PDA

View Full Version : How is everyone enjoying the latest update?

TheMetalFonzy
05-17-2011, 07:30 AM
It has been a little less than a week since the latest update has been released, and a whole lot has happened. Tier lists have been altered. Achievements have been fixed. Numerous bugs/glitches have been found. Mid-screen wall bounces are almost non-existent. Loops, unblockable set-ups, kara throws, frame data, etc. have been drastically changed. Some people are mad, some are happy, and some just play the game for the achievements. As someone who uses these forums frequently, I am curious to know what people think about the latest update that was made to the game. Does anyone care if their main was buffed or nerfed? Did anyone drop their allegiance to the character they used in CS1? Have they started to main someone else? If you have any comments, opinions, concerns, please discuss. After all, this is a forum lol.

Taiyz
05-17-2011, 09:00 AM
Personally I've had issues with CS since the outset. While the rule changes (barrier system, guard libra replaced by guard primers, etc.) and GUI have certainly improved, and the feature set grew larger, the core mechanics got a little overcomplicated. I get that ASW really delivers a hardcore experience, but I think that CT had a simpler learning curve while still catering to the "pro" demographic. CS combos seem to rely a lot more on timing and positioning, instead of simple memorization. I'm at a weird point where the Simple controls are an insult to me, but it seems like I don't really have the execution to keep up with most people. I felt that CT didn't have this divide.

As far as characters go, I have lost interest in the character I had the most fun playing as. Hazama just seems so...Dull, now. The change in gravity completely messes up what made him fun to use, those high flying slice-and-dice combos. Sure you can still do 'em, but they don't really animate as well when he drops like a rock and the first rep is completely neutered.

While I think that CS2 was implemented better than, say, SSFIVAE which reverts to the vanilla if you ever fight somebody who doesn't have the DLC and completely ruins your adjustment to the new balance changes...

It doesn't really feel like it should've taken ASW this long to punch it out. It's fairly obvious that they're putting a lot of priority on the PSP and 3DS ports of the game...

If you ask me, I think BlazBlue 3 needs to have more sweeping changes. Really mix some characters up.

Kairi
05-17-2011, 01:33 PM
I like new new update so far. I'm happy they finally decided to fix Valkenhayn achievements and Platinum can be interesting because her attacks are funny XD I also like the fact that challenge mode has become easier and I am able to do a few more challenges now n.n
I really don't care about buffs or nerfs since I don't really pay much attention to that stuff. I just play as the characters I like playing as most which is Rachel and Jin. :]
The only thing I can complain about is the new ranked matches because I really dislike how it's been since the update. I don't like the choosing the character before doing anything, and I don't know if it's just me or not- but waiting for a match takes A LOT longer then pre-update. Before the update, it took maybe 3-5 minutes max. Now.... I have waited OVER 20 MINUTES for a quick match!! I think that is ridiculous, aren't quick matches supposed to be quick?

Sampson
05-17-2011, 07:33 PM
I like it! I'm glad that the achievements were fixed so that's not an issue. I really like how they made challenge mode easier. Who did they change for characters in terms of their strength? I would love it if they put Carl on 'roids!! I really hope they didn't tank Ragna though :(

UK Dennis
05-17-2011, 10:11 PM
Apart from confusing me with a few move changes with Hakumen, im not fussed about any of the other stuff. Although, it does seem to take a while to get a ranked match going >_>

Zabuza0fTheMist84
05-27-2011, 11:54 PM
Well i like it ive changed my main not because my character got nerfed or anything just really like the feel of tsubaki now for some reason, use to play ragna before.thumbs up all round. I still think this game is the most under rated beat em up in the world only if more people new how good it was. Although i do agree with the person who said they made CS alot more complicated then CT.

Although i do have to add that iron tager is sooooooo over powered now (not that he was'nt before). I playin tsubaki combo the guy to bits like two 20 hit combo's he grabs me once does a six hit combo an takes more then half more life the dude is now a god.

TheMetalFonzy
05-28-2011, 02:54 AM
Well i like it ive changed my main not because my character got nerfed or anything just really like the feel of tsubaki now for some reason, use to play ragna before.thumbs up all round. I still think this game is the most under rated beat em up in the world only if more people new how good it was. Although i do agree with the person who said they made CS alot more complicated then CT.

Although i do have to add that iron tager is sooooooo over powered now (not that he was'nt before). I playin tsubaki combo the guy to bits like two 20 hit combo's he grabs me once does a six hit combo an takes more then half more life the dude is now a god.

Yeah, I myself am kind of glad/sad that Tsubaki is considered top-tier now. On one hand, I'm glad to see people pay more respect to Tsubaki. On the other, now it seems as if every other person is using her now. It's a little frustrating too, especially since every other person that I've fought who uses Tsubaki manages to kick my ass lol.

Zabuza0fTheMist84
05-29-2011, 03:45 AM
i didnt know that everyone was playing her might be a good idea to play sum1 eles then as everyone will no the match up. I just played a game with my mate and just liked her, never played her before so i dont know how good or bad she was before, plus i pay no attention to tier lists as they mean nothing to a player as bad as me lol.

TheMetalFonzy
05-29-2011, 04:53 AM
i didnt know that everyone was playing her might be a good idea to play sum1 eles then as everyone will no the match up. I just played a game with my mate and just liked her, never played her before so i dont know how good or bad she was before, plus i pay no attention to tier lists as they mean nothing to a player as bad as me lol.

Oh no I didn't mean to make it sound as if everyone is playing her now. It just seems as if a lot more people are playing her. It's kind of annoying actually lol. Oh well. I, like you, really do not pay attention to the tier list, or at the very least, I try not to lol.

CoregBlue1
05-29-2011, 11:50 AM
i am enjoying the latest update when it comes to tsubaki.

but they changed pretty much on ragna and he is my main and i was really good with him. though learning the new combos shouldnīt take that long.

the video of the number 2 ragna player in the list (greeeeeeeat) was so amazing. every ragna player has to watch it, i hope he didnīt upload another one. he beated the living hell out of that jin, with insane combos.

so all in all the update is ok but lol to tagers challenge number 9.

Kairi
05-29-2011, 02:47 PM
i am enjoying the latest update when it comes to tsubaki.

but they changed pretty much on ragna and he is my main and i was really good with him. though learning the new combos shouldnīt take that long.

the video of the number 2 ragna player in the list (greeeeeeeat) was so amazing. every ragna player has to watch it, i hope he didnīt upload another one. he beated the living hell out of that jin, with insane combos.

so all in all the update is ok but lol to tagers challenge number 9.
Haha I almost forgot about that XD Watching the demonstration fail was so funny lol I wonder if they are ever going to fix it :P

TuMaBlAcK
05-30-2011, 05:59 PM
Definitely loving the new update made some of the challenges more doable for me and I only have 7 left till I hit a 100 for the achievement which I should get once I finally get points for platinum then all I have left will be online achievements.

Pegasus Tenma
06-03-2011, 03:50 AM
I like it so far cuz my Ragna still kicks ass!

TheMetalFonzy
06-03-2011, 02:28 PM
I like it so far cuz my Ragna still kicks ass!

Damn you and your corner loop!!!!:uzi:

Pegasus Tenma
06-04-2011, 05:59 PM
Damn you and your corner loop!!!!:uzi:
:D hahahahaha

lord maiden
06-10-2011, 10:07 PM
i seem to have a problem and it seems to be with version 1.03, has anyone tried playing with or against bang in any mode except training? because in the new version, i cannot use or fight him and it's ridiculus. it's been 2 discs and on 2 consoles

Brambledamble
06-18-2011, 01:08 AM
Try Unlimited Taokaka and spam B.

I conquered the whole map with her in Legion Mode on Hard today, three-shotting beasts like Unlimited Ragna and Unlimited Hazama on my way :p

Mir
06-25-2011, 04:00 PM
Platinum is my new main, that's how fun I found her to be. So yeah, I really enjoyed it.