PDA

View Full Version : Easiest hole for ace?

Captain and 7
05-18-2011, 02:24 PM
So, I'm about to start trying to whittle away at the 25 aces. I've got 4 so far just playing through the first PGA season. I'm wondering what the easiest hole would be to create a custom course with?

It obviously needs to a flat green for easy rolls, plus a distance that's not in between clubs. I tend to find that the short irons and long wedges are the easiest because you can control the spin the most, so I guess that's about a 150-180 yard hole.

Also, would the 25 unlock if I hit it in the custom course since I've already got 4 in the road to the masters, or does the 25th still need to be in the road to the masters?

Taki...
05-18-2011, 04:17 PM
It depends. If you want to get a lot of aces w/o messing around then wait until you reach The Masters. The sponsorship event is the Augusta Par 3 course. Just load it up and play the first hole... if you miss, just click restart event and get to have another shot at the ace right away... you should only quit once you have an ace, then you can just start the event again and repeat the process. it's not the easiest hole, but it is the quickest way to notch up aces.

Btw, once you have aced the first it's a good idea to play through the rest of the event (but don't finish it if you want to keep getting aces) as you can usually get one or two more on the par 3 course.

Captain and 7
05-18-2011, 04:38 PM
Yeah, I just tried that actually. But the first hole had the pin tucked away at the very front of the green and it was an in between wedge. The caddy wouldn't give me a tip so I was doing a custom shot every time. After about 40 attempts I just played through and didn't hole any of them.

I did hit the pin about 4 times but nothing would fall. Now I've completed it so I would have to play an entire season again to get back to it. I think it would be simpler for me to just play the same hole 18 times and try and hole it one or two times. Especially now that the par 3 event is over.

Trash Man
05-18-2011, 05:39 PM
Augusta Par 3, Sunday pins, members tees, holes 1,3,6 and 9.

All pretty easy to ace regularly.

NJAM14Titleist
05-18-2011, 08:38 PM
So, I'm about to start trying to whittle away at the 25 aces. I've got 4 so far just playing through the first PGA season. I'm wondering what the easiest hole would be to create a custom course with?

It obviously needs to a flat green for easy rolls, plus a distance that's not in between clubs. I tend to find that the short irons and long wedges are the easiest because you can control the spin the most, so I guess that's about a 150-180 yard hole.

Also, would the 25 unlock if I hit it in the custom course since I've already got 4 in the road to the masters, or does the 25th still need to be in the road to the masters?

25th CAN'T be on a custom course. It doesn't have to be in Road to the Masters. If you go into course mastery, choose the course with what you think is the easiest to record an ace on. Choose Custom Select to pick the Par 3 holes for that course. After the round in course mastery just select the same course again and the custom settings are saved. This was the fastest way for me.

Captain and 7
05-18-2011, 08:58 PM
So to clarify, you used this method until you got 24 hole in ones. Then for the 25th you just waited until you got it during a PGA tour event?

NJAM14Titleist
05-18-2011, 10:35 PM
So to clarify, you used this method until you got 24 hole in ones. Then for the 25th you just waited until you got it during a PGA tour event?

No I picked-up a few during the tour. I did the others on a custom course. The 25th was in course mastery custom select.

Captain and 7
05-18-2011, 11:54 PM
Alright, so I don't have to worry about if I hit my 25th ace during some other gametype that's not a PGA tournament. I've actually just been playing those 4 holes on the Augusta par 3 and hit about 5 aces today.

NJAM14Titleist
05-19-2011, 11:09 AM
Alright, so I don't have to worry about if I hit my 25th ace during some other gametype that's not a PGA tournament. I've actually just been playing those 4 holes on the Augusta par 3 and hit about 5 aces today.

As long as the 25th isn't on custom course you are ok.

Marketman316
06-02-2011, 08:37 AM
i can confirm the custom course idea works perfectly. i had 9 aces during my 7 season masters run, started using the method til i got to 24 then did one at the 9 hole par 3 course and blammo both pins at once!. took me about an hour to get 15 aces on the 17th at sawgrass custom course. much much quicker than doing it "properly". glad it didnt glitch my 10 aces pin tho and now i have my 1000g thanks guys!!!

NJAM14Titleist
06-02-2011, 10:55 AM
i can confirm the custom course idea works perfectly. i had 9 aces during my 7 season masters run, started using the method til i got to 24 then did one at the 9 hole par 3 course and blammo both pins at once!. took me about an hour to get 15 aces on the 17th at sawgrass custom course. much much quicker than doing it "properly". glad it didnt glitch my 10 aces pin tho and now i have my 1000g thanks guys!!!

You're welcome.

Angels N Skins
06-06-2011, 07:10 PM
I just tried it with Mulligans on so don't even bother with it. I'm at 16 without really trying so I guess I'll just have to be patient. Sucks the Auguusta par 3 isn't available for a custom course. Other than TPC #17, are there any others for a custom course?

Angels N Skins
06-11-2011, 06:55 AM
I just finished this tonight and got the Pin Collector achievement. Th easiest way for me was to find posts on Gamernet challenges in the single hole category. This is nice because the wind conditions never change. You can replay the same one over and over again even if you beat the challenge. Just like the other posts, the 25th can not be done this way (it took me 26 holes in one to get it). I got lucky and got an ace on the very next Road to the masters tournament. hope this helps. i got about 8 aces in about 45 minutes.

welsh boy
07-04-2011, 11:21 AM
I just finished this tonight and got the Pin Collector achievement. Th easiest way for me was to find posts on Gamernet challenges in the single hole category. This is nice because the wind conditions never change. You can replay the same one over and over again even if you beat the challenge. Just like the other posts, the 25th can not be done this way (it took me 26 holes in one to get it). I got lucky and got an ace on the very next Road to the masters tournament. hope this helps. i got about 8 aces in about 45 minutes.
Im currently trying the gamernet challenge method but they are not showing up on my stats. I have 15 aces at the moment but the extra 5 I just got on gamernet challenges not registering

Thrawnn
07-09-2011, 01:15 AM
Confirmed Ace pin unlock without 'Road to Masters'

I just completed 25 Aces and unlocked the 'Pin Collector' achievement by doing Course Mastery and playing 'All par 3's setting, rather than 'Custom Select'. I did not need to get #25 within 'Road to the Masters'.

I rotated between TPC Sawgrass, East Lake, and Celtic Manor. These courses' par 3's were all generally easy.

nufcneilo
07-22-2011, 05:01 PM
I've just got the pin, and did it by creating a custom course. I used 18 holes of the 17th at TPC Sawgrass, the infamous island hole. I edited my bag so I had every type of wedge and high iron, so that the caddy would recommend 90-100% most times. The green is virtually all flat, so any change in direction from the swing can be countered by spin. On average I got about 4/5 aces per 18-round. Regarding the 25th needing to be within RTTM mode, I was unsure, so I made sure I kept count and got to 24. Then used the method of restarting the par 3 challenge in the Masters sponsor challenge till I got the last one, guaranteeing that it counted!

Creepsho88
08-12-2011, 08:53 AM
Course Mastery is actually within Road to the Masters. But you're correct it doesn't have to be in tournament play, it can be in the Course Mastery mode.

Wooly Bully69
08-22-2011, 05:07 AM
I've just got the pin, and did it by creating a custom course. I used 18 holes of the 17th at TPC Sawgrass, the infamous island hole. I edited my bag so I had every type of wedge and high iron, so that the caddy would recommend 90-100% most times. The green is virtually all flat, so any change in direction from the swing can be countered by spin. On average I got about 4/5 aces per 18-round. Regarding the 25th needing to be within RTTM mode, I was unsure, so I made sure I kept count and got to 24. Then used the method of restarting the par 3 challenge in the Masters sponsor challenge till I got the last one, guaranteeing that it counted!

how do you set a course with 18 holes all as 1 hole?