PDA

View Full Version : anyone else excited about archenemy?

rianbattle
05-25-2011, 05:02 AM
i am...i've been wanting to try this game type out ever since i saw it in stores. i play in real life as well and beat the first duels and all it's expansions(which got me back into playing for real, btw lol). i've been waiting for more expansions for that or a new game like this.

didn't expect them to add this though, by the time i had money set aside to buy an archenemy deck they weren't selling them in stores that i could find around here lol.

Perax
05-25-2011, 09:37 AM
I played archenemy in real life but to be honest it didn't impress me much. Probably because of the inconsistence of the deck they sell archenemy schemes with, and the impossibility to play those schemes with a "real" deck (too powerful).

But if Archenemy deck in this game is well balanced with the decks to play against, it can be a lot of fun imo! Oh well, MTG Co-op is always fun imo :D

Azn Playah
05-26-2011, 01:43 AM
Will this archenemy be able to be played on offline co-op like two-headed giant from the first one or will it only be available online? Any word on that yet? Thanks.

rianbattle
05-27-2011, 10:21 PM
looking at the achievements i'd say there's a single player archenemy style format, as there is an achievement called "Evil's End" which states "Completed the Archenemy campaign"

:-)

Azn Playah
05-28-2011, 03:51 AM
Does that necessarily ensure that it can be played offline same screen or not? It's entirely possible that you have to play with other players through the campaign as well.

Aiden 514
05-28-2011, 05:43 AM
what actually is 'archenemy'

Komrade Vasilevsky
05-28-2011, 01:37 PM
what actually is 'archenemy'

YouTube - ‪Magic the Gathering: Duels 2012 - Video Interview‬‏

Komrade Kayce
05-28-2011, 04:43 PM
Thanks, Komrade!

BAdja13
05-29-2011, 05:29 PM
im justted excitted about the new game id maxed out last game, does this mena no more releases for the original game?

Komrade Vasilevsky
06-05-2011, 04:07 AM
im justted excitted about the new game id maxed out last game, does this mena no more releases for the original game?

I think so. They said they would bundle the original with all the DLC for sale on XBLA, sort of an Arcade GOTY I guess. And 350 is pretty much the max for achievement points for an arcade game,