PDA

View Full Version : Summer season 2011-what do you think?

Smithman117
05-18-2011, 12:31 AM
If they continue with this season game styles, then what do you think they will do for the summer season? Another Texas Heat season or maybe a new game mode like black jack?

I would personally like to see a new poker mode.

Son of Kyuss
05-18-2011, 09:11 PM
If they were to implement blackjack I would absolutely dominate the season. Though I haven't even heard them mention anything about future seasons, if there are any at all.

Smithman117
05-19-2011, 11:25 PM
I think Texas Heat is dying, it seems now a days they can't get above 5000 people anymore :/

Van Hooligan X
05-20-2011, 08:00 PM
Have they released a statement when the next season is out for this?

I really hope they give us another gold medal achievement[/sarcasm]

UnarmedReaper07
05-22-2011, 05:59 AM
There might be another season, but they could actually charge microsoft points for it. New unlockables, achievements, and maybe a new card game type like "black jack" that was already mentioned could improve the game. New avatar awards would probably increase the number of people playing the game. If they do add new stuff and a new season I can continue working on my guide. :)

ColdSpider72
05-22-2011, 10:34 PM
The game is called Full House POKER....Why on earth would they add Blackjack?? If they were gonna add anything, I'm sure it would at least be a different poker variant....Omaha, Stud, H.O.R.S.E, Etc.

Komrade Vasilevsky
05-24-2011, 12:16 AM
Summer season starts June 4th, will be free, and has three new achievements.
http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic=568&uid=201993913150507

Son of Kyuss
05-24-2011, 06:50 AM
Summer season starts June 4th, will be free, and has three new achievements.
http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic=568&uid=201993913150507

Colour me surprised they actually announced future plans for Full House Poker. Here's hoping the new achievements aren't glitched and don't include a Gold Medal in Texas Heat.

This also has me wondering when exactly the seasons will end, seeing as this will be the first time for seasons being implemented (Which would've originally been 1 vs. 100 had it not been cancelled), will they stop once they hit 350GS or will Full House Poker become something akin to FX Pinball 2 or Family Game Night and eventually hit 1000 or something.

Skititlez
05-25-2011, 12:07 AM
Colour me surprised they actually announced future plans for Full House Poker. Here's hoping the new achievements aren't glitched and don't include a Gold Medal in Texas Heat.

This also has me wondering when exactly the seasons will end, seeing as this will be the first time for seasons being implemented (Which would've originally been 1 vs. 100 had it not been cancelled), will they stop once they hit 350GS or will Full House Poker become something akin to FX Pinball 2 or Family Game Night and eventually hit 1000 or something.

My biggest fear is that they rope people in with the free seasons and then start charging for them at some point.

DanielH
06-03-2011, 05:25 AM
all we need now is when does it start and end, the Schedule.

Son of Kyuss
06-03-2011, 05:32 AM
All that's known regarding dates is that it starts this Saturday, June 4th.

ViperxSniper
06-03-2011, 05:55 AM
all we need now is when does it start and end, the Schedule.

It starts Saturday. They have not posted the official schedule on their facebook page, but when they do, I will update my forum with the schedule (click here for link (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=300842)). Also, the last update has fixed some of the bugs that plagued the Spring Season. The list of the bugs that were fixed are:

• Network Disconnect Exploit: Players that leave a table are now replaced with an AI player, keeping their earnings at the table and correcting several payout scenarios.
• Sitting Out Penalty: Due to players using sitting out as an exploit to get deeper in tournaments we’ve implemented increasing blind penalties when abusing this feature.
• Ranked Game Lobby Timer: Timer resets when a new player joins the game lobby, which will allow for higher populations before a game begins. This will increase the number of 10 player games moving forward.
• Several Localization issues: Corrects character strings in various languages, as well a bug that caused the game to freeze when zooming in on players.

Hopefully with these fixes, the gold medal won't be as glitchy as the Spring season.

sleepydumbdude
06-03-2011, 07:33 PM
I'm glad its free I forgot about owning this game after i got last seasons achievements.

XeCuTioNR
06-04-2011, 06:23 AM
I personally stopped playing after i was beaten by the cheating AI when i went all in with a Full House hand, 30K+ on the line with the high card, and the AI went all-in, and had Full House. The game gave priority to AI, and i lost. Until they fix the AI and its cheating, unbalanced tactics (i saw an AI player win 5K with an ACE HIGH? WTF?) im not planning to play any time sooner.

blkalleykat
06-05-2011, 04:44 PM
I like the summer season just the same as the spring. Less hipcups with the game freezing and time passing. Also less people have been playing as well. I notice no more then 2500-4700 or so players compared to the 15k+ players in the spring season. Maybe less people are home during the summer perhaps?

GDMFS0AB
06-06-2011, 10:42 AM
There might be another season, but they could actually charge microsoft points for it. New unlockables, achievements, and maybe a new card game type like "black jack" that was already mentioned could improve the game. New avatar awards would probably increase the number of people playing the game. If they do add new stuff and a new season I can continue working on my guide. :)

I think it needs actual tournaments.

2/3 over the weekend. 10 player tables. Which gets whittled down to just 1 table and that table fights it out for prizes. All human players. Just like actual poker online.

1st. 5000ms points
2nd 2000ms points
3rd 1000ms points

They were giving two fiat 500 cars away when 1vs100 finished. So i don't see any issues with giving these prizes once a week.

ColdSpider72
06-06-2011, 04:16 PM
I think it needs actual tournaments.

2/3 over the weekend. 10 player tables. Which gets whittled down to just 1 table and that table fights it out for prizes. All human players. Just like actual poker online.

1st. 5000ms points
2nd 2000ms points
3rd 1000ms points

They were giving two fiat 500 cars away when 1vs100 finished. So i don't see any issues with giving these prizes once a week.

As much as I agree about this game needing a tourney-style Texas Heat, I know the prizes will never happen because the game doesn't have any sponsorship. Remember, Sprint paid for the prizes on 1 VS 100.

CodSteaks
06-07-2011, 06:24 PM
I personally stopped playing after i was beaten by the cheating AI when i went all in with a Full House hand, 30K+ on the line with the high card, and the AI went all-in, and had Full House. The game gave priority to AI, and i lost. Until they fix the AI and its cheating, unbalanced tactics (i saw an AI player win 5K with an ACE HIGH? WTF?) im not planning to play any time sooner.

Do you know you had a stronger full house than the AI and still lost? Whichever hand has the higher value card for the triple in the hand would win. I only ask because it sounds like you think just because you and the AI both had full houses that it cheated by giving the hand to the AI. Not all full houses are equal. But you also say "...with the high card" and I don't know what you mean by that. Just thought I'd ask in case you don't actually know how a win is chosen in that kind of situation.

I won't disagree with the shitty tactics of the AI, as I've seen hands like the ace high win you describe, too. Boggles the mind sometimes, but I've also seen just as shitty plays by real players :p