PDA

View Full Version : Sonic Team

JC Elite
07-05-2007, 02:32 AM
Anyone else here think Sonic Team has either lost it or just doesn't care anymore? They have already destroyed the Sonic franchise and now they are doing the same to the Phantasy Star games.

I just don't understand why they don't just go back to making Sonic 2D (maybe a new game for Live Arcade) and give us a REAL Phantasy Star RPG instead of putting out this retread of a game or the crappy Sonic titles.

deathbypig37x
07-05-2007, 04:19 AM
Anyone else here think Sonic Team has either lost it or just doesn't care anymore? They have already destroyed the Sonic franchise and now they are doing the same to the Phantasy Star games.

I just don't understand why they don't just go back to making Sonic 2D (maybe a new game for Live Arcade) and give us a REAL Phantasy Star RPG instead of putting out this retread of a game or the crappy Sonic titles.

Wow, you're being a little harsh i think. But everyone is entitled to their own opion...I mean I have a few friends who won't stop playing this game, so there must be something to it. And about the Sonic games, I don't think they are all that bad. The only REALL bad Sonic game recently was that stupid Shadow the hedgehog spinoff. I think all the gameboy games are great. (But then again, they are 2d, so I see your point)

JC Elite
07-07-2007, 08:10 PM
Yeah, I got a guy on my buddly list who plays this game non-stop. I don't understand it, but to each their own. I really loved PSO for the Dreamcast, but gaming has evolved since then & I was hoping PSU would be much better than PSO. Plus, there is NO reason why this game should have a monthly fee attached to it. That's just insulting to gamers.

As far as the Sonic franchise goes, there hasn't been a good 3D Sonic game since 'Sonic Adventure' on the Dreamcast. And even that game, after playing through some of it again recently, is irritating as hell. I just don't understand why Sonic Team continues to try to shove crap down our throats as consumers. How long have they been making 3D Sonic titles now? And they STILL can't get the camera to work properly? Stupid cast of characters that nobody cares about, crappy controls, lame storylines, terrible visuals, worse & most annoying voice acting I have ever heard, etc. are just some of the other problems with these titles.

Just doesn't make any sense to me. They used to make great games.