PDA

View Full Version : The Gates

Tyger7
05-16-2011, 04:50 AM
There was one season and then the show got canceled. It's on Netflix Instant and I really enjoyed it. It takes a couple episodes to get into.

Synopsis: A gates community/town promising safety from the outside world. Town is under constant video feed from the police station and every house is wired into a security system. The police station has awesome technology to keep things safe.

The town actually houses many "things" other than regular people. There are Vampires, Werewolves, Witches, Succubus, Ancient Dark Magic, etc. They stay to get away from the rest of the world.

The main focus is on a family that moves to the town. The father is the new police chief and starts to investigate the "strange" happenings that start occuring. He has a past of his own, and you learn why exactly he needed to take this job.

Anyways, my opinion is very high. Most of the actors are extremely good (few bad ones though). The coolest character was the vampire (Ratcliff). He is awesome. His wife was very annoying at first but eventually she grows on you.

I say give it a try, it obviously leeches off the whole Vampire/Werewolf genre but does tie in a good bunch of plots and ideas. I really am disappointed that it was canceled, because the last episode showed a promising new season that never happened :/

ExtremeRugburn
05-16-2011, 05:06 AM
I was wondering if it was cancelled as my wife and I both enjoyed it and it has been dormant on our Tivo. I really wish the networks would cancel all these reality shows, 95% of them suck ass, but apparently the majorty of people watch that crap.