TITANIC coming back to theatres... in 3D

Mr Bungle

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Ynrrr6220yU/TDdnM1OlOSI/AAAAAAAAB_Y/a0uRlCVFPgU/s400/James_cameronmoney.jpg

Yep. James "Show me tha' Money" Cameron is now bringing Titanic back to theatres April 6th, 2012 in fucking 3D.

I'm sorry, but I absolutely DESPISE James Cameron. He'll do anything for a buck!

Avatar was the biggest grossing film of all time. Was that enough? No. He brings the film back to theatres months later as a re-release. End there? Nope. Then he releases the DVD with absolutely no special features. Surely that's enough? Fuck no. He then release a 3 disc special edition of Avatar.

Fuck James Cameron.

Your thoughts?

** I'm sorry about my angry rants today. But I've seen a lot of things pissing me off today ha.

What the fuck happened to the good old James Cameron making movies that were fucking awesome, rather than just humping the money tree?

I need to find this money tree so I can take it out to a nice dinner, maybe even a movie, and then get all nasty with it.

I wouldn't go that far, but Avatar was highly overrated!

This. Both Titanic and Avatar are great films. Worthy of all the acclaim though? Probably not.

Not really a big fan of Titanic or of that genre of film in general but like many others I'll probably go see it because I never saw it in theatres the first time around (I was only 9). I still despise 3D and dismiss it as gimmicky but it won't hurt the film and as such I'm fine with the alterations (unlike the Lucas treatment of Star Wars).

• 2 weeks later...

James Cameron must be broke and in need of a quick buck to be doing this. 'Titantic' is a great movie but would I pay to see it again, this time in 3D? Probably not since I saw it back in 1997 when it first came out. In my opinion, 3D in movies is over rated and thankfully at least one great director (Chris Nolan) hasn't jumped on the band wagon.

That is stupid, the latest Titanic was by far the best, I don't see why they need to remake. If anything seeing bodies flying toward you and water is disrespectful to the lives lost on that day. James Cameron is a complete nonse who cares about nothing but money.

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you confused, it's not a remake, the movie is getting converted from 2D to 3D. Like what Lucas is doing with the Star Wars films.

Don't care for the movie, but I might end up going to see it just to see what Cameron can do with 2D to 3D conversion. Say what you want about Avatar's plot/acting/etc but its use of 3D was revolutionary and definitely worthy of praise.

He's already gone on record to say that if conversion is "done right," it can look as good as a movie actually filmed in 3D, so hopefully he can prove himself right with this project. There's a lot of movies that were poorly converted just to pull in some extra cash (Alice and Clash of the Titans anyone?), but Cameron's not doing that with Titanic. I fully expect to be awed by its presentation and I really hope it sets an example for other directors/producers to actually put effort into conversion.

Edited by Veedrock