PDA

View Full Version : Cheevo/Game info

shockerizgod
05-17-2011, 04:59 AM
im renting this game for me and the girl..i was wondering how are the cheevos in this game? can i 1000 this game easily? or is it annoying? any help or other things about the game would be cool too

eynotie
05-17-2011, 03:41 PM
Maybe it was me and the mood I was in when I played this game. I hated it. Maybe it was my expectations, as I liked the original Family Game Night on XBLA. FG3 was way worse. I completed it in about 3 or 4 days. Some achievements were completely luck based--some that took me minutes but took my wife hours.

Here's a quick breakdown of my progress:
Twister--I got all ach in 20 min. Not too bad and mildly fun.
Life--a few hours. Luck based for getting right house and job for an ach or two. Repetitive to get 10 wins. Sorta fun.
Clue--a few hours. Might take awhile if you play it the way it should be played. If you boost with multiple controllers, it goes quicker. We stopped enjoying it long before either of us won 10 games, but we aren't huge Clue fans.
Yahtzee Hands Down--awful! Tedious and majorly luck based. Winning 10 can be a drag, even on short games. Winning 6 cards in the time limit can be very challenging. Might need to go online and boost to get that one quickly. I ended up using 4 controllers offline. It took hours.
Mouse Trap--an exercise in absurdity. There is no strategy to this game whatsoever. Completely luck based. You have no choice as to how you play. The dice control everything. I couldn't guarantee a win even when controlling every player. Took hours and hours. Winning 10 will drive you mad. I eventually used a turbo controller with the "a" button pushed down with something heavy and left my xbox on all night. Then there's the remix achievements for mousetrap. Not a well-designed game.

Well, that's my rant for the day. Overall, FG3 is not good. Hats off to you if you enjoy it. It depends on how much you value that 1000g. It will only take a few days, or quicker if you're obsessive, but much fun will not be had in the process. Good luck!