PDA

View Full Version : a few tips for Hexic master

Djqwakqwak
05-23-2011, 05:14 AM
just got done 200/200 with this, and seeing as there is not much info, i thought id help a little bit. (this is a lot to process but once you understand it makes the game a whole lot easier)

a couple things i did were star walking and making a grid, video links will be provided (i did not make them, and take no credit)

Star Walking: with 2 stars next to each other you are able to move them just about anywhere on the entire board.. with enough practice, patience and planning, it is possible to move 2 stars without so much as causing one unwanted cluster to be formed. with a third star, you can use the pair of stars to "walk" around the board, and gather pieces of the same color to make flowers around the third star

video of star walking: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShUoTqDC90M

A Grid: the "grid" is from the 360 version, where you place stars along every other row to control the entire board, it is quite tricky to set up, but is invaluable in mass producing stars.

Grid Tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pC_j3arSV2I&feature=related

now the trouble with this is, the board is not the same size in hexic HD as it is in Hexic rush, and because of this, the grid does not come out even, so what i did was built it from the bottom up (unlike the video where he goes top to bottom) and i only took it half the way up(4 rows, 16 stars) simple planning allowed me to destroy any bombs that came without any worry to my grid being damaged

once u have your Half grid set up keep making star flowers on the top most row of stars, destroy clusters underneath the new stars that come from the top of the screen to get them to fall back into place on your grid, and move the extra star to the bottom most part of the grid for safe storage. when you have 7 extra stars you can make a black pearl using 3 stars from your grid and 3 of the 7 stars you made, you then use the other 4 to replace the 3 that were removed to fix your grid, rinse and repeat 6 times

i know its a lot to take in, but keep at it and once you set up a grid and see how it works, it will better help you understand the game, any questions feel free to ask and ill help however i can

I Gil Galad I
01-18-2012, 07:11 AM
I used a slightly different technique, and it has worked for me. (I have made 3 grand pearl pooh-bahs on Hexic HD, and 2 on Rush).

I use the star walking as everyone does, but I am not a huge fan of the grid style. It takes lots of setting up and can be confusing. I prefer to make 'towers' of stars, a vertical line of stars one line in from each side. With this I keep 3 or 4 stars in the middle to keep making new ones, which I store along the bottom, and when I have too many, I make a black pearl or two and continue making new stars.

NJDuke007
01-20-2012, 02:45 AM
I used a slightly different technique, and it has worked for me. (I have made 3 grand pearl pooh-bahs on Hexic HD, and 2 on Rush).

I use the star walking as everyone does, but I am not a huge fan of the grid style. It takes lots of setting up and can be confusing. I prefer to make 'towers' of stars, a vertical line of stars one line in from each side. With this I keep 3 or 4 stars in the middle to keep making new ones, which I store along the bottom, and when I have too many, I make a black pearl or two and continue making new stars.

I think it's better off to just practice the grid. It may be confusing at first but I definitely think it is way better in the long run. When you learn how to do it right you don't even get to bombs.