PDA

View Full Version : Trailer, Cover and M-Rated Description

The Pants Party
05-21-2011, 02:51 AM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1629/cover.jpg

YouTube - ‪New Sega Horror Game: Rise of Nightmares - Trailer‬‏

"This is a horror-adventure game in which players assume the role of an American tourist who must rescue his wife from a deranged scientist."

"Players use brass knuckles, knives, hatchets, and chainsaws to kill zombie-like creatures and disfigured monsters inside a mansion environment. Combat is highlighted by exaggerated sprays of blood, and damage often results in dismemberment or decapitation—stray body parts sometimes litter the ground.

Some sequences and cutscenes depict more intense acts of violence: a man screams loudly as spikes impale his body; a restrained character’s hand is chopped off before he is killed; a character (cut in half) crawls away in a pool of blood; a soldier is ripped apart by a monster, causing blood to stain the screen. During the course of the game, some female creatures are depicted in revealing outfits (e.g., ‘pasties’ that partially cover their breasts); in one sequence, a woman sits on the central character’s chest and engages in suggestive dialogue (e.g., ‘Oh, how I’ve thought of this—night after night. How I’ve missed these lips.’). Dialogue also includes phrases such as ‘Best sex of my life.’/'Worst sex of my life,’ ‘f**k,’ and ‘sh*t.’"

--------------------------

No gameplay yet, but this could be pretty cool. The only thing that will really hurt it, is how much light you need to use the Kinect. Games like these are best played in your basement with the lights off. I'm intrigued, as I loved Condemned and most of the Resident Evil games. But, this could also turn out to suck based on not being able to get in the right setting.

HellspawnRei
06-13-2011, 06:14 PM
To be honest i cant wait for this game.
Even if it lags.

KFZ Scrubs
06-22-2011, 05:12 PM
Looks interesting... to be honest though, it'll probably frustrate a lot of people

Vail13
07-12-2011, 11:09 PM
this look like a killer game. I cant wait. Realy hope that kinect will respond corectly.

Prelude2disastr
07-20-2011, 09:51 AM
I must admit, I'm really looking forward to this game but I'm also very dubious about how much it delivers on its promise. Also, aside from a small handful of things, I haven't really heard a lot about the games details, since it's due out in only a couple of months, I would have thought there would have been a lot more creative atmosphere siphoned out to the public.

I think I'll definitely be buying this, but it will probably be one that I wait a few months for. Especially since there's a few games I intend to put a lot of hours into coming out shortly before and periodically after "Rise of Nightmares"

DanxerWolfe
07-20-2011, 11:48 AM
That's a great point about the amount of light needed for the Kinect. Could definitely suck out a lot of the atmosphere.

Even still, I am excited about any horror release. After the very polished, but not very scary, Dead Space 2, I am in the mood for something darker (even if I need to play it in the light).

Fang Foom
08-01-2011, 08:02 PM
That's a great point about the amount of light needed for the Kinect. Could definitely suck out a lot of the atmosphere.

Even still, I am excited about any horror release. After the very polished, but not very scary, Dead Space 2, I am in the mood for something darker (even if I need to play it in the light).

When I play Kinect it always says the duller the better (though obviously you cant turn the lights out haha!)

But yeah Im looking forward to this. I dont expect rave reviews but just abit of a cheesy mindless fun kinda game like House of the Dead etc

RIIIPPER
08-02-2011, 07:55 AM
I might actually get this when it comes out, rather than waiting -- looks like a great reason to dust off my Kinect (I've left the dust on for Kinect Fun Labs).

Addax NZ
08-03-2011, 03:48 AM
My kinect works pefectly find in the dark. (No my tv does not produce much light)

Rep
08-03-2011, 03:55 AM
Just another reason for me to buy a fucking Kinect...

LoKuS773
08-03-2011, 04:21 AM
I'm still on the fence about this game. The pre-order stuff they announced is nice, but im just not too sure...

pandaliamcod6
08-03-2011, 12:01 PM
Secret achievements here:

Master Sleuth (50 points)
Found all of the Detective's Tapes

Tarot Master (50 points)
Obtained all Tarot Cards.

Nightmare Defeater (50 points)
Cleared the main game on the "No Mercy" difficulty level

Nightmare Vanquisher (100 points)
Cleared the main game on the "Torture" difficulty level.

Nightmare Escapee (30 points)
Cleared the main game on the "Humane" difficulty level

Aaron and Katja (10 points)
Cleared Act 0.

The Train (10 points)
Cleared Act 1.
The Survivors (10 points)
Cleared Act 2.

The Nightmare (10 points)
Cleared Act 6.
Viktor (10 points)
Cleared Act 7.

Stirrings of Death (10 points)
Cleared Act 8

House of Madness (10 points)
Cleared Act 3.

Friend or Foe? (10 points)
Cleared Act 4.

The Forest (10 points)
Cleared Act 5

Escape From the Grasp of Evil (30 points)
Obtained an A-Rank in Act 10, Scene 1

Live to Tell the Tale (30 points)
Obtained an A-Rank in Act 10, Scene 2

Fight or Flight (30 points)
Obtained an A-Rank in Act 10, Scene 3.

Sharp-Eyed Traveler (20 points)
Discovered all "Secret Events

Endless Nightmare (60 points)
Survived the Endless Nightmare.

Master of the Nightmare (60 points)
Cleared the "TORTURE" difficulty without dying

xCH4PM4Nx
08-04-2011, 12:25 AM
I will deff get this game when it comes out, but i am worried because it will be the first kinect game coming out which seems to have a full body moving around the in game world mechanic, which could go south..

El Stupido
08-07-2011, 02:42 PM
Hey, will this game support gamepad like Child of Eden?

The Pants Party
08-07-2011, 04:34 PM
Hey, will this game support gamepad like Child of Eden?

As you can see by the giant cover I posted, it requires Kinect.

scrummers
08-18-2011, 12:04 AM
I'll wait for the reviews to decided if i want this or not. It's either going to be the game that draws in the hardcore gamer or just another kinect game. It all depends on the reviews.

I X I Shock I
08-20-2011, 06:39 PM
Even if the game isn't that great, I will still be getting it, for the sole purpose of ripping Lady Gaga's apart with my bare hands :D

Daniel55645
08-24-2011, 02:01 AM
this game looks like it will be fun to play but as far as achievements im sure this game will be very frustrating as a lot of kinect games are, but at least they finally come out with a decent kinect game

MastrMeatWad
08-25-2011, 06:16 PM
I'm still on the fence about this game. The pre-order stuff they announced is nice, but im just not too sure...

agreed. Amazon has the Jester avatar prop and gamestop has the zombie. I would like both-bummer.