PDA

View Full Version : Transferring DLC to new console

ian24971
05-17-2011, 08:04 PM
I am thinking about buying the DLC courses for the complete Tiger Woods experience. What I want to know is... if I buy them now, for my current console, will they still work if I data transfer them to a new slimline console with a 250gb HDD (which I am thinking of buying in the near future). Or with EA being the money grabbing bastards that they are, will I have to re-purchase them for the new console as well?!

NJAM14Titleist
05-17-2011, 09:27 PM
I am thinking about buying the DLC courses for the complete Tiger Woods experience. What I want to know is... if I buy them now, for my current console, will they still work if I data transfer them to a new slimline console with a 250gb HDD (which I am thinking of buying in the near future). Or with EA being the money grabbing bastards that they are, will I have to re-purchase them for the new console as well?!

I'm pretty sure that when you buy DLC it stays on the same hard drive and doesn't save to the gamertag. When I recovered my gamertag at a friend's my created golfer wouldn't load.

mark21667
05-18-2011, 06:17 AM
I'm pretty sure that when you buy DLC it stays on the same hard drive and doesn't save to the gamertag. When I recovered my gamertag at a friend's my created golfer wouldn't load.

Of course a created golfer wouldn't load as it's on your save device, not your gamertag. Any dlc downloaded is tied to the gamertag that bought it. You would be able to download it on a new console using that gamertag.

NJAM14Titleist
05-18-2011, 09:49 AM
Of course a created golfer wouldn't load as it's on your save device, not your gamertag. Any dlc downloaded is tied to the gamertag that bought it. You would be able to download it on a new console using that gamertag.

I always thought that it was the other way sorry.

Taki...
05-18-2011, 01:16 PM
You can transfer the licenses for any and all DLC between consoles. As long as it hasn't already been transferred recently there should be no problems.
Btw, you won't be able to play your DLC w/o the license transfer.

ian24971
05-18-2011, 03:14 PM
Thanks for the advice guys. Looks like i'll be getting myself a shiny new Xbox 360 pretty soon then! ;-)