PDA

View Full Version : #1 ranking is an absolute joke.

MikeyB1541
05-16-2011, 03:55 AM
I just won my second consecutive Masters and am still ranked #2. Tiger has an average of 33.83, and I have an average of 33.00. Makes no sense. Here's a list of my stats through this point.

Rounds: 120
Average Score: 53.6
Average putts: 1.2
Driving avg: 292
Longest drive: 384
Driving accuracy: 91%
GIR: 89%
Longest putt: 76 ft
Holes in one: 3
Double Eagles: 0
Eagles: 186
Birdies: 1498
Pars: 488
Bogeys: 54
Double Bogeys: 10

I've won every single tournament, minus all DLC except Bethpage, by a huge margin so far. My worst score in any tournament was -36, that was the Masters my first year. My best was -78. No way in hell Tiger is even close to any of my stats with the scores he has at the end of every tournament. The best score I've seen him have for a tourney is -18, that was the Masters in my second season. And yet I've been stuck at 33.00 for the entirety of the second season so far and he's gone up every tournament.

What do I need to do to pass him? This is getting really stupid.

Captain and 7
05-16-2011, 02:50 PM
I read somewhere that playing 1 round tournaments is the best workaround for this. I'm not exactly sure if it works because I'm just about to finish my first season and have only reached #5. However, I'm playing 1 round tournaments and if everything holds true then I will overtake #1 when I win the Fed Ex Cup.

MikeyB1541
05-16-2011, 10:03 PM
Yeah that's how I was during the end of the first year. I was ranked #2 going into the last tournament and I've stayed there ever since. I don't want to have to buy DLC to get to #1, but I might just get like 2 courses to make it easier. However, if I don't get to #1 by the end of the second season, should I start over?

Taki...
05-17-2011, 02:13 PM
What you need to do is keep winning.
Despite winning every single event (excluding DLC) it still takes around 1 and a half seasons to move past him...and in most cases he'll retake to top spot for a bit once you do pass him. Just keep winning.

Captain and 7
05-17-2011, 04:53 PM
Not true, I overtook him on the very last tournament of the year. As I mentioned before, I only play 1 round tourneys. I have similar stats to the OP, perhaps slightly better with average score just below 50 on amateur settings. Since then I have increased my margin over the #2 player, Phil, significantly in the first two tournaments of the next season so it doesn't look like anyone will be passing me.

It's also fairly wide spread on the forum that wins aren't the only factor, stats such as GIR and FIR count as well. Sand saves/driving distance/# of putts are factored too.

MikeyB1541
05-18-2011, 02:07 AM
This is getting stupid. Just played another event. When I started my average was 33.00, 825 total, 19 events. I crushed everyone in the event, and then dropped to 32.00, 800, 19 events. Hit almost every fairway, hit almost every green, one putted almost every hole, and I drop.

Taki...
05-18-2011, 01:06 PM
Not true, I overtook him on the very last tournament of the year. As I mentioned before, I only play 1 round tourneys. I have similar stats to the OP, perhaps slightly better with average score just below 50 on amateur settings. Since then I have increased my margin over the #2 player, Phil, significantly in the first two tournaments of the next season so it doesn't look like anyone will be passing me.

It's also fairly wide spread on the forum that wins aren't the only factor, stats such as GIR and FIR count as well. Sand saves/driving distance/# of putts are factored too.

... which is why I qualified my answer with 'in most (as opposed to ALL) cases'.
If you get ahead ASAP (i.e. end of season 1) you WILL almost always get overtaken again. This is simply because Tiger drops away far more quickly in subsequent seasons. If you win every tournament you will go ahead of Tiger at the end of season one, he will regain the top spot early in season 2, and you'll finally see him off for good at around the midway point in season 2 (this is only if you; 1. win every tournament, and 2. Don't use any DLC).

Captain and 7
05-18-2011, 02:20 PM
Perhaps so, I've finished 3 tourneys in my 2nd season and he hasn't made a charge yet. But I'll do my damnedest to not let him pass me. I've already got 30 weeks at the #1 spot and about to begin the Masters. If he does't get me by then then I don't see him getting me at all.

Taki...
05-18-2011, 04:06 PM
Perhaps so, I've finished 3 tourneys in my 2nd season and he hasn't made a charge yet. But I'll do my damnedest to not let him pass me. I've already got 30 weeks at the #1 spot and about to begin the Masters. If he does't get me by then then I don't see him getting me at all.

You'll probably be okay if he doesn't pass you at the first dlc tournament. It tends to be the dlc that causes leapfrogging back and forth.

mproff14
06-01-2011, 04:51 PM
I Went past him after the 2nd tourny in my 2nd year although he took it back as soon as we hit a DLC that I didn't have...

I then took it right back next tourny and kept it for 3 weeks, won every single event by a long way in the one and a bit seasons I've played.

Thought everything was fine but in the last event I just played I won on -14 and Woods finished T2 on -5, I also hit every fairway, every GIR and slotted my drives on the screws, so how some people have said "it's how well you play and not just your score" shouldn't come into it.

#1 ranking IS indeed an absolute joke!!

cHRiSCOe
06-01-2011, 05:01 PM
After mod ways through the second year tiger starts to drop down for good. My problem was him retaking 1st when I skipped a dlc

Natetendo83
06-01-2011, 06:18 PM
I passed Tiger before the end of Season 1, simmed a bunch of rounds to get to the next masters and bumped back to like 3 or 4 and got back to 1 by the end of Season 2. Been there ever since.