executed well, are always welcome.
BETTER MATCHMAKING: No more being placed in the same room 5 times. No more being placed in an in-progress room on the verge of losing within seconds. Fuck that.

Would not like to see:
Commando
Danger Close
Quick Scoping (Or at least make it hard to quick scope without making snipers crap)

Hamburgerous
05-22-2011, 12:22 PM
Game Support, much like Treyarch with their patches and Boosting prevention

Surely you mean "only very slightly like Treyarch. I want a development team that does the right thing and not buckle to pressure every time a 12 year old gets killed by a weapon twice in a row."

Rapturous Rich
05-22-2011, 01:34 PM
A no explosives playlist. Or the return of Flak Jacket.
No free-fire secondary launchers, lock-on only for air support. Heck, pistol/machine pistol secondaries only.
Sleight of Hand and Stopping Power (if it returns) in the same tier.
Something like the SR-71 to foil Ghost/Cold-Blooded users.
Nothing beyond a 15 kill streak reward - so no nuke for people that don't play objective games.
A score system that thoroughly rewards objective players. Make capping/defending/destroying the objective 10x more profitable, XP wise, than just going for kills.
Non-refillable grenade launchers.
No heartbeat sensor.
No Commando.

What I REALLY want to see is the developers going through multiplayer before release and trying to think of the dirtiest, cheapest, most annoying ways to play and addressing them before launch. Seriously, why did no-one at IW think to test out OMA/DC toobs (or any other nuisance loadouts) during their beta?

Ice Car
05-22-2011, 09:21 PM
Surely you mean "only very slightly like Treyarch. I want a development team that does the right thing and not buckle to pressure every time a 12 year old gets killed by a weapon twice in a row."

Actually, that is exactly what I mean. I get pissed off when a weapon that is claimed to be overpowered is nerfed because too many 10 year olds are butthurt about being killed by the weapon a lot. (AK74u anyone?)

I want Infinity Ward to at least make an effort to support their game, rather than say "Fuck it" and not patch or fix much of anything.

StillTIPPIN187
05-22-2011, 09:28 PM
Actually, that is exactly what I mean. I get pissed off when a weapon that is claimed to be overpowered is nerfed because too many 10 year olds are butthurt about being killed by the weapon a lot. (AK74u anyone?)

I want Infinity Ward to at least make an effort to support their game, rather than say "Fuck it" and not patch or fix much of anything.

What did you want patched in MW2?

and i agree with your top statement.

Jackalus88
05-22-2011, 09:44 PM
Anybody think of any new and innovative perks which could feature in the multiplayer? Love to hear some original, possibly crazy, thoughts.

Jackalus88
05-22-2011, 09:53 PM
What did you want patched in MW2?

and i agree with your top statement.

I think what he's saying is he'd like to have seen Infinity Ward say no to all the complainers regarding overpowered guns for example and just support their game, say they're happy with the way they made it in the first place.

Have to say I agree. I mean, of course, if there's an issue causing the game to be unplayable then complain and whine but not about every little thing that annoys you.

StillTIPPIN187
05-22-2011, 10:00 PM
I think what he's saying is he'd like to have seen Infinity Ward say no to all the complainers regarding overpowered guns for example and just support their game, say they're happy with the way they made it in the first place.

Have to say I agree. I mean, of course, if there's an issue causing the game to be unplayable then complain and whine but not about every little thing that annoys you.

Igotcha.. I figured he was talking like the thousands of others who wanted OMA or Commando patched out of the game.. Which simply isn't possible.

But Robert Bowling has said they plan to support this game to the max.. And i think they'll keep up on their word.. New Tech should make things easier regarding hacking, cheating and glitching, which MW2 and older didn't have anything to prevent hacks from Jtags as they weren't running on XBL then. And ofcourse they will be fixing the perks that messed up MW2

Ice Car
05-22-2011, 10:14 PM

Precisely.

MWacesz420
08-15-2011, 06:18 AM
Combat Training & Nuke.........nuff said