PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Glitch

PTC Apathy
05-17-2011, 04:34 PM
I don't know if this has been chronicled or not but in the COD4 campaign there is a sort of random chance that--if you pick up a piece of intel at a place around a checkpoint--that every time you die and go back to said checkpoint you will get +1 to your intel count.

I discovered this by accident; I've played through the COD4 campiagn (and maxed it out) several times and was doing it again on my "new" account (other one got stolen.) I was playing through verteran, getting all the intel as I went, and was on the "Hunted" level. I picked up an intel at the place just before the dogs are first introduced and recieved a checkpoint shortly after. I was unaware that the two events had syncronized (since there is sort of a checkpoint backwards lag or whatever) and proceeded to attempt to get the achievement for snapping the dogs neck.

I died the first time and noticed that when I spawned it added another intel to my count going from 11/30 to 12/30. I did it again and the same thing happened. I wasn't really thinking and got all the way to 15--achievement unlocked. Now as far as the intel goes it is impossible to have 15 by the "Hunted" level let alone 30. I repeated the trick until I had 29/30 and then played through the game on Veteran, retrieving the "last" intel on the "No Fighting in the War Room" level where that achievement is supposed to unlock.

My question is: is it possible that Microsoft would reset my Gamerscore for this in-game glitch? Honestly it was initially a complete accident I am just thinking that it might be uncommon enough--and there is so much sheer luck involved--that it would appear as a red flag to them. I have no gamesaves or SPG's on my profile... Hypothetically I could just really have sucked at this game and died 20 times at the dogs part, seems like it's Infinity Ward's fault not mine... What do you guys think?

Thanks

McGoogles
05-17-2011, 04:49 PM
You will definitely not get reset as the glitch is the developer's fault and you're not using any gamesaves, SPG's, etc.

PTC Apathy
05-17-2011, 05:01 PM
But does Microsoft have a surefire way of distinguishing between an in-game glitch and a gamesave? It might appear to them that I was merely a gamesaver who messed up and unlocked achievements out of order or something.

I'm paranoid because I already lost an account with 50,000+ gamerscore to hackers and I don't think I can start over from 0 again.