PDA

View Full Version : What are your thoughts on Kinect inclusion?

Brutalsleeper
05-25-2011, 12:52 PM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-8455-Ghost-Recon--Future-Soldier-is--Better-With-Kinect--According-to-Box-Art.html

Apparently GR:FS will use Kinect. So I set up this thread to speculate about how it will be used and as a place to discuss the inclusion of Kinect in big core titles like this.

Personally I think it would be a good thing, presuming that it is a small feature used to control teamates and other small things that can be done while still using a controller.

Angrym0nkey
06-02-2011, 03:06 PM
Personally I think that the only way that kinect would work with GRFS would be an on-rail shooter, I haven't heard anything if it is true, but the biggest reason why I don't particularly like it, is I think that this is the main reason why the game has been delayed so much as the team try to push kinect controls in the game

FeatherbottomMR
06-02-2011, 11:03 PM
don't really care for the kinect.....

McGoogles
06-02-2011, 11:15 PM
I certainly hope they don't include achievements associated with the Kinect feature. If they do, then it'd be worse than what Ubisoft did for Rainbow Six Vegas 2.

Splinter4
06-30-2011, 01:23 AM
@ Angrym0nkey,

Man, I REALLY hope that is NOT the case.

If we find out that we could have been playing the originally
conceived GR:FS for the last 3 months now, but they pulled
it at the last minute JUST to add the "Kinect" functionality...
UGHHHH! :mad:
...well, needless to say, I think a lot of us will be seriously
disappointed in Ubisoft... AGAIN!

xXxDArKtOrNxXx
06-30-2011, 01:27 AM
I like the gun feature but spending a lot of money only on that is no bueno for me haha

zerolimitz12
10-13-2011, 09:06 PM
i like controller action honestly for a fps

fastNcurious
10-23-2011, 08:02 AM
don't really care for the kinect.....

This. As long as it's optional, I could care less. I'm not waving my hands around like some lunatic.

slickwilly red
01-11-2012, 12:54 AM
looks like it could be interesting

XxBlueSpade2xX
01-23-2012, 08:34 AM
I have nothing against Kinect. I haven't caved yet. But, I probably will soon. Anyway, I cannot see a shooter successfully coexisting with Kinect. I don't know what the future will bring. I really prefer shooters to be mouse or console controller.

AirborneRichard
01-26-2012, 10:13 PM
Kinect will as far i know be used mainly for the "gunsmith" part as far the kinect goes in terms of gameplay i don,t know. But for me i not have kinect and there isn,t a game out yet that realy want to buy me one, mabye ME3 might because that seems to add realy something to the whole gameplay (voicecommands) As for GRAW, its been delayed several times and as we all can read even the first impression gameplay didn,t went to smooth for the autor from this site. Alot of bugs and crashes. So after changing the gameplay and looks totaly it might been a good thing they pushed it back again untill march, but honestly i losing hope for this all i can read so far in the first impressions is that it combines alot what we already seeing in other shooters and GRAW was always about tactics and striking at the right moment. Now it seems that it gets the shape of an average shooter.

DEG23
01-26-2012, 11:37 PM
I can't see Kinect working for in game shooting, considering the game is third person. I know the cover system is first person but i just can't see how Kinect would be intergrated with the whole game, unless it's only a side gimmick for an addition mode.

ooII BoB IIoo
01-28-2012, 03:17 AM
gun smith seems ok but id still rather use my controller!!

EdRedSkull
01-30-2012, 12:04 PM
I can't use all the kinect functions because the country that i live. For that i think xbox company should work more in that area before entering in "prestige" games like GR and Mass Effect 3 etc... for people all over the world and not just in some countrys can enjoyed too.

my english sucks lol

Veedrock
01-30-2012, 12:35 PM
I can't use all the kinect functions because the country that i live. For that i think xbox company should work more in that area before entering in "prestige" games like GR and Mass Effect 3 etc... for people all over the world and not just in some countrys can enjoyed too.

my english sucks lol

Well, the thing is Microsoft isn't the ones putting Kinect features in the titles you mentioned, it's the game developers (Ubisoft and Bioware). So the inclusion of Kinect isn't pulling any focus away from Microsoft's efforts to expand localization and features.

===
More on topic, I'm glad its included but I'm not really seeing its appeal in the Gunsmith. Doesn't look like something I'd rather use Kinect over a controller for. However, if the game includes voice commands, I'd love to use that to give orders to my squadmates rather than going through several controller prompts.