PDA

View Full Version : House - it was nice knowing you (finale spoilers)

ZedChuva
05-24-2011, 07:35 AM
So, House is over eh? Series finale and all that?

:confused:

Wait, that WASN'T the series finale?

:drunk

Way to go guys. The writers on that show have done the unthinkable. They have out jumped the shark. There will be a new term in our lexicon to describe a show that has gone too far, and can never return.

"Driving the car into the House" (pun intended)

There is honestly NO way for them to save the show at this point. Getting rid of Cuddy was a great thing (well, Lisa quit, and now it's clear why, but still), but this... no going back. Unless they flash forward 10 years, and the show isn't about House being a Doctor, or next season is about him practicing medicine on some tropical island... or Prison Break 2.0... it's done. He tried to kill 5 people. Again, HE TRIED TO KILL 5 PEOPLE!! There is NO coming back from that... none. Yea, they could start next season with him sitting at the end of the street in his car, "day dreaming" about doing what he did, but that would be just as bad. They've done the bullshit "dream" crap enough on this once great show.

Hooking House and Cuddy up was bad enough, but this... :ass

He's done a LOT of things that would have cost him his license to practice medicine. Most of them are "okay, it's a show, I'll let it slide", but this... nope, not even Quentin Tarantino himself could write a plausible, acceptable plot, solid enough to save the show.

RIP House M.D. 2004 - 2011

Skepsis93
05-24-2011, 03:32 PM
I'd have to disagree. House has always been about this larger than life character that can get away with stuff literally no-one else can get away with. They can get away with this because the show has an almost supernatural quality to it. Everything he's done in the past has just been leading up to this thing, the biggest thing he's done so far by a mile, and I'm looking forward to seeing where they go from here. It will be a new direction but I'm glad about that, because the old formula was getting a bit stale for me.

mksystem74
05-24-2011, 05:52 PM
I was watching it and thinking "he can drive his car in to the house." And then he told Wilson to get out and I began to think "he CAN'T drive the car in to the house..." and then he went down the road and spun around and I'm thinking " HE CAN'T DRIVE THE CAR IN TO THE HOUSE"..... I've been thinking for a while that next season will be its last, they've done everything they could and now this. It really was a shocking finale, but not the good kind.

SynysterChris
05-30-2011, 07:24 AM
I though it was actually good, and funny. I'm looking forward to what they will do next season.

SALT1R3
05-30-2011, 11:27 PM
I stopped watching season 7 when that Tron bimbo resurfaced - was not wanting to go through all that nonsense with her again. The series is looking very tired now and season 8 will be its last according to Laurie so at least send it off in a bang.

Burning Karma
06-01-2011, 01:49 AM
I stopped watching season 7 when that Tron bimbo resurfaced - was not wanting to go through all that nonsense with her again. The series is looking very tired now and season 8 will be its last according to Laurie so at least send it off in a bang.
Olivia Wilde, but whatever.

Unless they were all in the dining room, would it be consider trying to kill them all?

Dz06lt
06-01-2011, 01:58 AM
the show isnt over, it will be back for one more year.

Spanish Assault
06-03-2011, 05:41 PM
I didnt know Cuddy quit the show...that sucks.

SALT1R3
06-04-2011, 05:53 AM
Olivia Wilde, but whatever.

Unless they were all in the dining room, would it be consider trying to kill them all?

Yeah she wasnt worth looking up for the name lol! Give me Cuddy anyday :D