PDA

View Full Version : Demo coming to the marketplace!

CoolioDude
07-04-2007, 02:48 AM
The demo is coming to the marketplace July 10. I can't wait!

veritas347
07-04-2007, 02:54 AM
really?!?! ive been waiting too see what songs are on there i saw on some site there was going to be a tenacious d song if so im excited i love tenacious d

DoM cAbAn
07-04-2007, 03:57 AM
Ahh, and I haven't even beat Guitar Hero II yet! I better kick it up a notch! :p

Th3 Apache Dog
07-04-2007, 04:44 AM
for rizalz?:p....if so im getting that real quick:woop:...

MangeM
07-04-2007, 02:41 PM
Sounds great, smart move to give the GH2 crowd a teaser (and possibly get a few unconviced hooked playing on a regular controller).

veritas347
07-05-2007, 01:22 AM
i heard they are going to make it harder now because they said something about it being harder to time it right and its less leanient <--however you spell it

CoolioDude
07-05-2007, 01:26 AM
Harder? Guitar Hero 2 was hard enough! Still, this game is going to OWN!

Does anyone know what the guitar looks like and/or you can you use the Guitar Hero 2 guitar?

veritas347
07-05-2007, 01:43 AM
i have no idea my brother just told me he read it in ign or something

DeW222
07-05-2007, 03:18 AM
You can use the Guitar Hero 2 controller just fine for Guitar Hero 3 from what I remember reading. The guitar controller only offers problem with the new game Rock Band as the new Rock Band guitar has 5 new buttons for "solos" and something else that I can't think about right now (which aren't needed necessarily).

R Rated Love
07-05-2007, 05:59 AM
Seems a bit early to me.

Where was this info found? I can't find it anywhere online. Not even Wikipedia, which usually has info like this as soon as it is made available.

veritas347
07-05-2007, 06:53 AM
i have no idea where he got it from but if its right im as happy as can be

WaltXXX
07-05-2007, 10:42 AM
Source? Or I wont believe you.

Gorjira
07-05-2007, 07:14 PM
I got it offa video on youtube... Some interview, saying they WILL release a demo...But I dont remember hearing a date.

CoolioDude
07-05-2007, 07:27 PM
Its coming with the "Bringing E3 home" thing.
Look that up on google.

OMG ukildkenny
07-10-2007, 01:11 AM
Im not so sure about a demo. I googled "bringing e3 home" and it mentions "game trailers, themes, gamer pictures, demos and other video updates." and then provides a list of games. GH3 is on there, however it could just be a trailer, theme, or gamer picture. Lets hope for a demo, we'll find out tomorrow. /me hopes.

Glyndinn
07-10-2007, 01:21 AM
I'm not going to get my hopes up, but it would be pretty cool if there actually is a demo soon :)

Zef
07-10-2007, 02:01 AM
It sounds a little early for a demo unless they have been working on the new game since GH2 was first released on the PS2 and managed to make the 360 port ontop of that workload.

As long as it is a fun game that I can still actually play without becoming the 2,976,863.82 bloke to be able to handle solos and not have to buy another controller I might buy it. A demo is always fun though =)

R Rated Love
07-12-2007, 04:08 AM
Today's the 11th, no demo. Would be lying if I said I was surprised.

J Lo
07-12-2007, 04:18 AM
Yeah, there's still no Guitar Hero 3 demo. Hey Coolio, where did you hear that it would be released on the 10th?

codedigital
07-12-2007, 11:00 AM
You can use the Guitar Hero 2 controller just fine for Guitar Hero 3 from what I remember reading. The guitar controller only offers problem with the new game Rock Band as the new Rock Band guitar has 5 new buttons for "solos" and something else that I can't think about right now (which aren't needed necessarily).

That's not true. It'll work. They said it will work. You don't "have" to play with those buttons.

WaltXXX
07-12-2007, 01:43 PM
Well, where is all the demos that you said would be released on marketplace?

J Lo
07-15-2007, 06:05 AM
C'mon, where the hell is this damned demo?! I can't wait anymore!!

veritas347
07-15-2007, 06:08 AM
C'mon, where the hell is this damned demo?! I can't wait anymore!!

haha yeah thats exactly what i was thinking i kept checking everyday and i was like WTF?!?!??! where is it?!?!?!

Th3 Apache Dog
07-15-2007, 06:10 AM
haha yeah thats exactly what i was thinking i kept checking everyday and i was like WTF?!?!??! where is it?!?!?! me too...:rant::p

babyfarmer
07-19-2007, 08:29 PM
The game is not out until October, there is no way in hell they would release a demo 3 months in advance of the release date.

Gun-Nut
07-20-2007, 03:43 AM
I don't really see why you need a demo >< at my guess it would only be one song, never was a Guitar Hero II demo so don't see it happening for III

XxLUC41xX
07-20-2007, 03:51 AM
going to be really good didnt get number two but going to get three so

Stinkyf1re
07-20-2007, 08:28 PM
I think this kid should be banned just for making so many people on here wait in frustration for a demo that was obviously never coming :mad:

ViperxSniper
07-21-2007, 05:29 PM
I don't really see why you need a demo >< at my guess it would only be one song, never was a Guitar Hero II demo so don't see it happening for III

Why would they do a GHII demo if you don't have the guitar? Yes I know that you could use the 360 controller, but that takes some of the fun out of the game.

About the demo, I think they may release one a week or two before (or after) the game comes out, but it's too soon to release one now. My guess would be if they did release a demo, it would be to pull some of the people who are intending on getting just Rock Band into getting Guitar Hero III as well. The demo would probabally be like the demo at some of the Gamestops where it will have a few songs to try out (3 or 4). They may even throw in a boss battle as well.

UTSBlaze
07-28-2007, 09:16 PM
No, in the article they said it was a goal to make a demo for GH3. They never said a date .

TheMexicanStallion
07-29-2007, 02:37 AM
We will find out what happens in the future if there is a demo then.. until then just have to wait until the release

Defcizion
07-29-2007, 09:00 AM
Releasing the demo would be a dumb move on Neversoft's part due to the fact that not all 360 owners have the X-Plorer controller, and the game sucks using a regular controller.

Nbag3
07-29-2007, 10:03 AM
I don't think it makes it a dumb move, if they didn't release it a lot less people would get to try it before buying it. What would you suggest, they mail everyone a controller?

Defcizion
07-30-2007, 10:46 PM
No, the argument I was basically going by, was everyone that has an X-Plorer controller will most likely pick up Rock Band or GH3. People without won't really experience the fun of the game.

ZacY2J
07-31-2007, 12:23 AM
There prob. not gonna put out a demo if they did it would be cool but its a 10 to 1 shot that they will considering they didnt put one out for GHII.

skatersurf
08-02-2007, 03:02 AM
well if they do put out a demo i would probably be a lot likely to buy guitar hero 3 first because i would know what im getting

k_dog
08-02-2007, 08:25 PM
well if they do put out a demo i would probably be a lot likely to buy guitar hero 3 first because i would know what im getting

From what I've already played from the GH series, what I've seen and heard, and from what wulfe has said, I'm prety sure I'd still be convinced to buy it without a demo.

Webb
08-02-2007, 08:27 PM
From what I've already played from the GH series, what I've seen and heard, and from what wulfe has said, I'm prety sure I'd still be convinced to buy it without a demo.

Even though it is a different development team?

k_dog
08-02-2007, 08:31 PM
Even though it is a different development team?

Honestly, what from Activision has been absolutly BAD?

Not only that, but it would honestly be really hard to mess it up at this point. Unless of course you have lack of everything *cough* 80's *cough*

codedigital
08-02-2007, 08:31 PM

It's about F-ing time you got back here.

Even knowing how much I love the series...I'm holding out to see. I don't like the changes I'm seeing. I'd rather play the Guitar Hero I know, which is really Rock Band now.

BUT...I'll probably end up getting it anyway. I'm just way more stoked for RB.

k_dog
08-02-2007, 08:35 PM
It's about F-ing time you got back here.

Even knowing how much I love the series...I'm holding out to see. I don't like the changes I'm seeing. I'd rather play the Guitar Hero I know, which is really Rock Band now.

BUT...I'll probably end up getting it anyway. I'm just way more stoked for RB.

It's not like you live that far away...;)

I think the changes are going to bring more dynamics to the gameplay to change what has been, for the most part, a pretty linear game engine.

That what excites me...

codedigital
08-02-2007, 08:37 PM
It's not like you live that far away...;)

I think the changes are going to bring more dynamics to the gameplay to change what has been, for the most part, a pretty linear game engine.

That what excites me...

True...but it's coming from a development house that doesn't do music games. I suppose we'll see later if that would give them a one up because of their untainted view of the genre.

I don't think any of the changes brought up so far are that earth shattering really. Except for the Battle Mode much hasn't been done.

Spot2009
08-02-2007, 09:16 PM
Read the user reviews from the people that went to play the almost-full version of the game at Scorehero. They seem to believe that Activision pulled it off.

UTSBlaze
08-03-2007, 12:23 PM
Read the user reviews from the people that went to play the almost-full version of the game at Scorehero. They seem to believe that Activision pulled it off.
Just what I was going to say. Pretty much all of the posts made by the few who went to the event all said, "If you had any worries that Neversoft weren't going to pull this off, leave them behind now."

I'm pre-ordering GH3 soon, it's my most anticipated game this year.

codedigital
08-03-2007, 12:30 PM
They might have pulled it off...but what have they changed? The only real addition I see is Battle Mode and Live multiplayer. I think that all the innovation we'll see if Rock Band is just going to blow it away.

We need Rock Band...so that GH doesn't become the Madden of the music genre.

Rocket
08-03-2007, 12:44 PM
They might have pulled it off...but what have they changed? The only real addition I see is Battle Mode and Live multiplayer. I think that all the innovation we'll see if Rock Band is just going to blow it away.

This is very true. I think that it does need competition, so that we don't get the same thing over and over again because it is all we have on the market. Let's face it, Madden has owned the market for a long time, and we don't want that. We want innovation and new things in games, and the only way we will get it is if there is more than one brand of the same style of game...Granted, I'm not paying $200+ for Rock Band, but will def. pay for GH3!!! (even though I totally suck at Hard and Expert, But I totally rock on Medium, perfect on 34 songs and counting!!!)

UTSBlaze
08-03-2007, 12:47 PM

The only things changed (or added) are:

The set list (obviously)
Visuals (including HUD (a major improvements in everything))
Online Play
Battle Mode
Co-op story

codedigital
08-03-2007, 12:49 PM
Granted, I'm not paying $200+ for Rock Band

Just remember....you don't HAVE to buy all of the instruments if you don't want to. But it's nice to have the option of drumming instead of playing the guitar. In fact...if you GH2 for the 360 and just want to play the guitar...just buy Rock Band itself without any instruments.

Rocket
08-03-2007, 12:59 PM
Just remember....you don't HAVE to buy all of the instruments if you don't want to. But it's nice to have the option of drumming instead of playing the guitar. In fact...if you GH2 for the 360 and just want to play the guitar...just buy Rock Band itself without any instruments.

This is true, but if I do that, what about the achievements? I can almost be certain that some will involve the drums and mic. Which, will put me in a tight spot, as I am a drummer, not the greatest in the world and not the worst. I would easily get those achievements, but without the drums, I'd be SOL...so for me, my best best is to just get GH3 and not worry about RB...

Gorjira
08-16-2007, 10:13 PM
There prob. not gonna put out a demo if they did it would be cool but its a 10 to 1 shot that they will considering they didnt put one out for GHII.

They have basilcy said it...There will be a demo. That was there aim for the next few months...Its on a video in youtube

redsoxfan5592
08-17-2007, 05:43 AM
The game is not out until October, there is no way in hell they would release a demo 3 months in advance of the release date.
what about halo 3 numb nuts? 4 months before release.

redsoxfan5592
08-17-2007, 05:45 AM
Releasing the demo would be a dumb move on Neversoft's part due to the fact that not all 360 owners have the X-Plorer controller, and the game sucks using a regular controller.I agree, definitely.

Slormer
08-17-2007, 12:26 PM

Hey 'numbnuts', that was a beta, not a demo. There is a difference. You were actually supposed to be finding bugs, that's what beta's are for. Know what you are talking about before you insult someone.

Bluntman428
08-17-2007, 05:58 PM

Hey numb nuts, Halo 3 was a beta, not a demo.

And quit double posting, the mods around here don't like that shit.

I'm not really worried about a demo. I played GH2 enough to know I'm going to buy GH3. Even if it's not as good, it'll probably be better than half the crap I buy. The set list looks much better than GH2 too, which is the most important thing really.

Between this and Rock Band, the downloadable songs are going to kill my wallet. :(

Rocket
08-17-2007, 06:03 PM
Between this and Rock Band, the downloadable songs are going to kill my wallet. :(

Well now that I have 10,000+ bucks in the bank from my reenlistment, I'm gonna be in the same boat more than likely...Since I'll be able to afford getting the full set, I will go for the bundle...but no downloadable songs...they cost too damn much...

thieflordgamer
08-23-2007, 10:51 PM
http://forum.guitarherogame.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=27596

Sounds like this guy knows what he's talking about. I think releasing the demo with Tony Hawk's Proving Ground is a good strategy, but it's more likely to cause more rentals of THPG than more buys. Perhaps it would have been better if it was being released a bit earlier.

J Lo
08-24-2007, 03:11 AM
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6177387.html?tag=latestnews;title;2

There actually is a demo coming out!! :woop:

o Machamp o
08-24-2007, 08:38 PM
You buy proving grounds, you get the demo when Proving grounds comes out. You don't buy proving grounds, you get the demo on Oct 21, 6 days before release. There, nuff said.

Who128
08-24-2007, 08:49 PM
Why do you even need a demo..just play GH2 its going to be the same thing, except different interfaces, different songs. Thats it.

Spot2009
08-25-2007, 06:48 AM

Rock Band intoduces a Jam Session and 2 more instruments to be played (which can be found on older games). That's not really earthshattering except that it's all in one game.

Guitar Hero changed the HOPO system to make it a little more real, so you won't be able to tap the end of Laid to Rest (most likely) if they had that song.

I'm not saying Guitar Hero 2 is a whole new thing, but neither is Rock Band.

thieflordgamer
08-25-2007, 06:25 PM
It's true that the drum and mic have been done before. But the experience of making music with others is what really sets Rock Band apart from Guitar Hero.

Of course, what sets Guitar Hero apart is that it focuses on the guitar, has lots of features for the guitar, and probably has better guitar parts than Rock Band.

robertfee
09-06-2007, 06:49 PM
yeah a guy at gamestop told me today there is a 5 song demo coming out with tony hawk and then about a week later it will be available on marketplace. beastie boys sabotage, rolling stones paint it black, weezer my name is jonas, and 2 others are gonna be on it.
my question is this. is a demo really necessary. i mean if you have a guitar, you have guitar hero and therefore know how it works. do they think people are gonna get the demo and play it with the controller and fall in love with it? this is an odd game to have a demo, but we'll see what happens

Gun-Nut
09-06-2007, 07:47 PM
I'm pretty sure "The Metal" from Tenacious D is going to be in the demo, I'm sure I read about it somewhere, also the demo will hit Market Place like 1-2 weeks before the launch of the game.

nascarfan38124
09-07-2007, 07:10 AM
yeah a guy at gamestop told me today there is a 5 song demo coming out with tony hawk and then about a week later it will be available on marketplace. beastie boys sabotage, rolling stones paint it black, weezer my name is jonas, and 2 others are gonna be on it.
my question is this. is a demo really necessary. i mean if you have a guitar, you have guitar hero and therefore know how it works. do they think people are gonna get the demo and play it with the controller and fall in love with it? this is an odd game to have a demo, but we'll see what happens

they are probably trying to use the demo to keep people buying GH instead of going for RB you know get them excited and then hey look its out lets go pick it up!

Who128
09-08-2007, 07:38 PM
A demo to me seems pointless. Like a guy said before me, if you have the guitar to play the demo, you know what Guitar Hero is and i don't think people are going to try and play it with a controller.

Cold Rival
09-08-2007, 07:59 PM
Why do you even need a demo..just play GH2 its going to be the same thing, except different interfaces, different songs. Thats it.

I suppose that could be applied to the Halo series...

(I don't acctually know if you played the Halo 3 demo or not, but if you did, then you can answer your own question.)

Vista
09-09-2007, 01:39 AM
Isnt the demo only avaible with the THPG game?

Fire Mage
09-09-2007, 04:04 AM
Isnt the demo only avaible with the THPG game?
It comes with THPG.

But afterwards it comes to the marketplace a bit later.

Conker Rules All
09-09-2007, 07:18 AM
I suppose that could be applied to the Halo series...

(I don't acctually know if you played the Halo 3 demo or not, but if you did, then you can answer your own question.)

ya this is so true because i played the beta to see how good halo 3 is going to be and exactly what is going to happen with gh3 which i know im gonna love even though i'll put like 30 hours into it and get like 200/1000 gamerscore BECAUSE THE ACHIEVEMENTS ARE IMPOSSIBLE LOL:p

Proxyghost104
09-09-2007, 03:02 PM
I think that the demo is a great idea. It gives you a chance to try out the game before it comes out. And in case none of you knew, they released a demo for GH2 with playstation magazine before that came out, and everyone loved it.

TimmayTheTurtle
09-15-2007, 02:03 AM
I think that the demo is a great idea. It gives you a chance to try out the game before it comes out. And in case none of you knew, they released a demo for GH2 with playstation magazine before that came out, and everyone loved it.

havent seen it yet... when does the demo come out.